Who was your favorite/least favorite president?

amarr1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:thu:Wow Jisatsu I've got new found respect for you. Bush Sr didn't get a lot credit. Very smart president. Unfortantely apple fell very from tree in regards to his son. He was one of few that understood that you gotta cut spending before you cut taxes. He also believed that trickle down economics was bunch bullsh$t. His handling of Iraq was brilliant. Basically got the Kuwait to pay for most of it.

Favorite Pres: Lincoln

Least: Jackson

Wow, fin-a{censored}ingly.

Yeah, Sr was a pretty smart dude. Head of the CIA for many years, and partly some of the things related to that and what I did in the military gave me a big respect for this man.

Possibly the only thing I don't like about him, was that his son used his father's name and influence to get elected.

I don't bash on Jr. for the same reasons as most, but some of them were, Jr. used daddy as an excuse to not drill for the guard, and also used daddy to get out of various dui's and possession charges. Complete BS in my opinion.

Too bad SR was replaced by an actual thief, criminal, liar, and con artist coughclintoncough.

But who knows, another 4 years and Sr. could have made a fool of himself too.

• Members

Wow, fin-a{censored}ingly.

Yeah, Sr was a pretty smart dude. Head of the CIA for many years, and partly some of the things related to that and what I did in the military gave me a big respect for this man.

Possibly the only thing I don't like about him, was that his son used his father's name and influence to get elected.

I don't bash on Jr. for the same reasons as most, but some of them were, Jr. used daddy as an excuse to not drill for the guard, and also used daddy to get out of various dui's and possession charges. Complete BS in my opinion.

Too bad SR was replaced by an
actual thief, criminal, liar, and con artist coughclintoncough.

But who knows, another 4 years and Sr. could have made a fool of himself too.

explain. is the criminal and liar part is about him getting his tool serviced?

• Members

explain. is the criminal and liar part is about him getting his tool serviced?

No it's about the whole illegal business ventures his wife and he were involved with before he was elected, and that was pretty quicly covered up by a ton of witnesses being in car accidents or plane crashes.

It's like when you become president anything bad about you gets covered up quick.

But the liar parts...well...that yeah is about his tool being serviced. At least other polititians will admit to it. (some of the time.)

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Don't even get me started with Hilary.

• Members

I don't get how guys your generation ignore the fact that Carter's term had to pass the glut of the Vietnam war debt.

:facepalm:

And you'll use the same argument to defend Obama after he totally destroys the economy. I know it was bad when he came in, but EVERYTHING he's doing is going to make it 1000 times worse. But I don't want to argue about it, I love you too much.

• Members
And one more thing about
f**kin' Ronald Reagan
:

He stood by and did
nothing
while the AIDS crisis went from a small thing to a world pandemic, cynically letting tens of thousands of Americans and (eventually) millions of others
die slow horrible deaths because at first it was only happening to gay people
and some of his base said they had it coming
because God hates them
:mad:

Only when it became very clear that heterosexual people were also getting AIDS did he lift a finger. And by then the AIDS genie was out of the bottle in a very big way. We've been trying to catch up ever since.

And he let his black ops guys
traffic in cocaine and sell weapons to the Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran
to make money to fund an
illegal war
in central America that had been
explicitly forbidden by Congress
. All while his justice department was locking up poor black men in America for coke, with his hideous wife waving her moralizing finger at us and telling us to
Just Say No to Drugs

And don't even get me started about how his guys negotiated with the Ayatollah to hold the Iranian hostages until after the election so Carter couldn't pull an October surprise, bring the boys home, and win re-election.
He started his Presidency with an act of high treason.
and then sold the Ayatollah (our enemy) weapons beyond his wildest dreams. Iraqis and Iranians slaughtered each other by the millions for years while Reagan's guys armed both sides with the weapons to do it, including chemical weapons, which he only did something about when the public pressure to act became unstoppable.

Good to see all the Reagan hate. I think he was worse than W because he could do all the evil things he did and still get most people to love him.

I don't really have a favorite, but I will say I don't think Carter deserves all the abuse he gets.

• Members

Lincoln was kind of a giant douche bag who really didn't care for that "constitution" thing during the Civil War. I mean, thanx bro for helping us North win that {censored}, but k-k-k-k-k-kind of inexcuseable.

Favorite: Jackson. I'm the least likely to win a fight against this pres.

Least: Probably George W. Bush.

Jackson wasn't big on the Constitution, or following treaties, or the supreme court, or much of anything apart from what he wanted to do - like Lincoln in many ways... And like Lincoln he had, for better or for worse, a vast amount of influence in how America turned out.

Favorite: Toss-up between John Adams and Jefferson. Today I lean Adams. I admire his life in general, though like any man he made his share of mistakes he was a true patriot and one of my favorite Americans in history. Jefferson was brilliant, too, and the tension between them was one of the most fruitful in the establishment of America in the early years - Adams fearful of tyranny of the majority, Jefferson, of the few. Good men both.

Least favorite: Reagan. A man whose most lasting accomplishment was poisoning the well for the rest of us. Thanks a lot, Reagan.

• Members

Jackson wasn't big on the Constitution, or following treaties, or the supreme court, or much of anything apart from what he wanted to do - like Lincoln in many ways... And like Lincoln he had, for better or for worse, a vast amount of influence in how America turned out.

BUT I WOULD LOSE A FIGHT TO HIM, THAT'S WHY I LIKE HIM

• Members

Edit: willburford, that's something to be proud of, you're carrying the blood of one of the real heroes of the revolution in your veins. If he hadn't endeared himself to the Dutch when he did, we probably couldn't have continued the war. Plus he was a snappy dresser :cool:

Everyone would lose a fight to him, despite his proclivities he's one of America's historic badasses.

Could have picked Teddy Roosevelt, though, he was an asskicker on the same plane of awesome and he wasn't such a big fan of genocide :cry:

• Members

I actually have an early edition of a book that he wrote about his experiences hunting. He was an extremely thoughtful man, it's an inspiring read even though some of the practices that were commonplace at the time would be considered unethical now (although to his credit he didn't engage in many of them on the grounds that he found them distasteful). He was a real outdoorsman. It's no surprise he cared about conserving that which brought him such joy.

• Members

First, language is by its nature polysemic and fluid, and the best measure for the success of its usage is whether something is conveyed so that both agree that it is understood. In this case I'm pretty sure you got that we're talking about the President we like the most, and the one we like the least, so apart from a relatively spurious semantic quibble I think everything's being communicated swimmingly :D

Second, not any more than "least well known" means "well known, but less so than all the others."

• Members

Right; in high school it can be funny to snipe at someone's grammar, but afterward I don't see the point in publicly correcting someone in the same tone that an embittered English teacher with an impending divorce and a two pack a day habit might. It seems less about the error and more about being the one to snipe it. Language isn't the sort of rigid thing that is implied in such an action, for better or for worse. If you've understood something, mission accomplished; if you feel that it breaks some rule or another, find a private moment to let them know what's up. At least, that seems like the nicer thing to do, to me.

Of course if you didn't intend to be combative about it then that might not apply to you at all; I interpret your most recent reply to mean that grammar errors do get under your skin and are not "okay with you," whether that means you feel the urge to call someone out on it or not. Was your first post not a call-out? ;)

Archived