So I Bought A Diamond Tremolo TRM-1

mikeoxlong

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Could you please do a demo of this pedal. I would like you to place a contact mic in your hand, run it to the Diamond Tremolo then to your amp and then proceed to jerk of. I want to see if you can keep a steady tempo.

Video has been PM'd to you so I don't get banned, I thought i kept a decent rhythm, let me know what u think... also can u identify the red dot on my balls? I am too embarrassed to go see a doctor about it

• Members

The M9 pretty much covers any kind of trem need I have, but this thing is sexy as can be. I hear they built it out of the Compressor design. I'd love to give one a whirl......

Can you talk me through the modes?

this isnt a typical trem... it has features I have never seen or heard before and they are features that I use often..... the pedal isn't perfect tho and some things did piss me off about it.

• Members

agreed, everything they make is amazing

Oddly enough I havent gotten along well with their overdrives and the like. I want to but it seems they are not for me. Same with the Memory Lane. It sounds good for sure but not worth the price of admittance in my opinion. A friend of mine swears by the 1 and 2 and i just dont jive with it. I prefer my EHX Big Box Memory Mans. Modulation however...:love: Diamond rules.

• Members

Oddly enough I havent gotten along well with their overdrives and the like. I want to but it seems they are not for me. Same with the Memory Lane. It sounds good for sure but not worth the price of admittance in my opinion. A friend of mine swears by the 1 and 2 and i just dont jive with it. I prefer my EHX Big Box Memory Mans. Modulation however...
:love:
Diamond rules.

The new j drive is the tits, and my ML2 was worth every penny.... though in Canada Diamond stuff tends to be a lot cheaper.... I think I paid $495 CAN for the ML2 or somewhere around there

• Members

How does it compare to other trems that you have used?

How does it sound clean? With some dirt?

What about it do you not like?

tone wise it is the best trem I have used.... it is also the coolest most unique trem i have come across

reasonably quiet even with high gain... sounds great, haven't fully integrated it into my board yet (no room)

2 things prevented this pedal from being perfect.... well 1.5 things I guess... as one is only a learning curve...

1. the tap tempo is good but takes some time to get used to... especially with the different modes, it can be tricky tapping in a triplet and getting what you want... I still need to spend more time figuring this out

2.The only thing I really didn't like was the wave form toggle switch.... you toggle the switch to get the different wave forms... the led's do a great job by letting you know which wave form you are on, but when you unplug the pedal it reverts back to the first wave form.... not really a big deal but it's annoying when everytime you plug in your board you have to toggle to the trem you want instead of it being dialed in all the time.

• Members

Those are things I think I could live with. I am trying to decide between this and the Empress trem. You ever wish you went with the Empress instead?

no regrets, this pedal is a winner for sure... the chop mode sounds like a kill switch and just rips your head off with some fuzz attatched.... I love diamond stuff.... I have no regrets not getting the empress super delay over the memory lane 2 either

Archived