Fusion $500 at GC?

Diametro

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, and one more tip :

After you receive your monitors, be careful how you open the package. There's no "hold" per se, so you can grab em and lift them out of the box. Grab them by the sides that are flat, so that you dont touch the volume knobs or anything. Most of you already knew this, but i had to be extra careful.

• Members

I called a few places. Found a really useful rep who even went as far as to see if he could order one from Alesis. Couldn't get me the $499 price anywhere... According to him, there are non at any GCs left nationwide and ordering new from Alesis = 999

Sorry to hear that ... I guess I was wrong.

If you're really interested, I'd keep an eye for develoments ... It's possible there will be another blowout in the future.

• Members

Guess I spoke too soon -- you were right. It just takes a little persistence. I went into GC today to play the Yamaha MM6. Just for kicks, I asked the guy at the desk about the Fusion. He called a couple of stores that showed them in stock elsewhere in the country... There's one getting shipped to my house, still with the protective film over the LCD, but not new in box, for $499 + tax.

SWEET! I love this board. Would have bought a synth with a third of the features for the same money without this thread. THANKS!

Wonder if I can talk alesis into sending me free monitors too? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I sold my Fusion for $750.00 on ebay. Just giving you all an update. I got my free monitors about two weeks ago and they sound great.

So basically you were paid $250 and a pair of studio monitors in exchange for taking a Fusion and selling it on eBay. I'd say the score is now you 7, world 0.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just thought I would let everyone know the Fusion deal IS still to be had. I just ordered a 6HD last Thursday at my local GC for $499 + Tax. He actually called Alesis to order it for me and he said they should have it in 2-3 weeks. This was such a good deal I had to spring for it myself and I am a softsynth/DAW user after selling off all my hardware (tritons, rolands, etc.) years ago. If you are even remotely thinking about this get your ass to your local GC's now!!!! :D:eek:

• Members

Just thought I would let everyone know the Fusion deal IS still to be had. I just ordered a 6HD last Thursday at my local GC for $499 + Tax. He actually called Alesis to order it for me and he said they should have it in 2-3 weeks.

That is very surprising. I can understand GC getting rid of existing floor inventory for a deeply discounted price, but if they are actually ordering new units from Alesis and selling them for $499, GC can't be making any profit on them (unless, of course, Alesis is taking a beating on them and selling them to GC at or near cost).

Also, Internet retailers (including GC online and MF, both owned by GC, Inc.) still list the Fusion 6HD for $999:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_alesis_fusion_6hd_61note_keyboard_workstation?full_sku=103145553

• Members

I'm thinking of getting a Fusion right now, just so I can try it out to the fullest. This deal is just too crazy.

I completely and totally don't understand how they can sell them for that cheap. That is, if they're going to stay afloat.

• Members

Anyone care to go over how good the sampling is? Forgot the Fusion has a USB port, meaning it would be super easy to transfer samples to and from the computer. Also wondering what kind of twisting samples can be done with synth parameters, effects, etc.?

• Members

Hey mate_stubb,

Even though I am getting my fusion in a few weeks, I am impatient... would you mind uploading an mp3 with some clips of these presets? I am anxious to hear them as there is so much "controversy" surrounding them.

• Members

These days, my Fusion gets its use mostly as a mixer for my other two synths (much cleaner singnal than my Yamaha MG12/4) and player of primarily one patch: Warm E. Piano (very, very nice to my ears, esp. through the Analog Chorus effect).

• Members

I ordered a Fusion today from my nearest GC for $499 plus tax. They checked other stores first, then ordered from Alesis. Said one to two weeks delivery...

This will be my second Fusion...bought one when they came out:eek: (early adopter!), traded it for a Fantom Xa. For $499, I had to do it. Thanks for the tip!

- StevieD

- www.jammsammich.com

• Members

I didnt know the GC price came back to 500 again...

What's going on?

Do most GCs have them in stock? I am assuming you HAVE TO order one?

The MAP for the Fusion 6HD appears to be $999, including GC.com and Musician's Friend, both owned by Guitar Center. The $500 blowout price was intended to sell off all GC store floor units and in-store inventory.

By now, most GC stores should not have any Fusions remaining. However, and this is the weird part, it appears SOME GC stores are willing to order one for you at the same $499 price.

Archived