Fusion $500 at GC?

Diametro

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is some automapping of samples, but I'm such a nit that I do everything by hand anyway so I can't really assess that capability. I think for certain pre-made multisamples that you want to import, you will run into mapping problems that need to be rectified by hand but from what I understand this is true only for a few formats.

I don't know what you're looking for in terms of "interesting sampling features", you should ask more specific questions about this, but for the moment let me say that on top of the synthesis engine's capabilities (which are applied fully to samples), there are a lot of things you can do directly to samples, not to mention effects and mixes and such.

I think it'd be awesome just to laod a sample and press a button to automap the whole sample out to play. I could do that on my old VP9000. And for recording voices and mapping, then playing chords with it was so much fun.

So the Synthesis engine with all 8 Envelopes, 8 LFOs, all Filter types, etc.. can be used to change the samples?

Has anyone compared the Fusion to the Triton? The new Korg M3M seems geared towards the Electronic crowd a bit. So I kind of like the fact it has a lot of electronic styled things going for it and that it has a bunch of traditional sounds to use. I'm planning on getting a Korg M3M, but kind of want to try out the Fusion. Does the UI take some time to get used to?

I don't really want to get 2 workstations because then that just takes time away from the other. And focus and workflow is the key.

• Members

I have had my Fusion for the last three months now and there are no problems to speak of. It does what it is supposed to and I am loving the synthesis engines. The FM patches I have created do not sound typical FM either. I think it has a special sound to it and even though it is a rompler by some accounts (only if you don't program it and rely on the presets), to put it in the same league as a rompler is misrepresenting what the Fusion is - which is a flexible synthesizer with crazy modulation possibilites.

My hard drive has not failed. How many users on this forum have had Fusion hard drive issues. I want to know who you are? Also the keybed on the Fusion is the same as the one on the QS6.1. I can attest to that after having owned both these keys side by side. What is different is you have a few more keyboard scaling parameters on the Fusion, and if you are driving another synth, you need to set these parameters accordingly or it'll sound like you are bashing the keys.

To tell you the truth, I very seldom buy synths over $500. I keep it under this budget on all my purchases so the Fusion fell right into my buying "sweet spot" with the free monitors and all. I think anyone who hasn't brought home a Fusion and tried it out with the various synthesis engines, needs to do so. Somehow I feel I am playing a real analog at times, the sound mangling possiblities are major, and it has quite an organic sound to boot.

It's kept me busy for the last three months and that's with the VA, FM and PM synthesis engines alone. I haven't played much with the rompler side of it yet or the 8 track recorder, sequencer and whatever else.

• Members

i think the timing is the issue here...i've called many GCs now and none can get it for $499. I may have missed the window on that, which really sucks. I was looking forward to it alot.

If anyone knows where I can still get one for $499 please let me know :(

I need my first synth!!!

• Members
i think the timing is the issue here...i've called many GCs now and none can get it for $499. I may have missed the window on that, which really sucks. I was looking forward to it alot.

If anyone knows where I can still get one for $499 please let me know
:(

I need my first synth!!!

Try the Richmond, VA store. They special ordered one for me. If they try to order one for you, that price match might still be in the system so perhaps you can get it for that price.

• Members
Ok the GC in Richmond, VA says they have gone back up in price, best they can do is $799. Oh well. Too much for my budget of $500
:(

Now you just need to do the ONLY thing you can do:

Go fusion-bashing everywhere to make yourself feel better:D

This is a common technique for spurned gear-lust amongst many synth players:lol: :lol:

:cry:

Archived