boston mayor, "chill out" . . . aqua teen adds

hangwire

• Members

By 3:30 PM in the Boston area the " local Govt" was reporting that the authorities had determined it was a hoax... So what is your point ??

The moron that illegaly put these stupid things up still bears responsilbilty. What if the poor slob from the bomb squad had fallen of his ladder or something and broken his neck pulling the stupid thing off of the bridge....

then the boston authorities would have probable cause to search and detain officers of the ladder factory?

...is that the answer you're looking for?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
By 3:30 PM in the Boston area the " local Govt" was reporting that the authorities had determined it was a hoax... So what is your point ??

The moron that illegaly put these stupid things up still bears responsilbilty. What if the poor slob from the bomb squad had fallen of his ladder or something and broken his neck pulling the stupid thing off of the bridge....

Couple of comments...

There's a big difference between determining that something is a "hoax" and determining that something is a "harmless object."

Any bomb technician clumsy enough to fall off a ladder and break his neck while "pulling" a suspected bomb off a bridge wouldn't be qualified to serve on a bomb squad in the first place. Think about it! :rolleyes:

• Members

Bomb squad investigation... smart, responsible.

Media-induced panic leading to overzealous security measures... an overreaction, a product of post-9/11 fears, especially in a city where lax security was a contributing factor.

Turner Broadcasting placing electronic ads on public structures without approval and clearance from the city... stupid, irresponsible, criminally negligent.

The guy who put up the signs... some poor schmuck making $12/hour.

• Members
uummm....no...
:freak:

you're going WAAAAAY out of your way to try and sympathize with unusually panicky people.

i mean, come on...a {censored}ing ladder accident?
is that the best you can come up with?

let's move on and appreciate this for what it is - a harmless ad campaign that accidentally flipped someone's ready-made paranoia into one of the highest profile marketing campaigns overnight.

if they convict these two guys for participating in a campaign from some ad agency, then America will once again be the butt of the world's jokes.

• Members

Yeah - I havn't seen any terrorist activity in the midwest....maybe because nothing of importance is there

sweet comeback!

rest assured, no one gives a {censored} about where you live, either.

Bali, one of the only countries in the world that can actually be looked down upon by Indonesians.

• Members

Reacting how they did wasnt wrong. Going after these guys after the fact because the city of boston made an ass of itself is what is wrong here.

Your contradicting yourself....your saying they acted appropriately.........but made asses of themselves while doing it ?? Which is it ??

• Members

sweet comeback!

rest assured, no one gives a {censored} about where you live, either.

Bali, one of the only countries in the world that can actually be looked down upon by Indonesians.

Ouch !! Touched a nerve...did I ? It was a joke...

Bali has the best weather in the world !!

• Members
Hey, any device should be approached with caution. I'm not saying the bomb squad did anything wrong, I'm saying that once they determined the device was harmless, there shouldn't be any more hysterical ranting and raving from local gov't officials about criminal charges. I mean, c'mon, if I'm in a hurry leaving a subway train and forget my cellphone behind, and some idiot comes along and sees this cellphone on the seat and calls the cops, should I be facing criminal charges for creating a panic?

As far as yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, I would equate this more to someone standing up and yelling "I am a golden god" in a theater... terrorists conceal bombs, they don't put big blinking lights on them. (Of course, that may now change.)

edit: heh, heh. a bunch of people beat me to it since my post was so long. glad to see there is still intelligent life on earth.
:)

I think the issue here is, this was advertising... if Turner or who ever would have just went down to city hall and said, hey, we need a permit to hang some ads around the city: what's it going to cost us?, like a normal company it could have been avoided...

• Members

Your contradicting yourself....your saying they acted appropriately.........but made asses of themselves while doing it ?? Which is it ??

I'm saying that they responded appropriately to the situation. But are now trying to save face after the embarassment of responding to a cartoon. Get what I'm saying. The best thing to do would be come out and say we did what we had to but there was no threat sorry for the inconvenience. Not go on a witch hunt to save face.

Archived