Best and worst purchases of 2008 (So far)

DanJep

• Members

best: VS Route 66, FD2 Mosfet, M13

worst: DD7... it's not bad, it was just a bad purchase for me.. I have all delays covered...

This has really been my first year buying gear/pedals... I got a bunch of stuff for Christmas last year and have just tweaked it here and there... now the M13 is replacing four pedals and giving me tons more...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BEST:

1971 Pro Reverb

WORST:

Blue Boy Deluxe I guess...haven't had any really bad acquisitions, just a few things I picked up that weren't what I was looking for.

UPDATE:

BEST

Carvin x60B for $175

...worst hasn't changed.

• Members

Best will be my Jagmaster that I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow.

Worst is this POS $100 drumset that I stupidly bought without examining it closely enough. It had supposedly just been played in a dry garage, but it was filled with mildew and had the cheapest hardware that I've ever seen.On the plus side, the low-end Zildjian cymbals that came with it are decent, as is the steel snare. Oh. And there was also a Pearl snare stand and high-hat stand with it. Those two alone came to almost $300 if I had bought them on their own, and they were brand new. It wasn't an awful purchase, but I didn't have the $100 at the time and shouldn't have spent it. It sort of worked itself out though.

Archived