Who else is getting screwed out of their stimulus check?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Your parents will get an extra $300 for claiming you as a dependent.

You also get money, even if you're a dependent, if you made over a certain amount ($3,600 maybe?), that's worth another $300.

If wish this were true, but irs.gov says differently. That's only for minors and if they don't work. Guess things get cheaper once you go to college? :freak:

I don't get the check, my parents don't get it, and I pay taxes were I work. I will also not be excused from any tax raises next year due to this if it is considered an "advance." I haven't heard about this yet, but if they do charge for it later, I am certain without a doubt I will pay back for a check I never got.

• Members
Not sure about this, I don't get the 3 bills for my 19 yr old student living at home and she doesn't get it either. She made about $6k last year.
:confused::mad:

Isn't it funny how they act like your child isn't your problem therefore you get no check, yet at the same time they say since she lives with you she isn't an indipendant adult and shouldn't get a check. Then who gets the check??? Our government so they can go start another war.

• Members

boooo {censored}ing hooo everyone. I owe $1500 this year, and have only received a refund maybe twice in the last 10 years. try being married and not having kids. Everyone wags their finger and says "oh, don't have kids until you are married and can afford them" but if you do have kids unmarried and cant afford them, you fall in to the sweetest tax bracket.

• 12 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Don't forget that stimulous payemnts are funded soley by borrowed money and just increases an already unpayable national debt (now up to $906M per person incl. public debt, SS and medicare shortfalls etc.).

So make sure every penny you get goes to effects pedals. The dollar may devalue, the economy finally crash, massive crime and unrest in the streets and all that comes with the effective storming of the gate but the heck with that, you'll have great tone 

• Moderators
On 1/4/2021 at 12:11 AM, cardarellarick said:

I'm 52 and live with my brother and low and behold he claimed me as a dependent and I have not got a red cent.is their anything I can do about this why is it that dependent keep getting screwed over.

Ask your brother for the dependent part?:idk:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 5/12/2008 at 4:44 AM, arcarsenal72 said:

Well even if you didn't get the stimulus check, your tax refund should be nice. I'm in the same ballpark as you, and I'd rather have my $1000 in refunds than some stupid $300 stimulus check lol

You do realize that when you get a refund the one giving you the refund is simply giving your money back to you, and you could have been earning interest on that money, no?

Better still, you could have bought bitcoins at the bottom and made a lot of money.

Bitcoin Return Calculator - Investment on Any Date (and Inflation) - DQYDJ

• Members
On 2/14/2021 at 12:01 PM, EPFudbutter said:

Don't forget that stimulous payemnts are funded soley by borrowed money and just increases an already unpayable national debt (now up to $906M per person incl. public debt, SS and medicare shortfalls etc.).

So make sure every penny you get goes to effects pedals. The dollar may devalue, the economy finally crash, massive crime and unrest in the streets and all that comes with the effective storming of the gate but the heck with that, you'll have great tone 

That's assuming we still have electricity. :idea:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived