Product Manager for M13 here for questions

richrenken

===== Interesting idea... I shall pass it on...

Thank you. :cool:

1/2" half track, 1/4" half track, 16 and 24 track 2", all @ 7.5 / 15 and 30 IPS... maybe model MCI, Studer, Ampex, etc. Maybe over and under-bias adjustable, maybe different tape formulations - 456, 996, etc.

Just tossing out ideas for your consideration. :D

And thanks again for the detailed reply about the M13. I'll definitely check one out at my earliest opportunity.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

no harmonizer per se, but the synth string can be 0 swell and pitched anywhere over 2 octaves... i was trying out an octave up effect with that recently and it's quite cool. especially when you can set the octave up (or same note a you're playing) to swell up a few seconds after you hit it.. kinda like a playing a note and then have the swell sustain the note that bit longer

• Members

As a owner of all the stompbox modeling pedals, this size is great. I think you really need to see it in person. I was amazed how small it was when I actually saw it at a music store. I don't know how Line6 could have made it any smaller without dumping features.

I am encouraged to hear about future upgrades. It would be nice to have a unit you can add on to.

On a negative note, being a big fan of your Line6 editing software, I would hope you would have kept this for this unit, instead of using a third party software. But all in all, this is a great unit.

• Members

I almost bought one but it didn't have an acoustic guitar simulator that I would need in a mult-effects pedal. Can it do a Micro-Pog setting with mixable dry, and octave above and below?

Do you find any of the acoustic simulator usable? I use a Piezo guitar thru a acoustic amp. The only thing I have found that sounds better is the variax.

I find it hard to do anything acoustic without a separate amp.

• Members

Do you find any of the acoustic simulator usable? I use a Piezo guitar thru a acoustic amp. The only thing I have found that sounds better is the variax.

I find it hard to do anything acoustic without a separate amp.

The AC-2 is very good, but I was hoping to find a more realistic acoustic simulator in today's advancing technology. I'm also considering the Variax through a PA.

• Members

yes it is good.

also seems like a pretty cheap form of market research and R&D to me.

Well the definition of a Product Manager is to fight for the needs of the customer. So for me it is even more important to be here for you guys and that helps me inform marketing and R&D.

• Members

As a owner of all the stompbox modeling pedals, this size is great. I think you really need to see it in person. I was amazed how small it was when I actually saw it at a music store. I don't know how Line6 could have made it any smaller without dumping features.

I am encouraged to hear about future upgrades. It would be nice to have a unit you can add on to.

On a negative note, being a big fan of your Line6 editing software, I would hope you would have kept this for this unit, instead of using a third party software. But all in all, this is a great unit.

Thank you for the love. As far as the editing software, there is nothing to edit. Everything is what you see is what you get. The PODs needed the editing software to get to various controls quickly. With M13 it is right in front of you.

• Members

the auto save feature is a god-send by the way!

has anyone worked out how/if you can copy one 'patch' to another? for example so i can have 4 banks of the exact same delay settings then just change row 1 to tape echo, row 2 to digital, row 3 to tube echo and row 4 to low res delays.. keeping all the same delay time/subdivided tap settings

• Members

i haven't used the m13, so i'm speaking from some degree of ignorance. i'd be interested in a stripped down, cheaper product. to get me to buy it, it would need to keep the looper, contrary to what some others have said.

my main other contribution is that my understanding is that the tap tempo is automatically universal (i may be wrong). if that's true, i'd much prefer it wasn't. tap tempo is valuable for delay, but it gets out of sync over time with effects like tremolo or phase shifting.

• Members

the auto save feature is a god-send by the way!

has anyone worked out how/if you can copy one 'patch' to another? for example so i can have 4 banks of the exact same delay settings then just change row 1 to tape echo, row 2 to digital, row 3 to tube echo and row 4 to low res delays.. keeping all the same delay time/subdivided tap settings

Thanks. You can't do what you are asking to do. That is called retention. It is built to the delay time/note value on the delays. So you can set your delay time and then go from model to model checking it out. So technically, you could use the copy function to copy the same delay around and then select the different models.

• Members

i haven't used the m13, so i'm speaking from some degree of ignorance. i'd be interested in a stripped down, cheaper product. to get me to buy it, it would need to keep the looper, contrary to what some others have said.

my main other contribution is that my understanding is that the tap tempo is automatically universal (i may be wrong). if that's true, i'd much prefer it wasn't. tap tempo is valuable for delay, but it gets out of sync over time with effects like tremolo or phase shifting.

It would have the looper for sure.

tap is universal to all effects within a scene that you have using note value. so you can have your delays on note value for tap and mods and such on ms.

• Members
It would have the looper for sure.

:love:

I will just through the suggestion out there here too:

"Thoughts on two more models, one with one row of stomps like Matterday's Photoshop, and one with two?"

Price the range at $300, $400 and $500 respectively and Line 6 win.

• Members

this.

m11- 1 row, 4 presets, $300

m12- 2 rows, 8 presets, $400

m13- m13, $500

Four presets? {censored} off, that defeats the point.

Or do you mean for scenes? (Banks of presets)

I could manage four scenes, but I am greedy and selfish (Although for the good of players and fellow poor people everywhere) and I am viewing this as a chance to get a "NetStar Pedal". I'm going to gun for all twelve scenes, throughout the whole range hoping that the size and hardware will be enough to bring the price down... Maybe we can compromise on 6, 8 and 12 scenes? :idk:

Still think the littlest one could do with losing one expression pedal and one effects loop too. Maybe that would help prices.

Archived