This forum, bias and "Clone Threads"

LR Weizel

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why dont you just ban her from here like you banned me from maps

I don't mind if Phil wants to do this. I think I've made my point and I hope at least one or two sane people will realise what I was getting this.

Unlike some people I'm willing to compromise. I don't think he's listening though. If this was about the state of the forum and not vengence against someone who made a thread calling him out, he'd clean up the real mess before me.

Either way I've done nothing in the Electric Guitars or Amps forum nor are they quite as ridden with horrible people as the FX forum. This solution keeps everyone happy.

Looking a Permaban over someone's head is pretty childish, especially when I'm not even ranting. If you're going to do it, do it. If there's any purpose to keeping me around, then listen to my idea. There should be no issue with this, and again if Phil gave a toss about the state of the board he'd get rid of the real trash instead of the person calling him out. I haven't seen any convincing evidence he gives a {censored} and almost everyone who got chased away from HC stated around the time the new mods came in as the time it went to {censored}.

I wish people cared more about who's right than who can ban or gang up on who. If Phil moderated this forum right people like me wouldn't be a problem. I don't have any ill intent, I don't make threads like this just to piss people off but to make a point. If I'm that big a trouble for you it would seem you don't want to deal with those issues as a forum and want it to stay as the crappy place it is.

Like I said - the first thread I saw had the link in it. I asked you to pull it down. If you had never read my request, and that's all that I would have seen that night from you, I would have let it slide (despite the fact that I strongly suspected you were posting it to troll Zack Vex)... If I saw you do it again, I probably would have sent you a PM about it.

However, when I went into another thread just a few minutes later and saw you admit to trolling, you got the temp ban. At that point, it was "one case of apparent trolling (benefit of the doubt already given) and one case of admitted trolling, in conjunction with a bunch of personal attacks."

I honestly didn't see you posting this. I went to bed before I saw you make any post asking me to take it down, then when I came back you'd taken it down yourself and I was banned. More than likely I was writing up a response. This is why I stated all such warnings should be done via PM so they aren't missed in heated arguments. You'll notice people missing posts left right and centre in this thread for example. When did I "admit" to trolling? I was being "trolled" in that thread and I was just playing along to show the troll up for a bit of an eejit. I wasn't "riling him up". Maybe this is a misunderstanding but it should be your job to make sure you don't end up banning people over them.

You still don't deal with the impossibility of the clone situation either. If Fender asked you to take down references to early Marshall amps, would you? Or Fender with Xaviere/Rondomusic guitars? You keep avoiding this and keep pinning the blame on my "Other" behaviour. But it's such a crazy situation and you need to think it through. And stop pandering to Zvex.

• Members

I wish people cared more about who's right than who can ban or gang up on who.

People DO care about who is right. That is why you will likely be banned from all of HC permanently. I only hope they don't have to block all of Ireland just to be rid of you!

• Members

It's going to the higher ups because Phil is too corrupt to hand down a decision.

I don't recall saying the "Higher ups" would be any better. If Phil was a decent guy he wouldn't take it to the higher ups but ban the guys who actually do troll instead.

Also, I was right -

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2476722&page=3

Phil, you only asked me to take it down in a flurry of posts AFTER I had stopped and gone to bed. Just because you read my post after you made that post doesn't mean I somehow had time to change things. I was gone to bed.

If you can at least admit you were incorrect here or explain what was going on, then that'd be nice.

• Members

People DO care about who is right. That is why you will likely be banned from all of HC permanently. I only hope they don't have to block all of Ireland just to be rid of you!

How is that right? Admin decisions and "being right" are not the same thing. If you were a smart guy and all of your posts weren't insanely confrontational with unncessary exclamation marks, maybe you'd chill and see that?

What'd be "right" is if there were some measures in place to stop you making crazy comments like this, if anything. If I go and the hordes of dicks on this board go unpunished or relatively unpunished, then there's this massive asshole making machine being left on the internet run by a guy who can't control it who got rid of the one guy who was challenging it. That's not a positive outcome. If you really think this isn't a problem, then you're probably too far sucked into it.

How many of my posts were one line jabs asking why someone's head was so far up their ass? Or jizzing over the prospect of them being banned? Not terribly many. I'm not the bad guy here. Moreover when I point this out, it gets further ignored for more of the above. There is an obvious problem here. My problem with Phil is that he can't discern situations like this, nor can the other mods. This is a problem on a large, active forum with an influence over the rest of the internet.

I offered opportunities for reasonable explanations and apologies where those explanations failed. I'm a pretty reasonable person. The will to eject me from here is pure groupthink and ignorance, nothing else.

Might does not make right.

• Members
She'd just start another thread. If EVERYONE ignores her, she'll be denied the one thing she wants above all else - attention.

Let her have her last rants. She'll be perma-banned soon enough, and I'll close the thread then. Or Craig will can me for being biased and unfair. Care to wager over which outcome is more likely?
;)

Last time around with Kitty Rose, I had to make a rule that anyone who replied to her or one of her be-backs would get a three day temp ban. That's how we finally got her to go away (at least for a while) - by denying her any sort of response. I might just reimplement that "rule" again shortly - if I do, I'll make sure it's properly and clearly posted so everyone will know the rules.
:wave:

PLEASE READ.

• Members

Keep diggin' that hole...

What hole? I'm going to be banned anyway. I'm being remarkably polite that considered. Everyone else however is not.

It is quite frustrating that whenever you're proven right, people don't have to care. But, there'll always be someone. And if there's only one or two guys that realise because of this thread, it's worth it right?

I'm not a troll. Opinionated and argumentative, but not a troll. Unsure about you.

• Members

Please Don't otherwise where will fruvai,superbass and myself go?? :cry::cry:

• Members

then there's this massive asshole making machine being left on the internet run by a guy who can't control it

You realize you're on the internet, right? That's what the internet is. The conglomeration of people who are too {censored} to act like an asshole in real life. I'm way guilty of it, but I actually have friends in the RL so I don't need EVERYONE on the internet to be my friend. There's just too many stupid people for that.

• Members

you're looking for morality from corporate whores.

Yeah, pretty much. I don't like how Phil and Co. joke about whether or not the higher ups will find him to be biased/corrupt whatever when that's probably where the problem really lies.

Do you really think a forum owned by a corporation is going to be fair?

You realize you're on the internet, right? That's what the internet is. The conglomeration of people who are too {censored} to act like an asshole in real life. I'm way guilty of it, but I actually have friends in the RL so I don't need EVERYONE on the internet to be my friend. There's just too many stupid people for that.

That's not what the internet is. That's what people like you have made it. The internet can be anything you want it, and it is possible for it to change. That's why I do what I do.

Archived