Fusion $500 at GC?

Diametro

• Members

Has anyone changed the sytstem setting to allow less polyphony but faster loading times? I tired it but didnt notice a big difference, still seems like it takes forever to load mixes that use that Holy Cow piano thing!

;):freak::eek:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have some missing links in a couple of the HS banks I loaded, I guess it's because I got in a hurry and loaded a bunch of banks and verified them in one shot.

How far back do I have to uninstall them - just until I remove everything with a problem?

• Members

Originally posted by keyman_sam v2.0

The SPDIF sends out 2 channels - the main outs.

The ADAT optical sends out 8 channels - 4 ins and aux outs. Its in the manual.

I think for these advanced options, I definitely need to consult the manual. So far editing and using all the functions of the Fusion has been easy without the manual.

Thanks!

• Members
Originally posted by keyman_sam v2.0

Not a problem. I should be reading the manual too.
:D

Unless you're looking for a functional description of a particular parameter, the refrence manual can be fairly useless because of its encyclopedia-style layout.

Remember that Alesis put out all these easier-to-digest manuals too:

http://www.alesis.com/index.php?id=56,87,0,0,1,0

They range from very good to excellent!

• Members
Originally posted by carbon111

Unless you're looking for a functional description of a particular parameter, the refrence manual can be fairly useless because of its encyclopedia-style layout.

Remember that Alesis put out all these easier-to-digest manuals too:

http://www.alesis.com/index.php?id=56,87,0,0,1,0

They range from very good to excellent!

Wow! I didnt know that. Thanks a ton Carbon! :love:

• Members

It's not discontinued (officially). (Other places continue to sell it, and as others have mentioned, Guitar Center will still order you one.)

However, I think a v2 of the OS and a generous soundset release would do wonders to dispell that perception.

• Members

I spent more than three hours tonight messing around with the VA and FM sound engines of the Fusion as well as the modulation routings. These synthesis engines alone are worth the money I paid for it.

I don't know if anyone knew but there is a patchable modular synth lurking in that sleek silver body. Some of the patches I've been able to dial in are truly breathtaking and amazing. This is Cianni on the Buchla folks! That's the type of sounds you can do on it. And the results are truly analog, modular sounding...not digital modular sounding like the Nord Modular synths.

I think the Hollow Sounds are good, but almost all of those sounds are sampled...right now I am just floored by the modular type sounds you can do on the Fusion using the synthesis engines alone. I'll eventually try out those sampled sounds...but I'm just not enamored by your typical rompler type sounds which means electric pianos, organs, sampled instruments, etc, etc...

Alesis should be commended on a job well done on the Fusion...come to think of it, the last few synths Alesis have released have been cutting edge. Let's see, the Andromeda, the Ion, the Micron and now the Fusion...

Very nice. :)

• Members

Exactly.

Find me a VA that sounds as good as the Fusion.
Does it have extensive FM?
Does it have Mellotron samples?
Does it have marimba and vibes samples?
How about a usable piano patch if you're in a pinch?

This board is really getting along with my Electro. :thu:

• Members
It's worth noting that none of the new products demoed at NAMM this year manage to come near the Fusion's features, at any price.
:thu:

Since I've decided to get a weighted keyboard, I may be back in the Fusion Club pretty soon.

No doubt the Fusion is still the value/features leader ... though it will be interesting to see where Korg prices the M3 ... esp. just the module ...

Yeah, as much as I'd like an M3 for its Karma feature and Korgocity, none of the new workstation really blows away the current competition ...

I for one was particularly disapointed by the lack of audio tracks in the M3 ...

Guest Anonymous

No doubt the Fusion is still the value/features leader ... though it will be interesting to see where Korg prices the M3 ... esp. just the module ...

Yeah, as much as I'd like an M3 for its Karma feature and Korgocity, none of the new workstation really blows away the current competition ...

I for one was particularly disapointed by the lack of audio tracks in the M3 ...

Hey! You still have the fusion? How you doing? Whats up?

Archived