This forum, bias and "Clone Threads"

LR Weizel

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then why is the site still up? How am I meant to know this? I genuinely had no idea it was against the rules.

The site is still up probably because it's in Germany, and Vex is in Minnesota. They're probably such a small nothing of a company that any complaints Vex makes are likely ignored by the local authorities. I'm only guessing here, because he's alleged to have gotten pages pulled off the 'net before, so I assume he tried with that one as well.

And how are you to know it's against the rules? It's not against the rules. But when the moderator says, "hey, remove that", you'd best listen to him instead of being an ass and continuing a pointless argument. If you'd use some common sense, you might not have any of these problems. As has been already stated, being a member here is a privilege, not a right. If they ask you to do something, you should either have the courtesy to go with it, or leave and not participate any more. No one is forcing you to be member here. Following all these invisible "rules" isn't some sort of draconian hardship you're being compelled to endure. For pity's sake. :facepalm:

• Members

Why do you post here? Starting this thread was pointless because apparently you're the only one capable of "critical" thinking (e.g. sharing your point of view) here. I'm 100% sure that your banning had 0% to do with corruption and 100% to do with you being a douche.

• Members

Why do you post here? Starting this thread was pointless because apparently you're the only one capable of "critical" thinking (e.g. sharing your point of view) here. I'm 100% sure that your banning had 0% to do with corruption and 100% to do with you being a douche.

I've opened people up to disagree with me. It's not my fault nobody's been able to defeat the fact that this following is nutty: We can talk about some clones, but not others, and have to guess which clones are against the rules. If we're not psychic, we can be banned.Oh, and if we have a problem with this, we should just SUCK IT UP.

If you can, then great. Otherwise you're talking big and can't back it up, further proving my point.

• Members

The site is still up probably because it's in Germany, and Vex is in Minnesota. They're probably such a small nothing of a company that any complaints Vex makes are likely ignored by the local authorities. I'm only guessing here, because he's alleged to have gotten pages pulled off the 'net before, so I assume he tried with that one as well.

And how are you to know it's against the rules? It's not against the rules. But when the moderator says, "hey, remove that", you'd best listen to him instead of being an ass and continuing a pointless argument. If you'd use some common sense, you might not have any of these problems. As has been already stated, being a member here is a privilege, no a right. If they ask you to do something, you should either have the courtesy to go with it, or leave and not participate any more. No one is forcing you to be member here. Following all these invisible "rules" isn't some sort of draconian hardship you're being compelled to endure. For pity's sake.
:facepalm:

Copyright can still apply. It depends on the copyright laws of the country, not just the fact that it's two different country.

Phil did not tell me to remove the link before I went to bed and had forgotten about the thread. Again, am I meant to be psychic? Also warning should be issued by PM if they're that important so they don't get lost in the sea of crap.

Phil is wrong and you know it. There is no way I can know that posting certain clone links might get me banned and others won't, and which ones. I'm not a Minesweeper champion.

• Members

It's funny that you expect social justice on an internet forum.

Facts:

You're generally unliked around here. Sorry, but that should be enough of a reason to stop picking fights.

One shouldn't be allowed to blatantly clone something so specific (even down to the logo design).

Phil does as Phil sees fit. It he were unjust, people wouldn't come here as often.

If you don't like it here, GTFO. Sorry, man, but if you're manifesting your deep-rooted disagreements with American justice into these arguments about pedal builders (It's actually Paul C, not Timmy C, but I knew what you meant), then you might want to look into politics. I'd try reading a few books (start out small), and maybe join some political activism groups. But remember, man, take baby steps. You wouldn't want to try to learn too much too fast.

Mr. Weizel, I've noticed that you've overlooked two particularly poignant posts in your deluge of responses. Please acknowledge these posts by responding.

• Members

In the end, I suspect it was your antagonistic behavior (provoked or not) that earned you and the other guy a temp ban. The illegal clone thing had very little to do with it.

I'd compare it to the last time I got a ticket. I was speeding, so I got a ticket for that. I also got citations for having a brake light out and for not having my updated insurance card (I think it was 2 weeks expired and I just hadn't put the new one in my car yet). If it was just the brake light or the insurance card, I wouldn't even have been pulled over, EVEN THOUGH those are technically illegal offenses. Because I had been speeding, though, the other citations were able to be piled on.

I think that's what was going on here. You were being generally mean and vindictive (no offense, but it seems like you're pretty quick to anger in any of the threads you've created or posted in), creating a public "fight" between yourself and the other poster (who also got a temp ban, which should tell you that the link was not the primary reason for the ban). That's why you got banned. Everything else- the suspicious troll-like link, the link content itself, etc- was just tacked on top.

