Who was your favorite/least favorite president?

amarr1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First, language is by its nature polysemic and fluid, and the best measure for the success of its usage is whether something is conveyed so that both agree that it is understood.

Haha, that is ironic.

I can always count on one of your posts for an unintentional laugh. If you speak in this asinine fashion in real life you must get beat up a lot.

• Members

Haha, that is ironic.

I can always count on one of your posts for an unintentional laugh. If you speak in this asinine fashion in real life you must get beat up a lot.

I'm so glad you've started posting.

Edit: I don't like conflict. Let's make a deal - you try to get over the fact that I say complicated things, and I'll try to be more popular with assholes.

• Members
Not to mention, starting a 'man to the moon' program, to keep the public's focus elsewhere.

And being rather public with his 'personal' failures as a faithful husband.

Putting a man on the moon was cool, bro! And don't you forget it. :thu:

Yes, TR was very cool, for an imperialist warhead. And FDR saved us all over and over again when we really needed it. And Jimmy Carter was the most honest President we've ever had, and he proposed very smart energy independence measures that we are only now getting around to working on, and he's done more honorable work since he left office than any President ever.

But JFK saved the world from nuclear Armageddon and also nailed Marilyn Monroe, the very hottest woman of his time. :thu::thu:

• Members

favorite=Theodore "teddy" Rosevelt.....or Nixon

Yes Nixon.. a good president if just a tad paranoid...Except for the Watergate fiasco, he was a descent president

least= both Bush's....The dad and his idiotic son

Atleast his dad new about service to ones country

someone mentioned Carter.. He was the Smartest president we ever had.. Had a physics degree I believe.Far to honest t though He would of won re-electgion in '80 if he could of secured the release of the hostages... i believe the then Director of the CIA had alot to do with that not happening... BUSH....

someone also mentioned that Raegan helped Hussan.... Yes he did, but he was helping what he percieved as American Interest 1st by doing so... Remember the hostages in 79' in Iran... well.. in a word.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend.. reason we helped Iraq against Iran..Politics make strange bedfellows

• Moderators
someone mentioned Carter.. He was the Smartest president we ever had.. Had a physics degree I believe.Far to honest t though He would of won re-electgion in '80 if he could of secured the release of the hostages... i believe the then Director of the CIA had alot to do with that not happening... BUSH....

That would be quite difficult to do, since Bush was the CIA Director under President Ford (76-77). Carter's pick for CIA was a guy named Stansfield Turner. He served from 77-81. Carter was a Naval Academy grad and a peanut farmer.

• Members

I'm so glad you've started posting.

Edit: I don't like conflict. Let's make a deal - you try to get over the fact that I say complicated things, and I'll try to be more popular with assholes.

There's no conflict, dude. We just had a difference of opinion in another thread. I like your posts, not because they're complicated, but the fact they are so needlessly complicated and overblown just to sound important or confuse others or something. Really, this is a public forum, no need to use the biggest, most obscure word your computer/thesaurus suggests everytime, nor have an air of superiority about it. Occam's razor maybe?

But, no, keep it up. It makes me laugh-

• Members
There's no conflict, dude. We just had a difference of opinion in another thread. I like your posts, not because they're complicated, but the fact they are so needlessly complicated and overblown just to sound important or confuse others or something. Really, this is a public forum, no need to use the biggest, most obscure word your computer/thesaurus suggests everytime, nor have an air of superiority about it. Occam's razor maybe?

But, no, keep it up. It makes me laugh-

:lol:

• Members

favorite=Theodore "teddy" Rosevelt.....or Nixon

Yes Nixon.. a good president if just a tad paranoid...Except for the Watergate fiasco, he was a descent president

least= both Bush's....The dad and his idiotic son

Atleast his dad new about service to ones country

someone mentioned Carter.. He was the Smartest president we ever had.. Had a physics degree I believe.Far to honest t though
He would of won re-electgion in '80 if he could of secured the release of the hostages... i believe the then Director of the CIA had alot to do with that not happening... BUSH....

someone also mentioned that Raegan helped Hussan.... Yes he did, but he was helping what he percieved as American Interest 1st by doing so... Remember the hostages in 79' in Iran... well.. in a word.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend.. reason we helped Iraq against Iran..Politics make strange bedfellows

Yeah because Bush SR really created that sandstorm...good one buddy.

• Members

Yeah because Bush SR really created that sandstorm...good one buddy.

