Fusion $500 at GC?

Diametro

• Members

...They probably didn't realize that.

So how useful do you find a pad controller for working with the Fusion? Do you use it just to play drums in real time, to program the sequencer, or for another use?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use it mainly to program drums but I also use it to trigger ARPS and samples. I think it's pretty cool for triggering the especially since you can change the ARPS to just about any way you like. I mean as far as stopping and starting the ARPS and then changing the feel.... Well, you'd just have to try it out since I can't seem to put into to words right now. But I find it to be very usefull. Even more so than using the keys to make beats. It's not a fancy unit, you know very basic, but it's good at its intended purpose. When I get my words right I'll try to be a little more specific on triggering the ARPS and samples.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi guys, i m in Costa Rica Central America and my Fusion have a big problem, when i turn on the fusion the display show this message "Media Init...ialize complete" and keep this screen forever. No sound, no controls, no Usb signal. Somebody knows what can i do. We don t have Alesis Support in CR, i bought my Fusion in USA.

• Members

Tanks Midi, but i don t have any compact flash in my unit, but if this problem appears when the fusion are pluged to an external device like a compact flash may be have a conflict whit the USB or the media slot, let me try to clean the ports, IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER PLEASE SHOW ME:

• Members

I guess it kind of turned out to be true ...

... no more Hollow Sun releases, it seems ... (though nobody could argue they didn't release enough good and great stuff 'cause they did ...)

... seems like the OS updates are just about finished (again ... though ... the board already seems to be in a place between good and great depending on what you want to do with it ) ...

... Fusion "community" seems in tatters or scattered ... forums are very quiet ... and frankly, you just don't hear much about this board ...

... doubt there will be a Fusion II -- or maybe even any new hardware synth from Alesis ...

... I know I don't use mine much ... EXCEPT as a mixer with keys! (Which IS pretty cool, IMO ... and much quieter than the mixer I was using ) ... or I noodle on it when the Fantom's doing something time intensive ...

it's usually the last synth I go to when recording ... and yet ... I doubt I'll ever get rid of it ... I just don't think I've spent enough time with it ...

• Members

No ... I paid $750 for mine (with no promos) and it was a floor model ... and have no regrets. A year later, no signs of stress whatsoever.

There's A LOT to like about that synth. And unlike many boards that flounce about here, IT IS a REAL SYNTH(s).

It's basic problem is that the workstation part doesn't really work, like say, my X7 does ... which leaves you unknobby synths.

However, it has lots of great sounds available for it ... and some people report its fine to program ... the menu layout seems very straightforward.

The sequencer is basic and the audio tracks have some severe limitations ... but they do allow the basic playback of .wav files from it's hard drive storage.

Good luck!

• Members

Cool. The more I research what is out there for the money...the Fusion seems like the most bang for the buck. I haven't had a chance to actually try one yet. I've got a QS7 now (I bought new for $1100 in 97) and have loved it from the beginning. I mostly play live and need something that can load sequences and patches faster than the Yamaha my guitarist provides for that feat.

I'd also like to check out the Kurzwiels but if I liked one I'd have to spend about 7 more months saving for it! Not to mention no internal digital recording ability....

• Members

Nothing is perfect, where s the deal ? I paid $999.99 for my Fusion last year in GC. In my country the taxes for musical instruments are expensives and you must paid $2750.00 for the Fusion 6 and $3000.00 or the Fusion 8. i don t know why because since the internet appears the prices around the world are the same plus shipping. We have an Alesis dealer in Costa Ricabut they don t bring support. ?????

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Apparently, a European music store is selling a Klaus Schulze edition of the Fusion ... There's a video, too, but the demo guy was playing mostly presets, from what I could tell ... I couldn't really make out what the 'new' stuff was ...

• Members

I personally really like the way the Fusion looks. It's really grown on me with time.

And it's not CHEAP at all in person.

My dislikes, though, are the shortcomings in the audio recorder section, and I'm not crazy about the way the Fusion manages splits and whatnot ... the buttons seem awkward and there's too much up and down in the menus ...

I really want to replace the Fusion with another workstation (so I can start a "second studio" ... not necessarily because I hate it; quite the contrary)

... but right now, nothing's inspiring me workstationwise to purchase ... I wouldn't even consider an OASYS because I'll never buy another workstation with only 16 MIDI tracks ... If that's as far as the big three are going trackwise, I guess I'm done with hardware workstations ...

• 2 months later...

Archived