Best and worst purchases of 2008 (So far)

DanJep

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best:

JR5.jpg
SL271064.jpg
mymelxowtone.jpg

Worst:

um...I dunno they've all been good so far.
:)

nice! letsgocoyote the guy who makes mellowtone pedals is one of my good friends he makes me custom stuff from time to time...be jealous! :)

best: Gretsch 6128tcg f'ing glorious, green sovtek russian big muff

worst: broken amp from ebay (pending damage from shipping dispute)

stereo memory man with hazari (ugh made me hate life)

• Members

I've bought very few pedals this year and i'm in love with all that i've acquired, they are:

watson superfuzz

z-vex loop junky

malekko 600 bright

also traded for a death by audio fuzz war which is ths shiznitz.

Bought/traded for a few pedals since.

Best: DBA fuzzwar, OMFG this is the fuzz of fuzzes!

Empress Superdelay, mighty fine delay.

G-Spot 3, silicon/germanium/led od

still dig the ones from the previous post, but the fuzz war and superdelay are real standouts

• Members

BEST: Baden A-style acoustic (Rosewood, Spruce)

WORST: Thumbpicks that I thought I would try my hand at using. I don't have the patience to learn to use them right.

VERDICT STILL OUT ON: Vexter BOR. I'm still within the 30 day period from Guitar Center and I'm just not sure if it's needed or not. I like it....just not sure if I like it enough to keep. Sigh.

• Members

Best so far: Throbak Stone Bender and Fuzz Factory; both have wound up on the board. The only thing the stone bender needed was a little more brightness which I remedied by throwing the Blue Boy Deluxe after it. That particular combo is my main gain now. I put off a fuzz factory for forever and now I wish I hadn't; fits my style great.

Worst: nothing that actually qualifies as bad. The Hendrix Octave Fuzz isn't versatile at all, but I bought it for SY type freakouts so no loss. The octave drop setting on the FF paired w/ this is brutal, but not as over the top as the Fuzz Gun and FF both set on feedback for end of set stirrup peel.

• Members

Best so far: Throbak Stone Bender and Fuzz Factory; both have wound up on the board. The only thing the stone bender needed was a little more brightness which I remedied by throwing the Blue Boy Deluxe after it. That particular combo is my main gain now. I put off a fuzz factory for forever and now I wish I hadn't; fits my style great.

Worst: nothing that actually qualifies as bad. The Hendrix Octave Fuzz isn't versatile at all, but I bought it for SY type freakouts so no loss. The octave drop setting on the FF paired w/ this is brutal, but not as over the top as the Fuzz Gun and FF both set on feedback for an end of set stirrup peel through oscillating delay.

• Members

Best: Barber LTD SR. It's the heart of my sound now.

Worst: Catalinbread Teaser Stallion. Big disappointment. None of my guitars seemed to work with it. Not enough output in the pickups, probably. The distortion by itself was good, but the "Teaser" part was what I wanted it for. It went back within a couple weeks, sadly.

• Members

Best: Barber LTD SR. It's the heart of my sound now.

Worst: Catalinbread Teaser Stallion. Big disappointment. None of my guitars seemed to work with it. Not enough output in the pickups, probably. The distortion by itself was good, but the "Teaser" part was what I wanted it for. It went back within a couple weeks, sadly.

+1 for Barber. My regular LTD is my favoritest overdrive ever.

Archived