WTF are you talking about.. never said anything about him creating {censored}.. just profiting from it.. on a side note...ya do realize that bush sr was involved in iran-contra.. Oliver North was just the go between..

Some of ya really believe he wasnt knee deep in the {censored}...believe what ya want on that..Once a spook,always a spook.. ESPECIALLY at that level... :cop:

I wonder if Dick cheaney "accidentally" shot that dude in the face with a shotgun on their hunting trip:poke::facepalm::facepalm:..

Im neither like nor dislike Bush Sr.. i despise his son though...my political affiliation is neither republican nor democrat before some one calls me a liberal democrat or something like that.. Be like calling me a yanky:poke:.. I'm more like apolitical...

Our political systyem is so flawed in this country:facepalm:

• Members
WTF are you talking about.. never said anything about him creating {censored}.. just profiting from it.. on a side note...ya do realize that bush sr was involved in iran-contra.. Oliver North was just the go between..

Some of ya really believe he wasnt knee deep in the {censored}...believe what ya want on that..
Once a spook,always a spook.. ESPECIALLY at that level...
:cop:

I wonder if Dick cheaney "accidentally" shot that dude in the face with a shotgun on their hunting trip:poke:
:facepalm:
:facepalm:..

Im neither like nor dislike Bush Sr.. i despise his son though...my political affiliation is neither republican nor democrat before calls me a liberal demecrat or something like that.. Be like calling me a yanky:poke:.. I'm more like apolitical...

Our political systyem is so flawed in this country:facepalm:

Better watch that {censored}. I was a spook, and I've bled for this country, so don't give me that bull{censored}. The reason we didn't get those hostages was because of a massive sandstorm. Don't perpetuate this forum with BS conspiracy theories.

Everyone was involved with Iran-Contra, there was not one person in government at that time in any facet that was innocent. Just like Clinton sent US Soldiers to Bosnia during the Kosovo actions. A lot of close friends died in that {censored}. Don't even begin to act like any one president or person in high elected office is any better than the others when it comes to policies that are VOTED IN by ELECTED OFFICIALS. Which I'm pretty sure that means all americans who were of voting age were responsible for.

• Members

Better watch that {censored}. I was a spook, and I've bled for this country, so don't give me that bull{censored}. The reason we didn't get those hostages was because of a massive sandstorm. Don't perpetuate this forum with BS conspiracy theories.

Everyone was involved with Iran-Contra, there was not one person in government at that time in any facet that was innocent. Just like Clinton sent US Soldiers to Bosnia during the Kosovo actions. A lot of close friends died in that {censored}. Don't even begin to act like any one president or person in high elected office is any better than the others when it comes to policies that are VOTED IN by ELECTED OFFICIALS. Which I'm pretty sure that means all americans who were of voting age were responsible for.

Is it too much to ask for you to stop making assumptions about me or what i have said.... really

SOMEONE had to be in charge and the buck stops at the VP's desk....or the President.. Most VP's would take the "bullet" for the pres though and the VP has historically been closely allied with the intelligence community.

I really do not care if you was a spook as my views are still the same...what were you.. low level field op.... if so.. you took orders.. didnt give em

the CIA along with every other intelligence agency throughout history have been in the middle of the "{censored}"...

and furthermore.. the CIA,NSA,etc follow the "rules" set forth by congress or whoever only when it suits them...

on another off tagent...Hypothetical ?....What is an illegal order? If the President gives you an order, even though it violates international,constitutional,or any other law. is it still illegal..... Remember though.. Orders are not an excuse as we clearly stated by the prosecutors in Nuremburg in '46/47'....

as far propagating conspiracy theories.. only a theory until they are proven to be otherwise. Sometimes they are proven in time.. I do know the US government is hardly innocent on the world stage

• Members

Is it too much to ask for you to stop making assumptions about me or what i have said.... really

SOMEONE had to be in charge and the buck stops at the VP's desk....or the President.. Most VP's would take the "bullet" for the pres though and the VP has historically been closely allied with the intelligence community.

