Holy Grail Nano

ShuGAZER

• Members

I picked up this little gem a couple of days ago.

HolyGrailNano.jpg

I always like the E-H Holy Grail, but wished it didn't take up so much space on my board. Well, there's no excuse for not getting one now. I love it. It's basically the Holy Grail made smaller. Great small size, lush sound and works great with my other pedals. Perfect for the ambient dreampop I play.

DSCN4111.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome. Looks great. Plan on making any clips of it for us? Also, that may be the first time I've seen two chorus pedals on a board before. What do you use them for that you need two of them?

I combine them to enhance the chorus effect. Sometimes different chorus pedals will compliment each other. :lol: Occasionally, I'll use the vibrato mode on the Mind Bender, but mostly chorus. I'll see if I can work on adding a sound clip later.

• Members

Is it any different from a regular? Just a smaller box, it looks like. Does it use a goofy EHX plug, or are they doing us favors?

Yes, it's basically the same Holy Grail, but smaller. Comes with a standard 9V DC adapter, although I'm using a 1 Spot to power my board.

• Members

How does it compare to the Rv-7?

The RV-7 is a great reverb pedal. Aside from it being built like a tank, it's got great modulated and hall 'verbs and a killer reverse reverb, but you can't really kill the dry signal except in reverse mode. Not necessarily a bad thing depending on the kind of music you play, but with the Holy Grail, I can increase the wet signal without drop in volume to get that lush 'floating' guitar sound that's ideal for shoegaze/dreampop/ambient/post-rock. .

Archived