Science Friday....

companyman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Exactly, we had to beat the Russians to the Moon. No such competition from Al Queda...

Yeah, regarding that, I read an interview with Osama bin Laden's son today, who had an interesting view on this...

Apparently Osama did what he did to get America to spend more money on a war and the defense department. Because of this the US economy got {censored}ed. So Osama feels like he has won...

But let's not get into politics.
moon-movie-poster.jpg

• Members

disproportionate spending in some areas. Education and sciences in general seem to be pretty low on the priority list.

Yes, of course. I agree for some departments. The DoD, however, while primarily known as a military institution (and has the largest budget on that list) is a huge proponent of reasearch.

• Members

You guys know that it would be harder to fake a moon landing than actually land on the moon, right?

Anyway, getting into the whole science education being low on the list thing...

Watch Star Trek:TNG. Even better, Voyager, but for this, let's just deal with Picard. Basically, you've got two galactic powers: The federation, and the borg. The borg conquer by assimilation and destruction. The federation, however, conquer by bringing nonaligned worlds into the federation by showing them replicators, holodecks, unlimited energy and a post-scarcity society. All these non-aligned worlds need to do is submit to the federation, give them some token gesture of good will, and uphold federation directives (which really only concern the leaders and diplomats of that world).

Now, america is an imperialist country. We conquer by bombing countries into submission, and forcing assimilation (democracy) upon them. America is now the borg.

What we need to do now is make this country as good as it can be. I'm watching a 46" TV right now, so I'm thinking America is pretty good, but it's not as good as it can be. America can be {censored}ing awesome. We could be on {censored}ing mars right now. The only way to make america {censored}ing awesome is to spend, spend, spend on education and basic research. We'll come up with those replicators and holodecks eventually, and we'll knock the socks off everyone is Arabistan. They will submit willingly, and America won't be broke from bombing countries into submission.

• Members

You guys know that it would be harder to fake a moon landing than actually land on the moon, right?

Watch Star Trek:TNG. Even better, Voyager, but for this, let's just deal with Picard. Basically, you've got two galactic powers: The federation, and the borg. The borg conquer by assimilation and destruction. The federation, however, conquer by bringing nonaligned worlds into the federation by showing them replicators, holodecks, unlimited energy and a post-scarcity society. All these non-aligned worlds need to do is submit to the federation, give them some token gesture of good will, and uphold federation directives (which really only concern the leaders and diplomats of that world).

Now, america is an imperialist country. We conquer by bombing countries into submission, and forcing assimilation (democracy) upon them. America is now the borg.

What we need to do now is make this country as good as it can be. I'm watching a 46" TV right now, so I'm thinking America is pretty good, but it's not as good as it can be. America can be {censored}ing awesome. We could be on {censored}ing mars right now. The only way to make america {censored}ing awesome is to spend, spend, spend on education and basic research. We'll come up with those replicators and holodecks eventually, and we'll knock the socks off everyone is Arabistan. They will submit willingly, and America won't be broke from bombing countries into submission.

Holy.{censored}. This is awesome.

• Members

ahahah

Buddy we are the Romans

• Members

your just pissed cause the best chance your country has at landing on the moon is saddling up a methed out roided kangaroo :poke:

My country? Which would that be? I'm an internationalist/communist so I don't have patriotic feelings of any kind!

Way to be a racist mother{censored}er who discriminates based on country of origin too!:mad:

(quoted for all time)

• Members

What we need to do now is make this country as good as it can be. I'm watching a 46" TV right now, so I'm thinking America is pretty good, but it's not as good as it can be. America can be {censored}ing awesome. We could be on {censored}ing mars right now. The only way to make america {censored}ing awesome is to spend, spend, spend on education and basic research. We'll come up with those replicators and holodecks eventually, and we'll knock the socks off everyone
WHO
is Arabistan. They will submit willingly, and America won't be broke from bombing countries into submission.

Quoted for correction.

Archived