This forum, bias and "Clone Threads"

LR Weizel

• Members

Jesus christ. If something is wrong, it's wrong, and it makes sense to complain about it. You're basically putting playing at being a tough guy at a greater level of importance and then acting like you're somehow better for committing one of the most basic acts of hamfisted stupidity.

I don't have to become anti-critical thinking to make up your lack of reading/comprehension skills. It's much easier for you to avoid one thread than it is me an entire forum. I don't understand why you can't discuss this like an adult. "Not whining" doesn't take any balls since it means you keep your ass out of the fire. It's complaining about touchy {censored} like this that requires a thicker skin.

crying+baby.jpg

People get banned all the time. I guarantee it was more of your trolling that got you banned than anything. Take a nap.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do you feel the need to post schematics on the effects forum?

Your thinking is wrong too. It doesn't matter whether I feel the need to or not. I might come up for example if someone posted an Orange OD30 circuit because someone mentioned in the middle of a thread they wanted to make a clone out of it.

It's not against the rules to the best of my knowledge.

Also, I wasn't aware I did? I'm looking at the page and it's just a box and some parts... the only link is an email.

• Members

crying+baby.jpg

People get banned all the time. I guarantee it was more of your trolling that got you banned than anything. Take a nap.

Your tough guy act still doesn't excuse being banned for biased reasons. Sorry.

If you were right, you'd have an argument. If you were wrong, you'd post a picture of a baby crying to mock someone instead of proving them wrong.

• Members

But either way, you're wrong. It's an insane standard to hold because there's no way of knowing which builder will get tetchy. If I get banned for it, at least I proved I had principles unlike you. I'm not doing this to be a jerk. I'm doing it because some of my friends(and now myself) have been hurt by it.

i'm not wrong. it's not an insane standard. it's part of the rules you agreed to when you signed up for this forum. i'm upholding the principles that this forum states when you sign up, and if you're hurt by it, maybe this isnt the place for you.

• Members

Welcome to the real world. If this is the worst thing that has ever happened to you then I feel sorry for you when "Life" decides to come crashing down with real problems.

Shrug it off and move on. You aren't going to make anyone care, especially with a rant like this.

• Members

Your right, some companies like Zvex get preferential treatment here. It's bs, but it is what it is, accept it or get the hammer. Just go to the black market if you want to talk about those pedals.

But if everyone complained about it, what could Phil do? Ban everyone? If even a significant amount of people complained, it would be more of a headache to ban 20 people.

• Members

Your right, some companies like Zvex get preferential treatment here. It's bs, but it is what it is, accept it or get the hammer. Just go to the black market if you want to talk about those pedals.

There is as much BS in this post as the OPs.

ZVex has been banned more thimes than LRWeasel.

• Members

sucks. you're not the mod. deal with it.

I'm right. People are not right because they have power. Deal with it.

i've been banned from closed threads too. PAUL cochrane did file a lawsuit and got the dano clone pulled, with help from hcfx. you posted a link, maliciously, to a {censored}ty clone made to undercut zvex's profits. the purpose was to say '{censored} zvex's prices, you can get this.' it's like the difference between posting a link to a doctors' office that isn't planned parenthood, and a link for a coat hanger abortion. i might not be 'thinking', but i don't need to 'think' to know bull{censored} when i see it.

If someone did get banned merely over linking to a shop with a TOD, then that's dumb too. Sorry. I'd like to see this thread to make sure. In general lately, Zvex has been getting preferential treatment. It wasn't long ago there was another thread on this and Phil failed to offer Devi and others a fair explanation.

if you don't like me, fine. other people do. how am i the coward for standing up for this {censored}? you're the poison here. are you seriously blaming me? some random dude on the internet, for most of the problems in the world? {censored} off.

You're not standing up for anything. You risk absolutely nothing by doing this. If anything, you're earning preferential treatment from Phil in future having been shown it does in fact exist.

