Product Manager for M13 here for questions

richrenken

• Members

See below after ======

first of all, it's nice to see a company seeking feedback direct from users. thanks!

==== Thank you..

a couple of issues for me with the M13:

- the Vibratone/Leslie models don't have a continuous rate knob like the other modulations. why is this? you have either slow or fast at predetermined rates. and it's also missing the tempo syncing by using the subdivision as with the phaser etc.

==== The answer to both questions is because the Vibratone and Leslies have two speeds, chorale (slow) and tremelo (fast). These are modeled after that so there you have it.

- the fx loop is really great for adding extra fx wherever you want in the chain, but if it's possible i would love to see some kind of parallel/series option or a dry/wet mix for the loop.

====== that would take more dsp power. We are already thinking of a M series product that would have more of that as well as channel switching and preset switches with instant access switching more like a switching system.

- it would be nice to have a series/parallel option on each of the 4 'banks'. i thought this may have been a feature before i bought one (i was in a rush and didn't look into the finer details), but using more than one delay line you get the same problem as running delay pedals in series on a board. what would make the M13 amazing, and even more competition to the rack gear) is if you could run the fx in parallel. especially the delays. but also the other fx could make for some very interesting sounds. i'm sure users would love this option. it's another one of the things that would have the M13 exceed a 'standard' pedalboard.

==== Exactly see above...

thanks for a great product though. the option to reduce the playback volume and to eq the recorded layers on the looper is spot on.
:thu:
===== Thank you...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow!

Find a way to put the looper in that and we have a winner, right there.

Either way, keep the scene button, somehow make it Tap Tempo and it's still brilliant.

I forgot about the looper. Tap tempo would be cool but wouldn't have to be on the actual unit. Expression out is a great tool :)

• Members

I don't like big units like these because I'd like to fit it on my pedalboard and I like my boards small. Something ideal for me would be cramming the MM-4, DL-4, and FM-4 into something the size of the image I attached. I just don't feel like I'd use all 12 presets so it'd be a waste of board real estate for me.

Something like I explained above would really replace my DD-20. The reason the DD-20 appeals to me is because it is just the right size and has just enough presets for a reverb type of delay, a longer slapback delay, a spacey dual delay setting, chorus, and a simple looper which is all I need.

Love it and agree. There was a lot of talk of this over at TGP and we are definitely working on some cool stuff for future M based products.

• Members

Bloody hell, I'm excited now and all it is a cropped Photoshop!

Yes, I have made up my mind.

Tap tempo externally.

Then find a way to do the scene changing and saving stuff, whilst also activating the looper on the fifth switch.

Line 6 could retire every other product if that thing came out at

• Members

I understand that.

How do the verbs in the POD differ?

The verbs in verbzilla were started from scratch using all the DSP power to do just reverb. As I explained in other places, POD uses the motherlode of the DSP for the amp model so the reverbs don't have as much room for a more detailed algorithm. The POD reverbs will get you by but the Verbzilla reverbs sound like the old lexy verbs and the like. If you get a chance to check one out. Put it on Plate and just rake the string with a percussive sound and listen to the trail out, super rich and deep.

• Members
There's a reason why I bought the M13 for 2 weeks and returned it. It just had too much for me and was too big. With the size the M13 is I'd have to carry it in another case in addition to my board. I'd love to have all of my delay, modulation, and filter needs in one (semi) small package. Something like that and 3 other pedals (2 dirt and one tuner) would fit on a PT-2 easily which is as big as I'd ever want my pedalboard to be. If I see anything like that from Line 6 in the future I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Even with a price tag of $300+ so long as it makes things more convenient for me.

I forgot about the looper. Tap tempo would be cool but wouldn't have to be on the actual unit. Expression out is a great tool
:)

I am with you. I feel like they would both be great products. The M13 IS your pedalboard the smaller M product would go ON your pedalboard.

• Members

For a unit that small (and only 4 presets) I wouldn't be too worried about saving scenes. You could replace that scene switch with a looper switch and it'd be perfect for something that size. Maybe something like this (attached) would be more ideal for you?

Once again all I did was crop the M13 to a size and number of presets I like. Nothing more. I also cut out the entire DM-4 portion because to be honest, I'm much more picky about my dirty sounds than I am about my other effects so I'd prefer to control my dirty sounds apart from the unit.

