boston mayor, "chill out" . . . aqua teen adds

hangwire

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's irresponsible and stupid is is shutting down TWO BRIDGES and the CHARLES {censored}ING RIVER (Andre XXX, where are you getting your info?) and throwing street teams in jail because you went off half-cocked.

I don't blame the PD for erring on the side of caution, but come the {censored} on.

Fortunately, the judge hearing the case seems to get it.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/01/boston.bombscare/index.html

Assistant Attorney General John Grossman called the light boards "bomblike" devices and said that if they had been explosive they could have damaged infrastructure and transportation in the city.

Judge Paul K. Leary told Grossman that, according to law, the suspects must intend to create a panic to be charged with placing hoax devices, according to The Boston Globe.

It appears the suspects had no such intent, the judge said, but the question should be discussed in a later hearing.

Dear Assistant Attorney General John Grossman, who is only doing the job his boss has demanded of him because his boss demanded it and so on as {censored} runs downhill and is probably terribly embarrassed by the argument he's having to make in public: If the queen had balls, she'd be king.

• Members
I was thinking the same thing, i mean sometimes when i fly i have effects pedals in my carry on...

"It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."

{censored}, guess if i don't want to get anal probed by security i better stop that right now. Plus i heard that they have iBOMBS they are metal objects about the size of a wallet, with an internal battery, and wires that go to the terrorists' ears...for, you know, mind controlled detonation.

Bost'pwned

If you were on the bomb sqaud and encountered a suspicious looking electronic device attached to the bottom of a bridge, with a black tubular object on the bottom with wires sticking out of it what would you have done ?? Walked away ??

With all due respect................I hope to christ you don't work on a bomb sqaud :freak:

• Members

What's irresponsible and stupid is is shutting down TWO BRIDGES and the CHARLES {censored}ING RIVER (Andre XXX, where are you getting your info?) and throwing street teams in jail because you went off half-cocked.

I don't blame the PD for erring on the side of caution, but come the {censored} on.

Fortunately, the judge hearing the case seems to get it.

Assistant Attorney General John Grossman called the light boards "bomblike" devices and said that if they had been explosive they could have damaged infrastructure and transportation in the city.

Judge Paul K. Leary told Grossman that, according to law, the suspects must intend to create a panic to be charged with placing hoax devices, according to The Boston Globe.

It appears the suspects had no such intent, the judge said, but the question should be discussed in a later hearing.

Dear Assistant Attorney General John Grossman, who is only doing the job his boss has demanded of him because his boss demanded it and so on as {censored} runs downhill and is probably terribly embarrassed by the argument he's having to make in public: If the queen had balls, she'd be king.

I work in downtown boston...........I lived what was going on...

• Members

Well if one was taped to the underside of a bridge with wires sticking out of it.....

I would hope the authorities would investigate it...no ??

What about a pair of shoes hanging from an overpass or near a building? I see that all the time. No cops give a {censored}. But they COULD have bombs in them.

There are also some rumors that they got permits for this ad campaign before hand...just rumors though...but that would make this even more unbelievably ridiculous.

• Members

Again, people on the bomb squad can't assume anything when they encounter something like this, especially attached to a bridge abuttment ! They would be negligent if they did.

And i repeat you cant yell fire in a crowded theatre for no reason.

That's basically what this idiot did.

No, he didn't yell fire in a theater.

Yelling fire is actually a signal of a threat, a purposeful declaration of a threat. With an intention to create chaos.

This guy put up an ad, which he was paid to do by a large company (and if anyone has any answering to do, it is them). It's intention was to advertise a TV show.

The fact that many other cities were capable of observing the same object and not have it spin into chaos is a clear indication that Boston Police and Media screwed up. Every one else got it right.

It was in fact a harmless object.

And once it was determined that there was no danger from the device, the police and media created the panic by allowing it to spin out of proportion.

• Members

Andre XXX, no one's saying you don't investigate; let it go. Those things wouldn't have fooled a bomb-sniffing dog.

Hind site is always 20 20 isn't it ??

The bomb squad handled this by the book. They encountered mysterious electronic devices and proceeded accordingly. Anything less would have been negligent.

• Members

Well if one was taped to the underside of a bridge with wires sticking out of it.....

I would hope the authorities would investigate it...no ??

Actually, anybody with a briefcase (or any type of bag for that matter) could be a suicide bomber. Only homeland security can save us now.

"The innocent shall suffer, big time".

• Members
If you were on the bomb sqaud and encountered a suspicious looking electronic device attached to the bottom of a bridge, with a black tubular object on the bottom with wires sticking out of it what would you have done ?? Walked away ??

