boston mayor, "chill out" . . . aqua teen adds

hangwire

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you there.....but the cops and bomb sqaud did the right thing IMHO, with the info they had at the time. They can't assume anthing in those type of situations..........the media has blown it out of proportion for sure

I can agree that the inital investigation of the object is fine.

But the handling of the situation afterwards, the hype, and the police letting the hype get out of control, is on them. Their job is to preserve the peace. The buck stops there.

So the other cities did a better job of preserving the peace. Nothing got out of control.

Sometimes Authority screws up. And they need to take responsibility for that. Not just hang some kid.

• Members

Bad anaolgy

C'mon man - we're talking about an object taped under a bridge....with a black tubular object on the bottom of it and wires sticking out. The bomb squad handled it by the book...

Uh oh. Better call the bomb squad. Alert the media.

overpass1yl9.jpg

• Members

the cops wouldn't know that.

But the bomb squad would investigate if they're worth their salt. And they are, and they did.

It's the local gov't and the media that blew it waaaaay out, and turned it into the cluster{censored} we now see.

I'm not saying not to investigate obviously suspicious looking devices. Most people don't know about ATHF and would look at a metal plate with LEDs and wires as "potentially explosive." The bomb squad acted accordingly.

What isn't right is that instead of admitting that they were looking into potentially dangerous items (that had been there for a few weeks) that turned out to be false alarms, they want to draw and quarter the kid that was contracted to do this, that didn't plan it, that didn't create the "devices."

By 3:30 PM in the Boston area the " local Govt" was reporting that the authorities had determined it was a hoax... So what is your point ??

The moron that illegaly put these stupid things up still bears responsilbilty. What if the poor slob from the bomb squad had fallen of his ladder or something and broken his neck pulling the stupid thing off of the bridge....

• Members

But in this time of heightened awareness to terrorism ( in the city that the hijackers on 911 flew out of )....you cant be placing mysterious electronic devices on bridge abuttments, I'm sorry. It's plain irresponsible.

Then maybe TBN should be fined.

• Members

And therein lies the rub. The slippery slope... unlawful search and seizure becomes a thing of the past, freedom of speech disappears, and the right to a fair and speedy trial by a jury of one's peers takes a back seat to the interests of "national security."

A1 {censored}ing right there, buddy!!! :thu:

• Members

so what they should have done is go look at them, find out they're harmless advertising, announced that fact so people knew and THAT'S IT! no media craze, no ridiculous charges pressed

i hope people in boston start taping 'mysterious' led boards all over the place in protest. god :rolleyes:

• Members
so what they should have done is go look at them, find out they're harmless advertising, announced that fact so people knew and THAT'S IT! no media craze, no ridiculous charges pressed

i hope people in boston start taping 'mysterious' led boards all over the place in protest. god
:rolleyes:

That's what they did. By 3:30 PM they realized it was a hoax....and announced it.

But that doesn't absolve the idiot that illegaly put these up does it ??

• Members

C'mon wilbo - I know your smarter than this. I know you understand were I'm coming from, and understand my point.

Buit I appreciate you keeping it light
;)

I know. Its just the unbelievable overreaction by the media and the officials that pisses me off. Keep it quiet, send in the bomb squad, check it out, done. Within a minute of taking a close look at one of these things its pretty damn clear its not a bomb. And again...common sense. Brightly lit, in plain view, for over TWO WEEKS before this happened. The only thing outrageous is how it was handled.

• Members

That's what they did. By 3:30 PM they realized it was a hoax....and announced it.

Are we sure it was illegal? We need to wait until we know more about the ad campaign before it was handled. And then...ultimately its Ted Turner's peeps that should be held responsible for an ill conceived viral marketing plan...although if I had seen one of these things I would have thought it was pure awesomeness...but they didn't think of people that have never seen the show. The dudes that hung them up should be let off the hook.

• Members
Well, they've now arrested a guy who was paid to install the signs. Bravo, masshats. Nine other cities managed to ignore the non-bomb-looking-non-bombs, but
you
were the
victims of a hoax

"Last night, police arrested Peter Berdovsky of Arlington, an artist who told the Globe earlier in the day that he installed the signs for an ad firm hired by TBS. Berdovsky, who described himself as

• Members

Yes, it does.

A fine for TBN for vandalism or flyering, tops.

And the Police chief on the news, saying things got out of hand, but this kind of thing is a bad idea now a days, with terrorism being a concern, ect.

The end.

• Members

I know. Its just the unbelievable overreaction by the media and the officials that pisses me off. Keep it quiet, send in the bomb squad, check it out, done. Within a minute of taking a close look at one of these things its pretty damn clear its not a bomb. And again...common sense. Brightly lit, in plain view, for over TWO WEEKS before this happened. The only thing outrageous is how it was handled.

But the cops didn't know how long they had been there....and in these situations a bomb squad has to assume it could be a bomb. Their job is to protect the public and themselves.

Hindsight is 20 20 - but the guys encountering those for the first time had no idea what they were dealing with and their main priority was public safety.

• Members

But the cops didn't know how long they had been there....and in these situations a bomb squad has to assume it could be a bomb. Their job is to protect the public and themselves.

Hindsight is 20 20 - but the guys encountering those for the first time had no idea what they were dealing with and their main priority was public safety.

Agreed. I don't see how causing a massive panic has anything to do with public safety. :thu:

Archived