Way OT but I'm quite excited!

Vince

• Members

Congrats, man. Nothing prepares you for it, does it? After ours last August I went to Tesco afterwards and kept getting "something in my eye".

All the fun's to come, mate! My little girl was 9 months old yesterday. Best (some would so only) useful thing I ever did in my life.

• Members

My wife and I have just got back from having the 12 week scan! I'm going to be a Dad in July! Arghhhhh... (but most definitely yay at the same time!)

Congrats! I'm a month ahead of you. Just bought the car seat yesterday, and had a mini-panic attack with another sudden realization that this is actually happening. It's way scary, but "definitely yay" as well.

• Members

Cheers guys!

Congrats! I'm a month ahead of you. Just bought the car seat yesterday, and had a mini-panic attack with another realization that this is actually happening. It's way scary, but "definitely yay" as well.

Ha ha, we've got to get a new car and we're looking to move home too! As for gear, well I haven't bought much for a while anyway (happy with my M13).

• Members

Ha ha, we've got to get a new car and we're looking to move home too! As for gear, well I haven't bought much for a while anyway (happy with my M13).

Yeah, I'm trying to get all my guitar gear acquisitions for the next year out of the way this month. In the next 5 months, all my GAS is going to have to be reserved for stuff like cribs and baby monitors and such.

• Members

Yeah, I'm trying to get all my guitar gear acquisitions for the next year out of the way this month. In the next 5 months, all my GAS is going to have to be reserved for stuff like cribs and baby monitors and such.

How can you GAS for a baby monitor? It'll be a sad day when that happens!

• Members

How can you GAS for a baby monitor? It'll be a sad day when that happens!

Well, I'm trying my best to get excited about spending all this money on baby stuff. It is rather tough. But, in terms of monitors, I really want one with a camera/video display, and my wife really wants one with a special sensor that alerts you if the baby doesn't move every so often. It's a point of contention between us right now, because I figure we should just get both and she thinks having two baby monitors is overkill.

• Members

Did they tell you if its going to be a boy or a girl? Its such an exciting time ;o)

IMHO the more features your monitor has, the more you will worry.
We kept our daughter in our room for 3 months and then just left the doors open so we could hear when she cried. My friends had the video one and were constantly checking on their son when his face was turned away from the camera.

Good luck!

• Members

Well, I'm trying my best to get excited about spending all this money on baby stuff. It is rather tough. But, in terms of monitors, I really want one with a camera/video display, and my wife really wants one with a special sensor that alerts you if the baby doesn't move every so often. It's a point of contention between us right now, because I figure we should just get both and she thinks having two baby monitors is overkill.

We've got the one with the sensor. It's fab, has seen us thru the panicky first few months. You won't need anything else. Lovely to see when she went to bed the little green light blinking everytime she took a breath upstairs. We don't put it on till we go to bed, now.

And you think it's scary getting your car ready? Just wait till she tells you her waters have broken. My wife did 11 pm April 9th, by casually asking if she could have a towel to stand on.

My god, I could have {censored} through the eye of a needle.

Archived