I challange RoboPimp to a musical duel

jrak

• Members
Originally posted by jrak

I have self condidence and I'm sorry if I demonstrated a lack of humilty but you all are wrong, I am good, if you don't like my music we probably have different tastes and I may likely think you suck

I think a lot of you are expecting me, or anyone else really, to play with the same sensibilities as you come to play with but that is not the case

I don't know what you experience when you go to
www.soundclick.com/howlinmagic
but I hear a pretty kick ass song( I just changed it so a song plays when you got the page and added a couple since the reaction to my previous art has been so overwhelmingly positive)

if you don't we don't like the same type of music .

Hi Jrak, I doubt you are a bad person and having confidence is a good thing in the music business. The quality/merit of your music is not the issue. The reason you have come across as the jerk in this thread is that you have failed to respect that other people's opinions are theirs and they are entitled to it without having to get into a mud-slinging contest with you. You have made assumptions of peoples talents without even seeing what they have to offer and that makes you come across as petty.

I fully respect you and anyone who has the dedication to record music and circulate it for internet strangers to listen to/rate. However, it comes with the territory that you have to be able to take the criticism and/or plaudits with grace. Criticism should be used to sharpen your music skills and not embitter you with hate for people you've never met or ever likely to meet. I think JCN and some others were trying to make that point to you. I'd listen because it'll make you a better musician in the long run.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by sub rosa

If you really think you have a future in music then you have to loose the arrogance because you will go nowhere.

it did work for Oasis though. although i dont think jrak would wanna follow in their footsteps.

• Members
Originally posted by blaghaus

Wow. the worst clips I've ever heard

I didn't listen to all of them because some of my computers at work don't have speakers and I don't have any headphones -- but the ones I listened to were god awful.

Tom Waits would probably still sound better than that {censored} though if you put him in a bag and beat him with cinder blocks.:(

Dude -- I haven't heard stuff that bad on the college radio station where I went to school at.:thu:

:wave:

Chris

• Members
Originally posted by firebird1999us

I didn't listen to all of them because some of my computers at work don't have speakers and I don't have any headphones -- but the ones I listened to were god awful.

Tom Waits would probably still sound better than that {censored} though if you put him in a bag and beat him with cinder blocks.
:(

Dude -- I haven't heard stuff that bad on the college radio station where I went to school at.
:thu:

:wave:

Chris

normally, when something sucks, we just dont say anything, but Jrak just brought this {censored} on himself.

It sounded like two brothers I know who I give lessons to. They've been playing for 3 months.

• Members

here's the thing you have failed at music

:confused:

What's the thing he has failed at music?

though good luck with your Jazz book,everyone knows all the girls scream for the Jazz book authors, go get em' tiger

Ah, so the truth comes out. Playing ability? Composition skills? Tonality? Phrasing?

None of that matters!

All that matters is tappin' some azz!

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

:confused:

What's the thing he has failed at music?

Ah, so the truth comes out. Playing ability? Composition skills? Tonality? Phrasing?

None of that matters!

All that matters is tappin' some azz!

Yeah but I doubt anyone who plays that bad is tappin anything let alone azz:(

Chris

• Members

I have self condidence and I'm sorry if I demonstrated a lack of humilty but you all are wrong, I am good, if you don't like my music we probably have different tastes and I may likely think you suck

Let me put this bluntly:

you are NOT good.

knowing 4 notes does NOT equal= intended minimalism and 'soul'.

I recorded some covers recently and by recording them I already found out myself where I was lacking.

I play a pretty damn tight metal rhythm guitar, and I play with mucho 'balls', but there's ALWAYS room to learn. Even for guys like EVH, Satriani, etc.

Seriously, shred doesn't mean 'soulless wanking' perse!

And playing slow doesn't equal 'soulful' all the time.

There are fast players that play with lots of feel and soul (Al DiMeola, Slash, Randy Rhoads)

and there are slow players that lack 'tone' and stuff (you.)

(and vice versa ofcourse, Malmsteen vs. BB King for instance)

Instead of hiding behind the "this is my music, I love it, and if you don't like it, you suck" attitude, take criticism from different people.

I'm a metal guy mostly, but I'd kill for some Nashville banjo/country chops. I can respect such musicians AND still hear whether they're good or not.

Now I don't like the kinda music you like and play, but even so, I can still tell a good player in that style from a bad one.

• Members
Originally posted by blaghaus

Is this the new kestral? Please stick around dude, we've only just begun.

this guy is way worse.
Kestral would never post ugly curly pic of himself and claim to 'look good'.

But yeah, stick around.
I lost my favourite object of public flogging in Holland (some retarded bitch that was selling a Boss BCB6 case for way too much and acted really stupid and aggressive in her emails),
so I can use a new guy. ;):thu:

Archived