boston mayor, "chill out" . . . aqua teen adds

hangwire

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Andre XXX is just being a troll... people that really do think and act in that way are what is wrong with America.

Like I mentioned in my first post, if it was a Budwiser sign or LED M&ms, there would be no issue here, which is why this saving face action on the Boston mayor's part is so stupid. Drop it quickly and let it go otherwise it is just going to make this look even worse.

• Members
I hope Andre XXX is just being a troll... people that really do think and act in that way are what is wrong with America.

Like I mentioned in my first post, if it was a Budwiser sign or LED M&ms, there would be no issue here, which is why this saving face action on the Boston mayor's part is so stupid. Drop it quickly and let it go otherwise it is just going to make this look even worse.

I did, in the end turn somewhat trollish...( my first attempt at such behaviour actually )

But perhaps we should agree to disagree amicably.;)

• Members

Maybe one of the modders here will begin a new series of pedals.

The IndyGuitarist Patriot Pedal series - 100% LED-free construction!

The Boston TeaS9 Party Overdrive - smooth, liquidy-brown sound distortion, in a blue box with absolutely NO LEDs to send your innocent bystanding fanbase into a panicked frenzy while you rock their ballz!

• Members

Maybe one of the modders here will begin a new series of pedals.

The IndyGuitarist Patriot Pedal series - 100% LED-free construction!

The Boston TeaS9 Party Overdrive - smooth, liquidy-brown sound distortion, in a blue box with absolutely NO LEDs to send your innocent bystanding fanbase into a panicked frenzy while you rock their ballz!

I think its a goldmine. :thu:

• Members

Summary:

Andre XXX: Hindsight is 20/20. Not investigating a tubular device with wires hanging out under a bridge abuttment would be negligent. The moron who put up these suspicious devices is responsible.

Everyone else: We get that it was right to look into them, we just think that once they were discovered to be harmless, they shouldn't have blown things out of proportion. However, if anyone should be paying for this, it shouldn't be the kid paid mimimum wages to put them up, it should be the people higher up.

Repeat ad infinitum.

• Members

Summary:

Andre XXX: Hindsight is 20/20. Not investigating a tubular device with wires hanging out under a bridge abuttment would be negligent. The moron who put up these suspicious devices is responsible.

Everyone else: We get that it was right to look into them, we just think that once they were discovered to be harmless, they shouldn't have blown things out of proportion. However, if anyone should be paying for this, it shouldn't be the kid paid mimimum wages to put them up, it should be the people higher up.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Pretty much that sums it up.....

• Members

I think the issue here is, this was advertising... if Turner or who ever would have just went down to city hall and said, hey, we need a permit to hang some ads around the city: what's it going to cost us?, like a normal company it could have been avoided...

Well, to make things more interesting, New England Cable News is apparently reporting that they did in fact secure legal permits to go forward with the campaign. Haven't seen this corroborated anywhere else yet, but if so I can think of a mayor and attorney general who really ought to lose their jobs.

• Members

You miss the point entirely. It wasn't the cops who caused the panic....it was the moron who put them up.

If you could step down off your high horse for a second, and get your head out of your god damn ass, that would be wonderful.

They dont look a THING like bombs, the kid isn't an idiot, he was doing his job. i don't see anything wrong with the adverts, nothing suspicious whatsoever.

just more propaganda to keep americans scared.

and seriously, stop saying the same thing EVERY {censored}ING POST. Hindsight is 20 20.

Archived