Fusion $500 at GC?

Diametro

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I talked to a guy at my local GC today. He said they don't have any left, but were selling them for 499 earlier. He said they were 499 because there were massive problems with them, though...

I'd say the majority of "salesmen selling" keyboards at GC aren't as nearly as informed about what's going in with synths as most of the people who haunt this place ...

I.E. I'd take what they say with a grain of salt ... they just want to sell you something.

• Members

Hahahaha, I inquired about the fusion and the GC rep swore up and down that the units were perfect and did not have any problems, he said he even called alesis and talked to them and they had no known issues. (fusion in stock)

Another GC store the rep said (with passion) about all the problems they had. (fusion out of stock)

I did not get one from the first store that had them. Geeee, you think the answers are coincidence??:idea::D

I passed on the fusion deal, looks like a great all in one package though.

• Members

Maybe that store had a bad experience with a couple of returns and the manager said, f-ck it, I don't need this hassle ... doesn't mean someone's not going to get a lot of use out of one.

They stopped doing special order keyboard purchases at the local GC -- or so they say or something or other -- because they special ordered a Korg PAX1 or something ... the person didn't want it ... and now they're stuck with a $2,700 arranger keyboard.

It's still there. Oh why couldn't that douche have ordered a Virus TI or a PolyEvolver Keyboard?

• Members
See, now, I don't think the PEK's ugly; I rather like it's overall style. I do have some quibbles with some details, but mostly from a usage standpoint than an asthetic one. What about it is ugly to you?

Every single blue LED on it. Honestly it seems like its designed to appeal to 15 year old case modder PC guys. I don't really like my sidepanel colors. The Dave Smith font makes me gag (Mystrial or something). The interface isn't bad but the pitch/mod wheels are! :(

Sorry for the OT. Still got to get to GC and try a Fusion.

• Members

Obligatory on-topic: Fusion doesn't interest me.

Off-topic: Actually, the blue-LED's and too-slick wheels where my complaints as well. I actually opened mine up and disconnected those damn blue LEDs from the back. I thought maybe you had some other complaint about the layout or general form, so as to validate my own opinions. :D

We now return you to "Fusions are cheap as free", already in progress.

• Members

Slightly OT here but has anyone heard of the ION Diigtal Drum Pad?

The manual says it compatible w the Alesis SR16 and the power supply actually says Alesis on it:

I wonder if they are actually owned by Alesis.......

YES. They are the same company. Ion products are Alesis's line of DJ equipment. See the evidence below.

Alesis Corporate Headquarters

200 Scenic View Drive

Cumberland, RI 02864 USA

Telephone: 1 (401) 658-5760

Fax: 1 (401) 658-3640

ION USA - WORLD HEADQUARTERS

200 Scenic View Drive

Cumberland, RI 02864

Tel: 401.658.3743

Fax: 401.658.3640

• Members

I called a few places. Found a really useful rep who even went as far as to see if he could order one from Alesis. Couldn't get me the $499 price anywhere... According to him, there are non at any GCs left nationwide and ordering new from Alesis = 999

• Members

Midi, i sent it exactly a month ago + 3 or 4 days. Interestingly, just the day before, i had called alesis and asked them about the monitors and they said i was in their system and the monitors have already been shipped and i should prolly wait for a couple more weeks. The monitors arrived the very next day. :)

Archived