Just so people aren't confused. Any of the M13s 86 different effects can be on any of the 12 switches in any order. So it isn't about chopping off the distortions. Also, the number one talked about thing since the M13 came out is how cool a bunch of the distortions are. The guys didn't buy it for the distortions but after having it are discovering them. I am sure you guys have seen this and know about this but just in case it is a fun story. http://u2-atomic-edge-gear.tripod.com/id163.html

• Members
I had one for a while, and enjoyed it. Little too pricey for me though. I've decided to down size.

Could you guys come up with an M10, with an omitted distortion circuit? And sell it for like $399?
:idk:

We want to do all kinds of versions. A smaller one is definitely in the mix. See the post right above yours for the distortion answer. Also, search YouTube for guys showing the distortions. And go to our website here and check it out. My buddy Dwayne and I captured these at his studio. We did not touch the amps controls after we recorded the first sample which is his guitar straight into the Divided by 13.

http://line6.com/m13/sounds02.html

All sound samples were recorded by guitarist/producer Dwayne Larring (Kelly Clarkson, Sonicflood, Nick Carter, Matt Redman, Voxhaul Broadcast) at Stagg Sound Recorders.

All sound samples were recorded with a '67 Gibson

• Members

Yeah I had the unit for 2 weeks and gave it an extensive test drive. The drives are nice but they are not nice enough to take the place of my dirt boxes (no offense). I just figure if you don't include the DM-4 portion it might be cheaper? :idk:

I for one am excited to see what you come out with for this product line. This is about as close to my dream multieffects unit as anyone has ever gotten. Just waiting to see what else you are able to dream up before I commit to anything long term :)

• Members

Keep the distortions and the scenes.

On second thoughts, forgo the looper on the little one, and keep it for the "pro model" M13.

Keep the scenes, so that people really can "scale down" to one of these products and scale down a hell of a lot.

Make this:

Line_6_M13_48c999724ef36.jpg

It's sexy and beautiful and even without the looper, will sell like nothing has ever sold before.

Even the TU-1000

• Members
Yeah I had the unit for 2 weeks and gave it an extensive test drive. The drives are nice but they are not nice enough to take the place of my dirt boxes (no offense). I just figure if you don't include the DM-4 portion it might be cheaper?
:idk:

I for one am excited to see what you come out with for this product line. This is about as close to my dream multieffects unit as anyone has ever gotten. Just waiting to see what else you are able to dream up before I commit to anything long term
:)

No offense taken. We put 16 models in there. They are well loved but there are many other awesome distortion pedals out there for sure. The Holy Fire comes to mind among others.

• Members

Hey Rich,

Another M13 fan here! It took the place of all my fancy pedals... i got sick of tap dancing about... now i have everything sync'd up.

Problem though... the bottom left switch very rarely turns on, this means no looper! I have also noticed recently the tuner button is interrmittent, i have to hold the button down, then power on to tune... this has happned at a few gigs now... :(

I have been gigging/rehearsing a lot so I have not had a chance to sort it out, plus being in the UK i cant just pop into an authorized Line 6 repair shop like in the USA. Im also on an earlier version of the software as i have not had a chance to pick up a midi/usb lead, which i thought was pretty {censored}ty considering i forked out a few hundred quid, I now have to spend another

• Members
I've never used the M13 (although I did own a DL-4 years ago and GAS'd over the original Axis back in the 90s), I just want to say that it's really cool seeing manufacturers reaching out and having a dialog with customers on forums like this. It's really making me consider buying something from Line 6 again.

this :thu:

• Members
Hey Rich,

Another M13 fan here! It took the place of all my fancy pedals... i got sick of tap dancing about... now i have everything sync'd up.

Problem though... the bottom left switch very rarely turns on, this means no looper! I have also noticed recently the tuner button is interrmittent, i have to hold the button down, then power on to tune... this has happned at a few gigs now... :(

I have been gigging/rehearsing a lot so I have not had a chance to sort it out, plus being in the UK i cant just pop into an authorized Line 6 repair shop like in the USA. Im also on an earlier version of the software as i have not had a chance to pick up a midi/usb lead, which i thought was pretty {censored}ty considering i forked out a few hundred quid, I now have to spend another

• Members

Oh...and while you're telling the POD dude to get an account here at HCFX, tell your comany/IT dept to change back the forums. They suck balls. Srsly. No way to access old content like old patches for the POD. Major FAIL on L6's part. :mad:

• Members
Oh...and while you're telling the POD dude to get an account here at HCFX, tell your comany/IT dept to change back the forums. They suck balls. Srsly. No way to access old content like old patches for the POD. Major FAIL on L6's part.
:mad:

They are still up here http://line6.com/supportarchive/

I hear you though, I was not happy about it. I am getting used to it now.

Archived