boston mayor, "chill out" . . . aqua teen adds

hangwire

• Members

Whan a cop gets a call that a mysterious electronic device is taped to the bottom of a bridge they put their lives onthe line to check it out ( while your at home pulling your dick
:wave:
) ...

if they get there and see some weird light bright with a tubular object taped to the bottom of it covered in black electrical tape with wires sticking out of it...they have to assume it could be a bomb or similar device. Please step back, take a breath and think about it logically for a minute. What the {censored} else should they have done ?? Put their life possibly on the line ?? Hind site is 20 20. We now know some moron put it up as a marketing campaign.

The cop or guy on the bomb squad trying to protect stupid {censored}s like you and me didn't have that knowledge when they first encountered the suspicious device....

Get it ???

Any response less then the one given would have been negligent.

OK, so they approached the device with caution, good call. But once the device was discovered to be completely harmless, they could have said so.

But seriously, arresting the kid and wanting to jail him for 5 years?

That is bull{censored}, right there.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whan a cop gets a call that a mysterious electronic device is taped to the bottom of a bridge they put their lives onthe line to check it out ( while your at home pulling your dick
:wave:
) ...

if they get there and see some weird light bright with a tubular object taped to the bottom of it covered in black electrical tape with wires sticking out of it...they have to assume it could be a bomb or similar device. Please step back, take a breath and think about it logically for a minute. What the {censored} else should they have done ?? Put their life possibly on the line ?? Hind site is 20 20. We now know some moron put it up as a marketing campaign.

The cop or guy on the bomb squad trying to protect stupid {censored}s like you and me didn't have that knowledge when they first encountered the suspicious device....

Get it ???

Any response less then the one given would have been negligent.

So why weren't cops 'putting their life on the line' in all the other major cities where these objects had been in place for weeks???

And sorry...this doesn't look like a 'mysterious device' to me. It looks like a lite up cartoon character from a popular show:

captny20402010027suspicqb5.jpg

• Members

The battle is for control of our minds. It's a slippery slope...

Remember when the government was telling everyone to go out and buy plastic and duct tape? Remember when they used millions of dollars to fund ads stating that people who buy drugs provide the funding for terrorists instead of stating that people who drive humongous gas-guzzling SUVs provide the funding for terrorists?

This is so ridiculous... what's next, some kind of law banning any kind of flyer posting on walls because they could be concealing a hole in the wall that contains a bomb? :freak:

It would be so refreshing to have some official in Boston be brutally honest, come out and say, "You know what, we're human, we overreacted, no charges will be filed, and this is the end of the story."

• Members
So why weren't cops 'putting their life on the line' in all the other major cities where these objects had been in place for weeks???

And sorry...this doesn't look like a 'mysterious device' to me. It looks like a lite up cartoon character from a popular show:

captny20402010027suspicqb5.jpg

Wilbo - look at the 3rd picture down in your post original post. The one with the batteries in black tape. That looks very suspicious.

I don't know why the cities didn't notice it - it doesn't matter. The point is when the bomb squad gets a call about a suspicious object attached to a bridge they have to investigate.

Anything less would have been a dereliction of duty...

• Members
The battle is for control of our minds. It's a slippery slope...

Remember when the government was telling everyone to go out and buy plastic and duct tape? Remember when they used millions of dollars to fund ads stating that people who buy drugs provide the funding for terrorists instead of stating that people who drive humongous gas-guzzling SUVs provide the funding for terrorists?

This is so ridiculous... what's next, some kind of law banning any kind of flyer posting on walls because they could be concealing a hole in the wall that contains a bomb?
:freak:

It would be so refreshing to have some official in Boston be brutally honest, come out and say, "You know what, we're human, we overreacted, no charges will be filed, and this is the end of the story."

Misses the point entirely.

It's against the law to yell " fire" in a crowded theatre, for no reason, for very good reason.

Thats what the moron who put these stupid things up basically did.

The bomb squad in Boston did exactley the right thing.

• Members

Wilbo - look at the 3rd picture down in your post original post. The one with the batteries in black tape. That looks very suspicious.

I don't know why the cities didn't notice it - it doesn't matter. The point is when the bomb squad gets a call about a suspicious object attached to a bridge they have to investigate.

Anything less would have been a dereliction of duty...

Yeah the one with the tape does look more suspicious...but even then as mentioned above upon closer inspection its clearly not a bomb...and there was no reason for such a panic. And arresting the dude that installed them is just bull{censored}.

• Members

This is why they're arresting that kid.

Because they can't do this.

IF ThE POLICE ARE WRONG, THE TERRORISTS HAVE ALREADY WON

• Members

It's against the law to yell " fire" in a crowded theatre, for no reason, for very good reason.

