How much dirt is on your board?

Salsage

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big Muff is always there (currently the Bass version:thu:) as my main sound.

and usually 1 more for variety (currently the Black Licorice)

The most I ever had was 4.. it was Fuzz Factory, Soda Mieser, USA Big Muff, Disaster Fuzz. That was fun, but I spent more time tap dancing and turning knobs than playing, thats why I try to keep it simple nowadays.

• Members

Lemme see.... at the moment, I've got a Hardwire SC2 Valve distortion as my main dirt box that I bought earlier this year. Thing is, I can get much of the same tones out of my H&K's dirt channel, the only prob is that it's at a much higher volume, and with a bit less saturation and harmonics. I use this with a Bixonic Expandora fuzz to nail the Reverend Billy's pinch harmonic tone among others. I have a Digitech Distortion Factory that I play around with every so often. The tone variety is really good, but the pedal sounds too digital for my tastes.

For the fuzz, I have the aforementioned Bixonic Expandora. I really like this one, and it seems that not too many people use 'em. That's okay, I like having my own tone. I have a Fulltone '70 hooked in there too. All silicon in the transistors, and downright nasty sounding if I turn up the gain. I have an EHX Muff reissue that's in the wings... I bought the '70 to replace it, cause I think it makes my Strat sound too muddy.

• Members

I have a Fender Blues Jr so I need some help in the DIRT department.

Currently I run 4 dirt pedals on my board.....
a Boss MT2, Keeley DS1, Boss OD3 and a Ibanez TS808.

I also have a Boss DS1 and a Behringer TO800 (TS808 clone) taking up space, but they are probably gonna give way to a Fulltone OCD?

Howard

Archived