I really do not care if you was a spook as my views are still the same...what were you.. low level field op.... if so.. you took orders.. didnt give em

the CIA along with every other intelligence agency throughout history have been in the middle of the "{censored}"...

and furthermore.. the CIA,NSA,etc follow the "rules" set forth by congress or whoever only when it suits them...

on another off tagent...Hypothetical ?....What is an illegal order? If the President gives you an order, even though it violates international,constitutional,or any other law. is it still illegal..... Remember though.. Orders are not an excuse as we clearly stated by the prosecutors in Nuremburg in '46/47'....

as far propagating conspiracy theories.. only a theory until they are proven to be otherwise. Sometimes they are proven in time.. I do know the US government is hardly innocent on the world stage

Illegal orders are still illegal and you are under no obligation to follow them. It's stated in the Uniform Code of Military Justice. No court of law, military, tribunal, civil or international will uphold any defense stating they were ordered to do something illegal.

And illegal orders are any orders that are against any local, international, civil or federal laws set in place.

And before you say it (because I see it coming), yes a lot of people have given and followed illegal orders.

I have followed orders and given orders performing duties in multiple areas of responsibility, and have always upheld a code of conduct above what most have.

Yes certian agencies have and will continue to break specific international guidlines and rules, based on federal laws commissioned long ago governing such acts. Does it make it right? Nope.

I just don't like how you said Bush Sr. was the reason those hostages weren't rescued. That was pretty far out of line and wasn't even based on any fact at all.

He was and will never be anything like his son, and I don't get this whole "Lets lump the two together! Oh Sr was in the CIA that's why he's evil! Yeah!!! Because everything the CIA has ever done has been really super bad!!! Everything!" That's just wow. Not saying everything they have and continue to do is peachy keen perfect either.

• Members

Illegal orders are still illegal and you are under no obligation to follow them. It's stated in the Uniform Code of Military Justice. No court of law, military, tribunal, civil or international will uphold any defense stating they were ordered to do something illegal.

And illegal orders are any orders that are against any local, international, civil or federal laws set in place.

And before you say it (because I see it coming), yes a lot of people have given and followed illegal orders.

I have followed orders and given orders performing duties in multiple areas of responsibility, and have always upheld a code of conduct above what most have.

Yes certian agencies have and will continue to break specific international guidlines and rules, based on federal laws commissioned long ago governing such acts. Does it make it right? Nope.

I just don't like how you said Bush Sr. was the reason those hostages weren't rescued. That was pretty far out of line and wasn't even based on any fact at all.

He was and will never be anything like his son, and I don't get this whole "Lets lump the two together! Oh Sr was in the CIA that's why he's evil! Yeah!!! Because everything the CIA has ever done has been really super bad!!! Everything!" That's just wow. Not saying everything they have and continue to do is peachy keen perfect either.

Never said Bush Sr. was the reason that the hostages were released..If that is what you thought.. my apologies as I didnt make my point clear enough as I have a habit of doing so ever so often.. used to gettin into discussions with my x and not having top elaborate.hell... she knows what i mean LMAO.... i merely implied that perhaps he "delayed" their release.. it is not inconceivable that he could of....he had the possible means and he had motive.power is a powerful motivator... ask his son that was drunk with it

Not all CIA are evil.. if anything.. perhaps a necessary evil.. LOL....Without intelligence agencies we are blind as a country and that makes for a much more dangerous world.....what bothers me is that some people in such agencies are perhaps promoted well beyond their paygrade and do things in the US citizens name that is both unkool and unethical. If we start doing stuff that is "unamerican".. then what is the point in the end.. this is a battle of ideals.. If we loose sight of that and sacrifice our ideals for what someone sees as the "greater good" that we have already lost and we are no better than our adversary.

Torture is an example ...Torture has to be one of the most unreliable form of information gathering tools... Chemical cohercement IMO would be more effective....on a side note.. if we torture them.. they torture us.. if we deny them POW status.. they kill our soldiers out of hand.. might do it anyway, but we give them motivation this way though

IMO... the US is just like any other country in one key respect.. we only follow the rules of war when it suits us.. by WE , i mean, the people in command decisions....that do things for the "greater good".. this is a problem, as i dont want some religious/political zeolot bombing,etc,etc,etc my family because some of dimwit 2000 miles away that decided to make up the rules as he see's fit....

If you were in the CIA and you followed what you believed to be legal orders...you have my respect then.. so many people would follow an order because it is just an order and not question its legality

• Moderators

With a degree in civil engineering.

Carter received a BS in physics in 1946 from the Naval Academy. He furthered his education doing graduate work in reactor technology and nuclear physics. He certainly wasn't a dummy. He earned his living as a peanut farmer (simplified).

http://www.jimmycarterlibrary.org/documents/jec/jecbio.phtml

Archived