Sad Thought:The Art Of Writing Notes In Class Is Dead To The This Generatin of Kids

mikeoxlong

• Members

Now that everyone has a cell phone....

I remember exchanging some seriously funny drawings and notes with my friends in school. And there was always a thrill of the possibility of getting caught and the teacher reading the note infront of the class...

my favourite note story:

I remember I drew a really perverted/hilarious picture and gave it to a friend one time... another friend jokingly ratted me out yelling "they're passing notes!!! and pointing at me )... the teacher demanded the note, after crumpling it up into a ball and playing piggy in the middle with her for a bit I ate the note....... needless to say I would probably be put in therapy if she had seen what I drew.

• Members

It may be because I'm younger than 50, but passing notes in a classroom doesn't sound that great actually.

And besides, the teacher would just grab a kids cell phone and read his text messages out loud. The medium has changed, but the phenomenon hasn't.

• Members

If Al Gore can say he invented the internet, then I invented texting... sorta
I remember in the early 90s they had this Texas Instruments graphic calculator that cost $130 and you could plot X/Y axis and text formulae in it. Me and the girl beside me would write text notes in ours and when the teacher turned her back, we'd swap calculators and read what the other wrote/answered. It was dorky as hell, but penile demands > all at 16.

• Members

Not really. I did it when I was in like the lecture hall classes with 100-200 people so the teacher didn't care to notice (this was like 2 years ago but anyways...).

It's hard to do it when most of your classes are between 10-22 people in a small room. It's also quite disrespectful...then again I guess I shouldn't talk because I usually fall asleep in class.

• Members

If Al Gore can say he invented the internet, then I invented texting... sorta

I remember in the early 90s they had this Texas Instruments graphic calculator that cost $130 and you could plot X/Y axis and text formulae in it. Me and the girl beside me would write text notes in ours and when the teacher turned her back, we'd swap calculators and read what the other wrote/answered. It was dorky as hell, but penile demands > all at 16.

lol. did that all the time in math. We used to right whole elaborate stories and pass them around. good times.

I didn't get a phone until the end of 9th grade. Never was big on texting, let alone in class.

• Members

I was a really good student growing up in the 80s.

But there's no way in hell I would be able to be a good student in a 21st Century classroom. I would be too distracted, impatient, and fidgety sitting at one of those desks listening to all of the ego trips and developmentally delayed neurotic bull{censored} going on in the average classroom.

I would have to be homeschooled. And that's coming from someone who teaches in a public school system.

• Members

We have chalk, huge lecture halls which are near impossible to sit in during the winter, and most of the time, the professors don't even notice people talking - so there's no need for notes.

I usually either chat or write down the lecture, for someone reason, I just don't enjoy notes that much - but I have written quite a few, still.

Archived