This forum, bias and "Clone Threads"

LR Weizel

• Members

Oh Kittie, you're just as bonkers as the last time you posted around here.

Honestly, I've said it earlier on in the thread and I'll say it again, if you had a real argument I'd be seeing that in place of Internet Drama comments like this. You're just getting a good opportunity to be an ass to someone and you're taking it.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah, but when have you had to state opinions that no matter how you state them would risk you getting banned? Just because you had an opinion doesn't mean it was a dangerous one. Being impolite is one thing. How often do you grab the idea of bias or incompetence by the horns? The reason I make ridiculous long "flamewar" threads is because there's no way to bring up this issue around you children without it turning into that. You haven't made threads like that because your "impolite" opinions are low or no risk.

You're not a nice guy, nor is anyone much else arguing your case in this thread. I pointed out why and you seem to have kind of ignored that. You don't deserve the moral highground here when you're being a jerk and siding with even bigger jerks. Some of the posts directed towards me in this thread have been very vicious. If you want to be better than me, then do it by being nicer instead of meaner. This thread just shows the power of groupthink and self delusion. On any kind of logical scale, you're in the wrong, but to you, you're in the absolutely in the right.

It's not "great" if it's full of people who don't care about how great it is and celebrate their cowardice and apathy as a positive trait. It COULD be great. That's why it's so depressing.

Seriously, you're obviously not happy here, why do you continue posting?

Regardless of who is right or wrong you have taken this to heart far too much. Get some perspective in your life perhaps.

This is a free to use, privately owned and operated internet forum moderated by volunteers of the type that there are many alternatives.

Whilst this thread has been entertaining to me (particularly the encyclopaedia dramatica bit) it is a bit sad. Kinda reminds me of Zachman, and then Zachman's son. :facepalm:

• Members

Honestly, I've said it earlier on in the thread and I'll say it again, if you had a real argument I'd be seeing that in place of Internet Drama comments like this. You're just getting a good opportunity to be an ass to someone and you're taking it.

Kittie, you were banned last time from this place. Why come back?

• Members
thanks, here's another one I'm working on:

It's getting to the point

Where I'm no fun anymore

I am sorry

Sometimes it hurts so badly

I must cry out loud

I am lonely

I am yours, you are mine

You are what you are

And you make it hard.

Good start! :thu:

...although the "you make it hard" part is a little suggestive. Consider revising.

• Members

I don't know. You were an amazingly huge jerk, surprises me you're still around too. :poke:

Don't think that my opinions regarding your actions have changed just because I've had a good night's sleep. I'm sure you will continue to find me to be very much a jerk.

Please stop posting here and leave us in peace.

• Members

I like how he goes to EG and pretends like he's not about to be perma'd again.

What?

Well if Phil really wants to ban me, he could just do from the HCFX forums and leave me in the other ones, since I'm not a "problem" there. The guitar and amps forums seem a bit more polite, the really serious assholery seems to be limited to here. I could probably ask effects questions either there or in open jam. I really wish I could fix this forum but it's beyond my means especially when "friends" like Devi decide to obstruct me instead of help me. Fighting this kind of thing alone is unimaginably stressful, and you look down on me without appreciating that.

Only reason I come here is because it's by far the most active place. If there was a place that was equally active, I'd go there instead. That's why I never buy the THIS FORUM IS LIKE HIS HOUSE thing. I like to get answers quickly as I have pretty bad attention span issues.

I like how after the explosion of nonsense the thread begins to revolve entirely around me, ignoring the ridiculous flaw in the forum's rules. Attacking the person and not the argument is classic Ad Hominen. Which is really a bigger problem? You can ignore this thread, you can't ignore the rules.

This is easily the most immature forum I've ever been on. It brings out the worst in people I thought I liked, probably brings out the worst in me too. But it's a shame, because it's very useful to have around. I think either Phil needs to rethink who really deserves the ban, not just here but in general. Nothing is as simple as if you don't like it, leave. Where do you go? TGP? Snort.

I hate the idea of people coming in here and getting consumed by this assholery, then carrying it elsewhere. This is why I hate the private property thing, if your "private property" is covered in some kind of vicious spore, you invite people in and you didn't bother cleaning it up, you'd still be in trouble. That's what's going on here. Nothing exists in a vacuum. This thread demonstrates how serious the infection is. When a forum of this size is this bad, it's going to spill over onto other forums.

• Members
What?

Well if Phil really wants to ban me, he could just do from the HCFX forums and leave me in the other ones, since I'm not a "problem" there. The guitar and amps forums seem a bit more polite, the really serious assholery seems to be limited to here. I could probably ask effects questions either there or in open jam. I really wish I could fix this forum but it's beyond my means especially when "friends" like Devi decide to obstruct me instead of help me. Fighting this kind of thing alone is unimaginably stressful, and you look down on me without appreciating that.

Only reason I come here is because it's by far the most active place. If there was a place that was equally active, I'd go there instead. That's why I never buy the THIS FORUM IS LIKE HIS HOUSE thing. I like to get answers quickly as I have pretty bad attention span issues.

I like how after Devi's nonsense the thread begins to revolve entirely around me, ignoring the ridiculous flaw in the forum's rules. Attacking the person and not the argument is classic Ad Hominen. Which is really a bigger problem? You can ignore this thread, you can't ignore the rules.

This is easily the most immature forum I've ever been on. It brings out the worst in people I thought I liked, probably brings out the worst in me too. I think either Phil needs to rethink who really deserves the ban, not just here but in general. I hate the idea of people coming in here and getting consumed by this assholery, then carrying it elsewhere. This is why I hate the private property thing, if your "private property" is covered in some kind of vicious spore, you invite people in and you didn't bother cleaning it up, you'd still be in trouble. That's what's going on here. Nothing exists in a vacuum. This thread demonstrates how serious the infection is. When a forum of this size is this bad, it's going to spill over onto other forums.

Please put yourself & US out of misery by GTFO! :mad: Thanks a ROT! Take a GIANT hint.:rolleyes::wave:

• Members

Well if Phil really wants to ban me, he could just do from the HCFX forums and leave me in the other ones, since I'm not a "problem" there.

I think it's been well-proven that you are a "problem" everywhere you go on the internet.

You were banned before, so you signed up again with a new name to bypass the previous ban. That in itself violates a rule which will get you banned! How do you not understand that? Seriously, I think you post these empty-headed stupid things just as a way to provoke other people into fighting with you. It's sad and pathetic.

• Members

What?

So what got you banned at the Fender forum then?

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/139038-xaviere-tele-intonation-problems-;.html

Archived