I challange RoboPimp to a musical duel

jrak

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by idiot savant

here you go jrak, for the sole purpose of entertainment i went a dug up a RoboPimp cllip for you.

FINALLY

couldn't someone just have told me this Robobitch plays jazzy noodling crap

I feel much better

I will say it's not horrible ( better then GBM's but I really hated that,), he's obviously spent some time with the guitar but even for what it is, it lacks soul and does nothing remotely new or creative and it just is not my thing at all

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

dude, gbm is a classically trained musician, multi-instrumentalist, and is close to finishing writing a textbook on Jazz. He's in a totally different league than most people here, including me for sure and you if your clips are any indication. If you stopped being pissed and looked around, you'd see there are some ridiculously talented people here. Any one of us could learn a lot from this place. A hell of a lot more than effects minutiae. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of the people who visit are humble enough to realize this.

Well said, I know I have managed to learn a thing or two in the years I have spent lurking around here, no small feat when you have a thick skulled German/Irish background :D

• Members

okay, so i actually listened to jrak and robopimp's clips.

jrak's clips suck in that totally amateurish, incompetent way. not worthless as a musician, but this handsome youngster is definitely in need of some serious mentoring. he has one of the three nicest pedalboards i've seen on this forum. how he could coax such awful tone from it is beyond me.

robopimp's clip is skillfully constructed. it sucks in that sterile, slick cracker blues way.

that's my take on the battle of two of the most abrasive forumites on hcfx.

• Members

I didn't listen to them, mostly because those links don't work. I tried it and it kept saying file not found. :confused:

I've heard RP's clips before, and you'd think he'd atleast have the decency to make fun of me, as well. Oh well, this seems to be the day hcef loves me, but atleast I scared another girl away with my...uh...mind.

• Members
Originally posted by capnbringdown

I didn't listen to them, mostly because those links don't work. I tried it and it kept saying file not found.
:confused:

I've heard RP's clips before, and you'd think he'd atleast have the decency to make fun of me, as well. Oh well, this seems to be the day hcef loves me, but atleast I scared another girl away with my...uh...mind.

I've loved you since the day I laid eyes on your moniker.:love:

• Members

I listened your demo,dude, and seriously..that's a {censored}ed-up fuzz pedal you got there. I won't even mention the psychedelic harmonica part.

But the good news is at least you got some confidence to start produce some music/noise/whatever in there.

Complete the first step, hang in there, and make Captain Beefheart proud.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by TubeCreamer

I listened your demo,dude, and seriously..that's a {censored}ed-up fuzz pedal you got there. I won't even mention the psychedelic harmonica part.

But the good news is at least you got some confidence to start produce some music/noise/whatever in there.

Complete the first step, hang in there, and make Captain Beefheart proud.
:thu:

Thank You

• Members
Originally posted by jrak

here's the thing you have failed at music

I'm young good looking and talented, I have a possible future in music

I make music that I and like minded people enjoy, you are obviously not of a like mind

you also have apparently failed

though good luck with your Jazz book,everyone knows all the girls scream for the Jazz book authors, go get em' tiger

LMAO!

I can't even begin with formulating a decent response.

Sure, you're good looking, if you're into that whole That 70's show schtick. :rolleyes:

If having 4 notes + fuzz as musical bagage=talented,
I wonder what my skills are called... :rolleyes::eek::D

I'm only 1 year older than you, but if those were my skills, I wouldn't be so self-confident/borderline-arrogant as you are, dude.

• Members

You {censored}ing twat I wasted about 5 minutes listening to your {censored} hoping something good would kick in but all I heard was tinny weak walls of noise with bad drum playing.

I can only hope you're kidding.....

You don't have to have 'mad chops' to make good music, I can see what you're going for - that spiritualized, explosions in the sky kinda thing, and guess what? It was wank.

I'm not into that ultra sick bluesy style stuff but even with that said i'd rather listen to that than your pony.

• Members

Dude that sucks -- I listend to going home and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I can appreciate different playing styles and whatnot but "not so good" is my prognosis.:(

I was expecting the Alvin Lee Woodstock version I guess.:o

Unless you've only been playing three months...in which case it sounds great!:)

Sorry -- maybe you'll be inspired to practice more:confused:

Chris

• Members
Originally posted by Leftside

Has robopimp even posted yet?

Why does he have to? jrak obviously wanted to call him out and make fun of his music and to ridicule him as a person. Jrak has managed to ridicule himself with his petulance and lack of humility. Yes RP can rub people up the wrong way but he does have real talent with the axe. He also has the intelligence to steer clear of this thread and let jrak fall on his own sword. RP and Vin Diesel must be wetting themselves laughing :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by phoenix_76

Why does he have to? jrak obviously wanted to call him out and make fun of his music and to ridicule him as a person. Jrak has managed to ridicule himself with his petulance and lack of humility. Yes RP can rub people up the wrong way but he does have real talent with the axe. He also has the intelligence to steer clear of this thread and let jrak fall on his own sword. RP and Vin Diesel must be wetting themselves laughing
:wave:

I have self condidence and I'm sorry if I demonstrated a lack of humilty but you all are wrong, I am good, if you don't like my music we probably have different tastes and I may likely think you suck

I think a lot of you are expecting me, or anyone else really, to play with the same sensibilities as you come to play with but that is not the case

I don't know what you experience when you go to www.soundclick.com/howlinmagic but I hear a pretty kick ass song( I just changed it so a song plays when you got the page and added a couple since the reaction to my previous art has been so overwhelmingly positive)

if you don't we don't like the same type of music .

Archived