How much dirt is on your board?

Salsage

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just 3 so far (i'm not the biggest dirt fanatic).

-Zvex Fuzz Factory (perhaps a little too intense for me despite how much i like it).
-MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe (new toy).
-Labsystems Overdrive/Clean Boost (amps).

I'm really not a fan of distortion. And i can't even use the Fuzz Factory by itself. It's always gotta be stacked with my amps overdrive otherwise i can't stand it.

I'm still planning to eventually get the MI Audio BBD modified to fascilitate an expression pedal which would control the wet/dry of the effect. That would be schweeto.

• Members

i've got one, two if you count the single knob boost. i don't see the point in having all these different dirt pedals on your board. i could see fuzz, overdrive and boost but that's the most. i saw a band play the other night and the lead and rhythym guitar player had i think 8 dirt pedals between the two of them.

• Members

Crowther Prunes&Custard

Devi Ever Bass Fuzz

Chunk Brown Dog Gated Fuzz

EHX English Muffn

WMD Geiger Counter (digital dirt among other things)

EHX Bass Micro Synth (though I don't use the dirt slider)

MI Audio Pollyanna (squarewave octaver)

5 moogerfoogers (they can all be overdriven :p)

The Muffn and the Micro Synth are the only ones that feel excessive. I have somewhat limited use for overdrive, but the muffn sounds great with a lot of gain, or no gain to change the character of octaves and fuzz. Im trying to streamline a bit and I'd like to downsize to something 9vdc. I had a paradriver, but despite the size/9v it just didn't cut it compared to the Muffn.

The Bass micro synth is just a fun pedal but the whole thing is overlap in my setup and I've been meaning to take it off as we get closer to gigging. The only practical use it has right now is as a lowpass after the OC2/before the Devi Ever Bass Fuzz which is sloppy otherwise- the BMS as a lowpass before it tightens it up perfectly and sounds great.. but Im only using the BMS and the Devi for one song, and I could just use the Brown Dog in their place and no one other than myself would know the difference.. But damn it sounds good.. damnit.

• Members

I have 3 (if fuzz is included and I'm thinkin yeah it is)

GI Fuzz
BD-2
Muff Diver

Not many sounds that I want and I can't get with those 3. Right now my Fuzz rarely comes on because the BD-2 and Muff Diver are so good I don't really need it.

Archived