Science Friday....

companyman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Delusion? Probably. I remember hearing the science adviser for President Kennedy telling him that he would support the Apollo program if it wasn't in the name of science.

In the foreseeable future I say were going to be Earth bound and at best in International Space Station. But the problem here really is that any space program will have to be long term and span many administrations. The problem here will be getting every administration to agree on a goal, price, and an adjective.

That being said though we've had a lot of success with the unmanned programs.

(Anyone who thinks the moon landing was fake is an idiot)

• Members

I think we've got enough problems on earth that need dealt with now.

As far as private corporations going into space, more power to them.

just what the Europeans were probably saying before Columbus returned....if there is one thing that humanity has proven about itself, it is that we will consume all resources, relentlessly, meanwhile reproducing at an exponential rate. To not look for other possible inhabitable planets is foolish and short sighted. We have to dream big to win big.

• Members

It was DOA even before Obama but yes, it looks like the Chinese will own the moon. I am sure they'll sell a chance to see Neal Armstrong's foot prints to rich American tourists soon enough...

I know, the whole going back to the Moon thing was a desperate attempt from the Bush regime, trying to distract our attention from the endless war....a shame, there was such hopes for us humans.

• Members

Has anyone seen the remake of the Time Machine by HG Wells starring the dude from Memento? Anyway, in that flick, humans start to colonize the moon (in the "future" of course), but something goes wrong and the moon fragments and breaks up. Pretty cool commentary about how we always manage to F things up.

mooncrash.jpg

• Members

(Anyone who thinks the moon landing was fake is an idiot)

Agreed. It really annoys me when i see all the ridiculous conspiracy stories.

It's a shame that a return to the moon has been put on hold. I can understand why though in difficult times but i do think we as a species are looking inwards now rather than outwards, we're loosing the will to venture out from our little blue dot.

• Members

just what the Europeans were probably saying before Columbus returned....if there is one thing that humanity has proven about itself, it is that we will consume all resources, relentlessly, meanwhile reproducing at an exponential rate. To not look for other possible inhabitable planets is foolish and short sighted. We have to dream big to win big.

Or if we could just get people to understand they shouldn't keep having so many {censored}ing children...

I, for one, will not be contributing to the overpopulation problem that's at the root of, well, just about all of our resource problems. Which are at the root of almost all of humanities other problems.

• Members

Or if we could just get people to understand they shouldn't keep having so many {censored}ing children...

I, for one, will not be contributing to the overpopulation problem that's at the root of, well, just about all of our resource problems. Which are at the root of almost all of humanities other problems.

testify brother! Can I get a witness? No replication for me either.

Archived