Whether I "Like" you or not is irrelevant. I don't "Like" many people. What I care about is that you're wrong, and your attitude will lead to more wrongness.

i'm not wrong. it's not an insane standard. it's part of the rules you agreed to when you signed up for this forum. i'm upholding the principles that this forum states when you sign up, and if you're hurt by it, maybe this isnt the place for you.

Sorry, but it is. I cannot anticipate if Fender will suddenly decide to get itchy about JTM threads. I would have to stop talking about this too to be clear of the rule. There are so many "clone" in guitar gear it is impossible. You haven't dealth with this point becaus you can't, it's insane. All you've said is "follow the rules", which I can't reliably, I've explained why and you haven't defeated my points. Where did I agree to such a crazy standard in the rules? It a list of builders that have asked for no discussion of clones specifically listed in the rules? No. Then you're wrong. If Phil corrects this, you've a better chance at being right.

You're clinging to impossible logic because the alternative is to put yourself in harms way. Sounds like a coward to me. I don't like people being banned because they didn't know that someone didn't want them talking about clones of their products. Either make it clear, or don't take action against them, just lock the thread and explain without being a jerk.

If Phil was sensible and level headed this thread would not exist. Phil needs to keep a clear list of clones we can and cannot talk about. I know I'm using more far out examples, but I was not aware that talking about Zvex clones was an offense, nor should it be since it's not illegal and he can do {censored}. But at least make it clear.

• Members

fran doesn't hang around here anymore because people like you scared her away.

I'm inclined to believe that it has more to do with THIS (i.e., the absence of the "cloned" pedal manufacturer - and the concomitant lack of bitching on the behalf of that manufacturer - from the boards) then any sort of absurd kickback system or lionization of boutique designers. Granted, I don't spend every waking hour on these boards but:

Vex definitely has a reputation for being belligerent rather than restrained when provoked on these boards. And sometimes playing the antagonist without provocation. I shouldn't use the phrase reputation as I've seen these things first hand in HCFX, but I don't feel that this thread needs to devolve into a Vex bash-a-thon.

That said, I'm sure no one (NO ONE) is more active in reporting those threads to Phil than he is as is attempting to protect his brand. I can't find fault with him for doing so. And I can't find fault with Phil for lending a sympathetic ear. Or maybe he just has as low of a tolerance for bitching as I (we) do. I dunno. I do find fault with the suggestion that this is a privilege reserved for Vex. I don't see that. In the examples you listed, I'd conjecture that there's an absolute paucity of complaints from the manufacturers who have been cloned to the powers that be around here. I haven't seen Leo Fender on these boards in ages; I think he might've moved over to TGP.

Anyway, I DO agree that there might be cause for debate as to whether complaining about clone threads should be reason enough for them to be moved. It rubs me the wrong way, you see. I'd rather preserve freedom of information in all quarters of the Internet, but I'll concede that this is a grey area, and that this is a private enterprise and is therefore not obligated to observe said freedoms, and that radicalism really has no place in a {censored}ing guitar forum. Still, we're practically tripping over all the Vex schematics on the web so, make your own clones if you want them people. There's enough overcharging going on out there to begin with.

/unnecessary indulgence of this somewhat open and shut case.

• Members

Hey guys, watch this. I'm going to make an extremely long post and use sophisticated language to try and prove a point while I act like I can't admit my shortcomings in being banned and try to re-establish myself and pretend like I know what its like to lose buisness. In the meantime, I am going to alienate myself from the forum, and will most likely be banned again. so long so, that you shall not remember me for when I return for my next impression of a rant because I'm still upset that mommy never loved me, or loved me too much and was one of those moms that said your the best, but knew you would fail in life. Cherio chaps.

• Members

Hey guys, watch this. I'm going to make an extremely long post and use sophisticated language to try and prove a point while I act like I can't admit my shortcomings in being banned and try to re-establish myself and pretend like I know what its like to lose buisness. In the meantime, I am going to alienate myself from the forum, and will most likely be banned again. so long so, that you shall not remember me for when I return for my next impression of a rant because I'm still upset that mommy never loved me, or loved me too much and was one of those moms that said your the best, but knew you would fail in life. Cherio chaps.

BOOM. :lol:

Archived