Product Manager for M13 here for questions

richrenken

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The single biggest thing holding it back in my opinion is a lack of a dedicated harmonizer option: clean octave transpositions like a POG or MicroPOG. It's gotta track amazingly well though.

I told guys over at The Gear Page that every Line 6 product I ever work on from here forward will have at least these three things even if it is the only three things in the product. :) J/K. But all kidding aside, I am serious about having them. 1. Inteligent harmonizer 2. Whammy 3. graphic eq.

So, I want to have these in the next firmware release. We will see. I am working on it. Can't promise anything by law.

• Members

'tis a valid question......which is why people like DRASP mod the DL-4 pedals.....

That is a different switch. Which was moded in 2006 and since then have less that a 1% return rate because of the switches and a less that 4% return rate out of the 10s of thousands sold. But again, M13 switch is a ground up switch that was closely and passionately overseen by Michel, a co-founder and Chief Technology Officer.

• Members

Hi Rich

I asked this before, but I think you may have not have seen it...

Will Line6 introduce the capabilities to us the M13 as a MIDI Controller? Using the unit for FX, plus to control my amp would be awesome.

I actually returned mine when I learned it wouldn't do this! (The specs were unintentionally misleading)

Cheers

• Members

It's threads like this that make me want to put Robo back on my ignore list. He's spouting drivel out of his rear. The product manager for the unit has told us that only three have been returned for switch issues and it wasn't because the switch didn't go out but because they weren't screwed in tight enough.

Robo = fail

• Members
saving me money when the switch goes out in the middle of a gig
:facepalm:

nice

The Product Manager for the Line 6 M13 has responded to you, using facts to dispute your claim, which was not based on facts but on past products. Please go away.

• Members
Problem though... the bottom left switch very rarely turns on, this means no looper! I have also noticed recently the tuner button is interrmittent, i have to hold the button down, then power on to tune... this has happned at a few gigs now...
:(

:idea:

LIES!

• Members

I would like to add to the chorus that a four switch (plus looper/scene/tuner switches) M13 with harmonizer/whammy features and an eq for $300 would be a definite knock out of the park for Line6. Mostly I would use it for the sounds that only get used once in a while that I don't want to carry a separate pedal for and I'd keep my analog tube screamer and wah pedal, etc. to use in conjunction with the M11. The sounds I'm thinking of are things like the octavia, ring mod, whammy, univibe, and some delays. It would also be cool to be able to buy individual models instead of model packs. I'd rather pay $15 for the one model I want instead of $100 for lots of models I don't want. But I'm getting off topic...

• Members
I would like to add to the chorus that a four switch (plus looper/scene/tuner switches) M13 with harmonizer/whammy features and an eq for $300 would be a definite knock out of the park for Line6. Mostly I would use it for the sounds that only get used once in a while that I don't want to carry a separate pedal for and I'd keep my analog tube screamer and wah pedal, etc. to use in conjunction with the M11. The sounds I'm thinking of are things like the octavia, ring mod, whammy, univibe, and some delays.

It would also be cool to be able to buy individual models instead of model packs. I'd rather pay $15 for the one model I want instead of $100 for lots of models I don't want. But I'm getting off topic...

Agreed.
It would be killer.

I also voiced the same opinion regarding model packs on TGP.
Agreeing that it would be cool to buy the whole pack for $50, but this might seem like a lot of money to a younger player, or someone that only find interest in a couple of models: Suggesting that Line 6 could also offer them for a few bucks a piece. Buying a Klon or a Triple Rec for $4 would be pretty cool. :cool:

• Members
I would like to add to the chorus that a four switch (plus looper/scene/tuner switches) M13 with harmonizer/whammy features and an eq for $300 would be a definite knock out of the park for Line6. Mostly I would use it for the sounds that only get used once in a while that I don't want to carry a separate pedal for and I'd keep my analog tube screamer and wah pedal, etc. to use in conjunction with the M11. The sounds I'm thinking of are things like the octavia, ring mod, whammy, univibe, and some delays. It would also be cool to be able to buy individual models instead of model packs. I'd rather pay $15 for the one model I want instead of $100 for lots of models I don't want. But I'm getting off topic...

that's a wicked idea. buy and upload models to suit. :)

..ooh! and following on from the tonecore thing mentioned earlier, you could download user-created models too!

let the geeks model their Timmy, old DOD phasors etc..

• Members
that's a wicked idea. buy and upload models to suit.
:)

It would be like iTunes or the Apple Apps Store.

So for instance, I could download just a few effects as my money allows and if I wanted to then purchase the full pack, enter a code that allows me to purchase the rest of them for $50 less what I paid already.

There is a big old list on TGP of the effects someone suggested and they are very good choices.

As I said there, if Line 6 can say they even got 50% there on a Timmy, Klon, Openhaus etc, they will clean up.

• Members

It would be like iTunes or the Apple Apps Store.

So for instance, I could download just a few effects as my money allows and if I wanted to then purchase the full pack, enter a code that allows me to purchase the rest of them for $50 less what I paid already.

There is a big old list on TGP of the effects someone suggested and they are very good choices.

As I said there, if Line 6 can say they even got 50% there on a Timmy, Klon, Openhaus etc, they will clean up.

This is a freaking brilliant idea, and Line 6 would own this market...Rich, you listening?

• Members

Indeed.

Here is the list off TGP

Written by TGP Forumite, not Rich and not me:

Model Pack Wishlist

FX not currently offered

EQ (global and/or FX block)

Acoustic Sim

Pitch shifter/Whammy

Dunlop 535Q wah/Clyde Wah/Teese Wah (my vote is for the dunlop because these models are never 100% accurate anyway and tweakablity can help tailor the sound to your needs)

Additonal FX models

OD

• Members
This is a freaking brilliant idea, and Line 6 would own this market...Rich, you listening?

Yeah, although if they were gonna make a concerted effort to push widespread upgrading by end users, they'd pretty much have to get a friendlier I/O on the thing (e.g. USB). I know there was a money reason for having MIDI only, but just imagine the onslaught of 13-year olds emailing Line 6 tech support about how they're having trouble installing their $5 BROOTALZ patch into the M13 via MIDI.

I dunno, maybe it wouldn't be any worse than it is now with the firmware upgrades... :idk:

• Members

I had a M13 for about 3 weeks... It started to really grow on me after I tweaked a lot of the factory settings. The tones are much better than the older PODs and the auto save feature was cool.

A few suggestions:
1. Offer an expression pedal (or two) version
2. PCMac based editing software
3. Tilt the screens up, or make them larger

p.s. I think the iTunes thread is not really practical for Line 6. They are not a software company, and what is being proposed is basically a software license. I am sure the cost to build a

• Members

Hi Rich

I asked this before, but I think you may have not have seen it...

Will Line6 introduce the capabilities to us the M13 as a MIDI Controller? Using the unit for FX, plus to control my amp would be awesome.

I actually returned mine when I learned it wouldn't do this! (The specs were unintentionally misleading)

Cheers

I want to do another expanded floor version that has better midi, a row of presets with rows for instant access, channel switching etc. So more bradshaw like in a pedal.

Archived