Well if that's the case then I would actually be afraid to live in Boston if it takes the authorities and bomb squad two weeks to notice suspicious looking lit up sings featuring a cartoon character giving the finger. :freak:

• Members

Yeah the one with the tape does look more suspicious...but even then as mentioned above upon closer inspection its clearly not a bomb...and there was no reason for such a panic. And arresting the dude that installed them is just bull{censored}.

Again, people on the bomb squad can't assume anything when they encounter something like this, especially attached to a bridge abuttment ! They would be negligent if they did.

And i repeat you cant yell fire in a crowded theatre for no reason.

That's basically what this idiot did.

• Members
Well if that's the case then I would actually be afraid to live in Boston if it takes the authorities and bomb squad two weeks to notice suspicious looking lit up sings featuring a cartoon character giving the finger.
:freak:

I'm sure someone noticed it and called the police about it....the cops probably didn't even realize they existed up to that point.

The cops handled this by the book once notified. Bravo to Boston.

• Members

Again, people on the bomb squad can't assume anything when they encounter something like this, especially attached to a bridge abuttment ! They would be negligent if they did.

In that case...we better call the bomb squad to go inspect every single pair of tennis shoes hanging from power lines. THEY COULD HAVE A BOMB IN THEM!!!!!

• Members

totally missing the point...

It's not the bomb squad. Those guys did what they were supposed to do, they encountered an unkown object, and reacted accordingly.

But once they found out that the object WAS HARMLESS, did they admit that they caused a panic for nothing? No.

They want to hang the kid.

All because they can't say "oops, sorry."

• Members

totally missing the point...

It's not the bomb squad. Those guys did what they were supposed to do, they encountered an unkown object, and reacted accordingly.

But once they found out that the object WAS HARMLESS, did they admit that they caused a panic for nothing? No.

They want to hang the kid.

All because they can't say "oops, sorry."

You miss the point entirely. It wasn't the cops who caused the panic....it was the moron who put them up.

• Members

Hey, any device should be approached with caution. I'm not saying the bomb squad did anything wrong, I'm saying that once they determined the device was harmless, there shouldn't be any more hysterical ranting and raving from local gov't officials about criminal charges. I mean, c'mon, if I'm in a hurry leaving a subway train and forget my cellphone behind, and some idiot comes along and sees this cellphone on the seat and calls the cops, should I be facing criminal charges for creating a panic?

As far as yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, I would equate this more to someone standing up and yelling "I am a golden god" in a theater... terrorists conceal bombs, they don't put big blinking lights on them. (Of course, that may now change.)

edit: heh, heh. a bunch of people beat me to it since my post was so long. glad to see there is still intelligent life on earth. :)

• Members
yeah i guess the trains and busses were shut down yesterday.

boston kind of sucks these days, thats why im moving to new hampshire.

:thu:

The trains and buses were not shut down. The city was not shut down.

Just a part of one street ( the one on the bridge )......the media is making a bigger deal of it then it was.

• Members

You miss the point entirely. It wasn't the cops who caused the panic....it was the moron who put them up.

bear in mind that the "objects" had been up for a few weeks.

and also in other towns.

and the "moron" was a paid contractor hired by Turner Broadcasting to do an advertising campaign.

and the police and local government were the ones that blew it out of proportion.

• Members

Well if one was taped to the underside of a bridge with wires sticking out of it.....

I would hope the authorities would investigate it...no ??

Dude it sounds like you need to chuck all the gear in your sig and start playing acoustic only!

• Members

bear in mind that the "objects" had been up for a few weeks.

and also in other towns.

and the "moron" was a paid contractor hired by Turner Broadcasting to do an advertising campaign.

and the police and local government were the ones that blew it out of proportion.

Doesn't matter - how would the cops have known that ?? And what right does Turner Broadcasting have to deface public property. Why don't they rent a {censored}ing billboard ??

And he was a moron to put a suspicious looking electronic device on a bridge abuttment. I'm sorry....that's just irresponsible and stupid.

• Members

Dude it sounds like you need to chuck all the gear in your sig and start playing acoustic only!

LOL !! That won't happen........

I just think hindsite is 20 20....and these cops had no idea what they were dealing with when they saw these stupid things.......and they did the right thing.

We would be screaming bloody murder if they had turmed out to be bombs and the cops had seen them and shrugged saying " oh...no problem they're cartoon characters ".....and walked away.

• Members

I was thinking the same thing, i mean sometimes when i fly i have effects pedals in my carry on...

"It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."

{censored}, guess if i don't want to get anal probed by security i better stop that right now. Plus i heard that they have iBOMBS they are metal objects about the size of a wallet, with an internal battery, and wires that go to the terrorists' ears...for, you know, mind controlled detonation.

Bost'pwned

Archived