OT: The official mammary thread

mr benn

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two one-week temp bans issued - one for the original IMG, the other because someone quoted (and thus reposted) it. :facepalm:

I suspect Clayton got nailed by a site that "swapped" the Goatse IMG in place of the IMG he was hotlinking to.

Hotlinking "jacks bandwidth" from the host site. When you hotlink - especially when reposting it to a site this large, it eats into their site's bandwidth, and some people get ticked off enough to zap you back via a substituted image of something disgusting.

It is YOUR responsibility to use caution when sourcing your images from other sites. If it comes back to bite you, there WILL be consequences. :cop:

And as far as quoting / reposting it - :facepalm:

• Members
I suspect Clayton got nailed by a site that "swapped" the Goatse IMG in place of the IMG he was hotlinking to.

Hotlinking "jacks bandwidth" from the host site. When you hotlink - especially when reposting it to a site this large, it eats into their site's bandwidth, and some people get ticked off enough to zap you back via a substituted image of something disgusting.

It is YOUR responsibility to use caution when sourcing your images from other sites. If it comes back to bite you, there WILL be consequences.
:cop:

thanks for that, I never realised that could even happen.

OK guys, it was nice that most of you made an attempt to keep it clean (although some of you pushed it a bit too far :cop: ), but we've now reached the point where we have spin off threads, and before they get any further out of hand, I'm closing all of the "appreciation" threads. Including this one. (Boo! Hiss!! Attica!!! :mad::cop::( :etc: )

So please give the subject(s) a rest for a while. Go talk about new NAMM news and gear or how easy it is to record or something... :idea::wave:

Archived