Best and worst purchases of 2008 (So far)

DanJep

• Members

I guess the first new music gear I've bought this year is an old school MXR Flanger with only 2 knobs. Figured I'd try it because it was dirt cheap and I don't feel like dropping tons on something I don't really use that much anyway. Plus I've liked everything I've ever played from MXR. It has a cool early '80s look, reminds me of an old Atari game system hehe, hopefully the sound will be cool as well. I sometimes dig certain lo-fi sounds for pedals, like the my 2nd most recent purchase, a Soviet Big Muff which is super groovy.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^I'm resigned to the fact that EH Gain Pedals aren't worth their weight in corn.

Sorry you didn't like the Muffn'... it's a hard one to grab a hold of. I do have a friend though that uses his English Muffn' as his primary gain pedal and has for about 18mo now. To each his own.

• Members

Best:

OCD

Crunchbox

DD-20

Classic 30

I'm using the OCD for a light general OD and the CB for a more aggressive distortion and they're absolutely what I wanted. The DD-20's programmable banks are fantastic for me, and the C30 is just a fantastic little amp.

Worst:

Carvin x100b

By itself, the Carvin sounds great, but something about it in the mix with the band just makes it sound splatty. I've tried different speakers, various EQ settings... it's close but no cigar. I'm going to start using the C30 on a milkcrate until I can find something that fits me better.

Archived