So I Bought A Diamond Tremolo TRM-1

mikeoxlong

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Crxsh, have you ever tried out a Memory Lane or a Halo Chorus? Both are extremely sweet. I'm also really looking forward to hearing the final version of their vibrato in person.

They really do make excellent pedals. :phil:

the only modulation i really care for is chorus, and I definitely have my eye on that one too, would also like to try the compressor tho my philosopher's tone is doing a good job... pretty soon my board will be half diamond..

• Members
Crxsh, have you ever tried out a Memory Lane or a Halo Chorus? Both are extremely sweet. I'm also really looking forward to hearing the final version of their vibrato in person.

They really do make excellent pedals. :phil:

I have not. :cry:

• Members

You probably instinctively knew how great they are, and therefore you couldn't Crxsh them, so you never bothered to check them out... IOW, they're your own personal Kryptonite.
;):lol:

Heh. Truth be told, I just couldn't ever justify the price for an ML2. I'm sure it's a fabulously wonderful sounding delay, but for $600 new... I'd expect more delay time out of it than your average Deluxe Memory Man (which wasn't enough for me either).

It's got some cool features and whatnot, but compared to my Superdelay... the only real distinction I can give it is that it's analog, rather than digital. I mean, for $600, I can get the presets and tap tempo and subdivisions and delay types and all that in the Superdelay AND put an analog delay next to it if I wanted.

It's just a money thing. Diamond build quality is 2nd to none, IMO.... and their whole lineup is just incredible -- but it is pricey, that's for sure.

You may be onto something there w/ the kryptonite thing though. I practically stole the Compressor I've got. Planned to flip it and make a few bucks.... but turned it on and fell in love. More than a year later, it's still on my board and is ALWAYS on. Just a great device.

• Members

Heh. Truth be told, I just couldn't ever justify the price for an ML2. I'm sure it's a fabulously wonderful sounding delay, but for $600 new... I'd expect more delay time out of it than your average Deluxe Memory Man (which wasn't enough for me either).

It's got some cool features and whatnot, but compared to my Superdelay... the only real distinction I can give it is that it's analog, rather than digital. I mean, for $600, I can get the presets and tap tempo and subdivisions and delay types and all that in the Superdelay AND put an analog delay next to it if I wanted.

It's just a money thing. Diamond build quality is 2nd to none, IMO.... and their whole lineup is just incredible -- but it is pricey, that's for sure.

Yeah, I was thinking about the ML2, but I just couldn't justify paying that much more than I did for the Superdelay VM. I'm not sure if I needed an analog delay that was that much (with comparatively less features than the SDVM, though the SDVM is digital)--the Retro Sonic Analog Delay cost enough as it was.

• Members

Hey guys,

Sorry to hijack, but since the guys at diamond are responding....are there any plans for a Diamond Flanger? Just wondering...
:)

The subject has been brought up and we've talked about some potential ideas and features but nothing on the drawing board yet. What are some of things people would like to see in a flanger?

• Members
The subject has been brought up and we've talked about some potential ideas and features but nothing on the drawing board yet. What are some of things people would like to see in a flanger?

definitely an expression out!

needs a volume knob, one to control the regen, speed and depth.

you could perhaps do it like your Halo chorus, and combine phaser, chorus and flanger in one :cop:
That, i would pay for.

• Members
definitely an expression out!

needs a volume knob, one to control the regen, speed and depth.

you could perhaps do it like your Halo chorus, and combine phaser, chorus and flanger in one
:cop:
That, i would pay for.

I agree about the volume, regen, speed, depth and exp out for speed (to cover the basic controls). A 'manual' knob (like the boss bf-2) would be cool to adjust the centre frequency/tone. A delay time knob would allow for some freaky sounds too, although the feedback could get out of control.

Hey, seeing as how alot of the basic building blocks for a flanger (delay, modulation) is in the Memory lane and the Halo, could you design an 'add-on' flanger option for those effects? Kindof like the ST-MIX (which is also awesome btw) is used for all the stereo options.

Take care,
Chris.

• Members

I agree about the volume, regen, speed, depth and exp out for speed (to cover the basic controls). A 'manual' knob (like the boss bf-2) would be cool to adjust the centre frequency/tone. A delay time knob would allow for some freaky sounds too, although the feedback could get out of control.

Hey, seeing as how alot of the basic building blocks for a flanger (delay, modulation) is in the Memory lane and the Halo, could you design an 'add-on' flanger option for those effects? Kindof like the ST-MIX (which is also awesome btw) is used for all the stereo options.

Take care,

Chris.

Oh, and a waveform switch (like on the tremolo) would be cool to set the LFO wave. All the same waveforms from the trem would give lots of flanging options.

• Members

Something that is warm, and can be subtle, and 'rich' sounding. Something in the vein of the Electric Mistress (not saying I want a clone...just saying I am a fan of that sound). I don't like flangers that only do the jet swoosh (I am not against them doing it, I just am not a huge fan of it).

Just my .02...and I will be keeping my eye out for this.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

2.The only thing I really didn't like was the wave form toggle switch.... you toggle the switch to get the different wave forms... the led's do a great job by letting you know which wave form you are on, but when you unplug the pedal it reverts back to the first wave form.... not really a big deal but it's annoying when everytime you plug in your board you have to toggle to the trem you want instead of it being dialed in all the time.

digging up an old corpse i know, but i was reading up on these and stumbled on this post. this can't be true, can it? it's a mechanical switch so it shouldn't revert back to anything.

• Members

digging up an old corpse i know, but i was reading up on these and stumbled on this post. this can't be true, can it? it's a mechanical switch so it shouldn't revert back to anything.

Hi freaksho- the toggle switch is mechanical in nature but simply toggles through the waveform in software. The signal path is 100% analog but there is a micro controller in the Tremolo that produces the waveforms that control that signal path.

With regards to the waveform- the first 147 units we shipped did not have the ability to save the waveform. Our thinking was that flicking the switch a couple of times when you first power up your board wouldn't be a big deal but we did get some feedback from a few players that felt it would be really useful so we added that function- all units after that 'remember' the last waveform used.

Updating any of the first 147 units is not a problem.

Archived