If you want to not be banned, all you have to do is play nice. You can discuss clones and politics and anything else you want... but when you start calling attention to yourself by screaming virtual insults at the other kids on the playground, don't cry foul when the teacher puts you in time out.

• Members

Mr. Weizel, I've noticed that you've overlooked two particularly poignant posts in your deluge of responses. Please acknowledge these posts by responding.

he also missed my poignant post.

so now imma keep upgradin' dis troll thread 'til i getz rekognized.

• Members

Copyright can still apply. It depends on the copyright laws of the country, not just the fact that it's two different country.

Phil did not tell me to remove the link before I went to bed and had forgotten about the thread. Again, am I meant to be psychic? Also warning should be issued by PM if they're that important so they don't get lost in the sea of crap.

You're sucking up to your sugardaddy. Phil is wrong and you know it. There is no way I can know that posting certain clone links might get me banned and others won't, and which ones. I'm not a Minesweeper champion.

Dude, it's not your fault.

• Members

In the end, I suspect it was your antagonistic behavior (provoked or not) that earned you and the other guy a temp ban. The illegal clone thing had very little to do with it.

I know. I don't care. It should have had NOTHING to do with it, because otherwise in a few weeks time someone might get banned for a few days ENTIRELY for it.

If someone gets a speeding ticket, and being gay gets him an extra dollar on it, that's still wrong. If it affected the probability of him getting it, conciously, even 1%, that's wrong. Again, I care about principles.

The fact that the people defending Phil here are being major cocks doesn't say anything to you? I'm actually being much more polite. And in your post you try and make it into a popularity contest? Seriously? And people wouldn't come here if Phil wasn't corrupt? I'm sorry but this defies some of the most basic in deas in psychology and sociology. People tend to do jack {censored} in the face of corruption and you know it. People have an amazing tolerance for the stuff. Go and read a book called "Ella Minnow Pea". It explains the problem better than I can. I won't respond to anything further from you unless you get a real argument.

• Members

I've opened people up to disagree with me. It's not my fault nobody's been able to defeat the fact that this following is nutty:
We can talk about some clones, but not others, and have to guess which clones are against the rules. If we're not psychic, we can be banned.
Oh, and if we have a problem with this, we should just SUCK IT UP.

And here lies the fallacy in your argument. Your ban had nothing to do with the posting of the link. Phil asked you to take it down, sure, but you'll notice that his first comment was not about that; it was about your behavior.

Your BEHAVIOR earned you the appropriate consequences. Are there others who can get away with similar things with less consequences? Sure, but that really is life. If you have a bad reputation, you get less leeway. If you're generally a law-abiding citizen, you might get a little more understanding. Even judgment call is just that- a judgment call. The only part that you have direct control over is how YOUR behavior plays into the person's judgment.

And honestly, a thread like this isn't going to do much toward repairing your reputation here.

• Members

I remember your thread and i definitely remember it was deliberately trying to stir up emotions with zvex and create drama which is 100% against the rules. Don't attack Phil, he's a good guy, and don't create a stupid drama filled thread just so you can get your jollies because you got called out on breaking the rules and banned. you could have probably had a intelligent discussion about your "problem" if you would have gone to phil directly and talked about the issue. but instead you had to be an idiot and create this thread and making it public. you pretty much did the exact opposite and turned everyone against you. the fact is your wrong. im completely support the fact that people have a right to know what other pedals are out there (clones or not) that will allow them to get their favorite sounds on a budget. but what you did was breaking the rules by attacking zvex and you got punished... let it go.

• Members

I know. I don't care. It should have had NOTHING to do with it, because otherwise in a few weeks time someone might get banned for a few days ENTIRELY for it.

If someone gets a speeding ticket, and being gay gets him an extra dollar on it, that's still wrong. If it affected the probability of him getting it, conciously, even 1%, that's wrong. Again, I care about principles.

The fact that the people defending Phil here are being major cocks doesn't say anything to you? I'm actually being much more polite. And in your post you try and make it into a popularity contest? Seriously? And people wouldn't come here if Phil wasn't corrupt? I'm sorry but this defies some of the most basic in deas in psychology and sociology. People tend to do jack {censored} in the face of corruption and you know it. People have an amazing tolerance for the stuff. Go and read a book called "Ella Minnow Pea". It explains the problem better than I can. I won't respond to anything further from you unless you get a real argument.

Fine. Don't respond. Just {censored} off and go and fight corruption in the real world instead of continuing this long streak of whining piss you call a thread.

• Members

The fact that the people defending Phil here are being major cocks doesn't say anything to you?

You think you can use this place as your private toilet? Phil was doing his job. There's nothing to defend. To me, Phil is a neutral party in this dispute, yet you're talking like he's got some vendetta against you.

Grow up.

Archived