With all due respect................I hope to christ you don't work on a bomb sqaud
:freak:

no, but i have made quite a few bombs before (most just house hold cleaning products, fertalizers, sugar, ect.) but if i was going to, i sure as hell wouldn't cover it with LED's so everybody could see it, and then give it a 3 week timing mechanism.

:freak:

• Members

bear in mind that the "objects" had been up for a few weeks.

and also in other towns.

and the "moron" was a paid contractor hired by Turner Broadcasting to do an advertising campaign.

and the police and local government were the ones that blew it out of proportion.

:thu:

• Members

No, he didn't yell fire in a theater.

Yelling fire is actually a signal of a threat, a purposeful declaration of a threat. With an intention to create chaos.

This guy put up an ad, which he was paid to do by a large company (and if anyone has any answering to do, it is them). It's intention was to advertise a TV show.

The fact that many other cities were capable of observing the same object and not have it spin into chaos is a clear indication that Boston Police and Media screwed up. Every one else got it right.

It was in fact a harmless object.

And once it was determined that there was no danger from the device, the police and media created the panic by allowing it to spin out of proportion.

Yes he did yell fire in a public theatre. He put the objects up illegaly, defacing public property. They looked suspicious. Cops encountering them acted accordingly.

Turner, the responsible company ( or should i say irresposible )...casued the panic.

Why don't they hire a billboard ??

What they did in other cities doesn't matter. Maybe they were to zombified to notice them. It doesn't matter.

• Members

Actually, anybody with a briefcase (or any type of bag for that matter) could be a suicide bomber. Only homeland security can save us now.

"The innocent shall suffer, big time".

And therein lies the rub. The slippery slope... unlawful search and seizure becomes a thing of the past, freedom of speech disappears, and the right to a fair and speedy trial by a jury of one's peers takes a back seat to the interests of "national security."

• Members
:thu:

Doesn't matter - how would the cops have known that ?? And what right does Turner Broadcasting have to deface public property. Why don't they rent a {censored}ing billboard ??

And he was a moron to put a suspicious looking electronic device on a bridge abuttment. I'm sorry....that's just irresponsible and stupid.

• Members

I work in downtown boston... I lived what was going on...

Hind site is always 20 20 isn't it ??

The bomb squad handled this by the book. They encountered mysterious electronic devices and proceeded accordingly. Anything less would have been negligent.

Do you even read? I said I agree that reports of suspicious devices need to be investigated. I just support not shutting down the city first. And I support not calling this a hoax and waving the 9/11 flag while jailing innocent people just because you got embarrassed.

Suggesting that defacing public property = shouting fire in a crowded thater is preposterous.

• Members

The trains and buses were not shut down. The city was not shut down.

Just a part of one street ( the one on the bridge )......the media is making a bigger deal of it then it was.

Then the media are the ones who are yelling fire in a crowded theater.

No surprise, they are paid to yell fire in a crowded theater.

• Members

And therein lies the rub. The slippery slope... unlawful search and seizure becomes a thing of the past, freedom of speech disappears, and the right to a fair and speedy trial by a jury of one's peers takes a back seat to the interests of "national security."

Look man - I consider myself a libertarian - goverment out of my wallet and my bedroom and all that.

But in this time of heightened awareness to terrorism ( in the city that the hijackers on 911 flew out of )....you cant be placing mysterious electronic devices on bridge abuttments, I'm sorry. It's plain irresponsible.

• Members

Then the media are the ones who are yelling fire in a crowded theater.

No surprise, they are paid to yell fire in a crowded theater.

I agree with you there.....but the cops and bomb sqaud did the right thing IMHO, with the info they had at the time. They can't assume anthing in those type of situations..........the media has blown it out of proportion for sure

• Members

It appears the suspects had no such intent, the judge said.

• Members

Doesn't matter - how would the cops have known that ?? And what right does Turner Broadcasting have to deface public property. Why don't they rent a {censored}ing billboard ??

And he was a moron to put a suspicious looking electronic device on a bridge abuttment. I'm sorry....that's just irresponsible and stupid.

the cops wouldn't know that.

But the bomb squad would investigate if they're worth their salt. And they are, and they did.

It's the local gov't and the media that blew it waaaaay out, and turned it into the cluster{censored} we now see.

I'm not saying not to investigate obviously suspicious looking devices. Most people don't know about ATHF and would look at a metal plate with LEDs and wires as "potentially explosive." The bomb squad acted accordingly.

What isn't right is that instead of admitting that they were looking into potentially dangerous items (that had been there for a few weeks) that turned out to be false alarms, they want to draw and quarter the kid that was contracted to do this, that didn't plan it, that didn't create the "devices."

Archived