Who else is getting screwed out of their stimulus check?

• Members

I am a 21 year old student who lives with my parents. I do this because I cannot afford to move out and go to school at the same time without leeching off the government. I work, I pay taxes. Because I even have the potential to be claimed (I am anyway) I don't get a stimulus check. My parents also get nothing for claiming me.

It's hard enough to pay for school on minimum wage and then work while at school, so why would I be denied this check. The other group that is denied the checks are singles making over 75,000 dollars. I don't get it. I pay taxes just like everyone else, and my reward is my work getting busier from everyone else getting money and making my work harder.

I hate our government. Republican or Democrat, it all is ran poorly.

• Members

I think the US government just wanted people to spend more so they made everyone think they'd get a serious amount of money to buy stuff. People buy stuff in advance, before they have the money. (It's the trend of the decade)

And a lot of people will have spent money that they'll never see back through a refund.

Now the government is just trying to get out of the deal.

• Moderators
The other group that is denied the checks are singles making over 75,000 dollars.

The top 5 percent of taxpayers pay more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes, but report roughly one-third (30.6 percent) of income.

Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes... in other words, the other 50% of wage earners are paying almost nothing (3% of the total taxes).

-Jack

• Members
I am a 21 year old student who lives with my parents. I do this because I cannot afford to move out and go to school at the same time without leeching off the government. I work, I pay taxes. Because I even have the potential to be claimed (I am anyway) I don't get a stimulus check. My parents also get nothing for claiming me.

It's hard enough to pay for school on minimum wage and then work while at school, so why would I be denied this check. The other group that is denied the checks are singles making over 75,000 dollars. I don't get it. I pay taxes just like everyone else, and my reward is my work getting busier from everyone else getting money and making my work harder.

I hate our government. Republican or Democrat, it all is ran poorly.

They figure as a 21-year-old living at home, you'd just blow it on cheeba. Moar moneys for lawyers & dentists. You cannot has. :o