Fusion $500 at GC?

Diametro

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, I can get a used Fusion for $400. Worth it, or not?

What do you need it for?

What else do you think you could find for $400 that would come as close?

Not to mention ... You could probably turn right around and sell it for $600 or more.

• Members

What do you need it for?

What else do you think you could find for $400 that would come as close?

Not to mention ... You could probably turn right around and sell it for $600 or more.

Honestly it will probably just get in the way of my current workflow.

What can I find with the same features in that price range? Absolutely nothing.

I was thinking the same thing though... just flip the thing and make a quick buck.

Hmmm... I will go check it out tomorrow and see what's up. Any pursuasive arguments why I should pick this thing up?

• Members

Ok, I can get a used Fusion for $400. Worth it, or not?

There's no reason asking a question you already know the answer of when you say "Honestly it will probably just get in the way of my current workflow."

Aka, you are satisfied with your flow and don't have GAS or need anything to compliment. Search over, Your finished! So I wish you good karma ~.~.~.~.~

• Members

There's no reason asking a question you already know the answer of when you say "Honestly it will probably just get in the way of my current workflow."

Aka, you are satisfied with your flow and don't have GAS or need anything to compliment. Search over, Your finished! So I wish you
good karma ~.~.~.~.~

No need to be harsh there tough guy. Simply sparking a small conversation.

• Members

I just went to GC to ask them if I could order a Fusion for $499 and he kind of hesitated to answer. Then the first thing he asked me was where did I hear that. I told him I was told by some friends and he said the 6HD is $999 and that they only dropped the price because there might have been some with faulty HDs.

Anyone know what the 'magic words' are to get them to order me one for $499? When was the last time someone bought it for $499 here?

• Members

I've been by Guitar Center numerous times and now they know me by name. So that was how I got the Fusion for $499. The guys there did not ask me to show proof regarding the price match, just that I saw it being sold at another GC for $499. The guys there might not know the newest synths at NAMM or what the heck a Jupiter is, but who cares, you should really do your research first and just go there to purchase.

I haven't had the same price matches with Sam Ash right next door to Guitar Center, but then they have been pretty decent also.

You can still call GC in Richmond and mention that they used to sell the Fusion for $499 and try to get it for that price.

• Members
Funny how that works...when the Fusion was $1500 there was moderate interest. Then it fell to $1000 and there was way more interest. At $500 the crowd goes wild
:thu:

And people wonder why manufacturers discontinue "popular" instruments
:rolleyes:

Uhh, I think the reaction is more to the price. In other words, the Fusion was slightly appealing at $1500, much more reasonably priced at $1000, and a bargin at $500.

It has nothing to do with whether or not the manufacturers are discontinueing the model or not.

I think you'd have the exact same reaction if the price dropped so dramatically and the manufacturer continued the model.

• Members

I think i am the only one who passed this deal for $499. (i almost got one, but backed off because i didnt want to pay additional $$ for tax) (Damn i am so used to shopping online :D)

Call Guitar Center located in Rockville, MD. They still have two left.

I never understood people who have utter excitement over collecting garbage :D

good luck :wave:

• Members

The Fusion IS NOT garbage.

For some people, I'm sure it's worth it just as a well-made FM synth with sequencer (and one or two other things).

I'm not saying it's the be-all-end-all, but I would have loved for this to have been my first or even second synth.

Loaded with possibilities. But the Fusion doesn't necesarily fit in with my workflow right now.

However, if my electronic video cabaret gets more elaborate, I could definately see the Fantom getting augmented with the Fusion's 32 MIDI tracks.

(At first, the show used my whole rig. Big mistake. Now, after some time and re-working, it's been distilled and beefed up into my Fantom only. But I must admit, I'd love to go back to a multi-keyboard live setup if the circumstances truly warrranted it.)

And then there's the M3.

• Members

It may be made by a garbage company, but the product itself is a gem.

Man I feel bad for Alesis. They started to make some really really cool stuff including this. But after the Numark tack over, they are seen as a lack luster company.

• Members

Man I feel bad for Alesis. They started to make some really really cool stuff including this. But after the Numark tack over, they are seen as a lack luster company.

The Fusion and the A6 are the two of (if not THE two) most ambitious/significant synthesizer product concepts in recent history.

The problem lies squarely with Numark/Alesis the company. They simply lack the ability to execute these complex ideas successfully.

• Members

Dunno I guess some people got lucky with the Fusion and some not so lucky. Even the GC rep was complaining how buggy these units were. Most of the workstations that were sold got returned within the 30 day period.

The concept indeed is great. I hope the latest OS update is stable.

Oh well...i will wait on the next generation Fusion.

• Members

The Fusion is NOT garbage.

It may be made by a garbage company, but the product itself is a gem.

Alesis has been hit or miss for me. Some of their stuff has served me well, and some questionable and a few lemons in there too. I have never had a problem with anything by Korg, Yamaha or Roland, and thats gotta be 30 pieces of gear over the last 20 years.

• Members

My $499 Fusion is due to arrive today. And for the record, this is my second...the first one had no problems at all. I DID spend a lot of time upgrading, at that time every other week, it seemed. At both my small independant dealer here in town (he's sold 8 or so of them) AND at the nearest G.C., they've yet to have a single Fusion returned. I have had probs with other synths in the past (I've owned a bunch...I have chronic, uncontrollable G.A.S.), including a Triton Extreme and a JP-8080. I still love and cherish both of those boards, which required repair for one and replacement for the other. I'm just trying to say that ALL manufacturers are prone to build a lemon once in a while, and while I totally agree Alesis fumbled the ball on the Fusion with it's early release, they still have built a viable, forward-thinking synth. As always, JMHO.

Peace!
- StevieD
- www.jammsammich.com

Archived