NGD!!!! (SCHECTER content)

lfrz93

• Members

Came in yesterday but i didnt feel like posting it yesterday

Im in love with it, the SD pickups sound great, i wish they where actives though

It looks GORGEOUS in person, i like more than my hellraiser (as far as looks)

It is also really really light, about 2 pounds lighter than my hellraiser

The neck plays beautifully and the easy access neck is amazing

Set it up, put new strings, lemon oil'd, and polished it

I just wish the inlays weren't so flamboyant

Im happy though :love:

2009-06-22231841.jpg

2009-06-22231851.jpg

2009-06-22231908.jpg

2009-06-22231927.jpg

• Members

I still like gaudy PRS-inspired extravagant guitars, even when they're affordable enough for everyone to buy them. I do my gear demos, both here and on my blog as well as the clips in my reviews, with my C-1 Classic (mine's the darker color) because it's a guitar in everyone's reach with great features, great playability and versatile tone options. Congrats on getting one of the best deals around in guitars.

• Members

I would dig that ALOT more if the freatboard wasn't so overdone to be honest. Alot of those other ESP/Shecter guitars get a little too crazy with the Albolane in my opinion, but they are great guitars besides, at least the few I've played

• Members

The vine inlay has grown on me, no pun intended. It sort of completes the look, for better or for worse. Either the icing on the cake, or the straw that broke the camel's back depending on how you look at it.

I have quite a few guitars, old ones and new, bargains and expensive - and it's one of my go-to axes because of its versatility, consistency and playability. It takes a setup really well and always sounds great. I have understated axes, I don't mind having one that's gussied up.

Just curious - how many of the people crapping on Schecter here like ANY of the more flamboyant-in-appearance guitars? My guess is that this is more the Jazzmaster crowd, and a guitar like that would clash with the whole look and feel that they're going for.

• Members
Just curious - how many of the people crapping on Schecter here like ANY of the more flamboyant-in-appearance guitars? My guess is that this is more the Jazzmaster crowd, and a guitar like that would clash with the whole look and feel that they're going for.

Guilty :facepalm:

but im trading the jazzy in this summer for something else, so I don't know if I count......

• Members

The vine inlay has grown on me, no pun intended. It sort of completes the look, for better or for worse. Either the icing on the cake, or the straw that broke the camel's back depending on how you look at it.

I have quite a few guitars, old ones and new, bargains and expensive - and it's one of my go-to axes because of its versatility, consistency and playability. It takes a setup really well and always sounds great. I have understated axes, I don't mind having one that's gussied up.

I don't really like the fretboard work, but it wouldn't be that hard for me to get used to it.

• Members

I dont think schecters should be compared to ESPs, they are totally different axes, as far as ESPs ive had the ltd m100fm and the alexi 600 scythe

FWIW, when I first got this guitar I also had an LTD MH-400, and other than the headstock the bodies were pretty damn identical.

HOWEVER, this is the one I ended up keeping for a lotta years, and a big part of that was because I thought the JB/Jazz set killed the EMG's in the MH-400. That, and I couldn't deal with the Floyd.

Glad you're diggin' it so far. :thu:

Archived