Science Friday....

companyman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one answered my question.

Do you think if someone else tried to colonize the Moon before the US, would we try and stop them?

You know how long it would take to colonized the Moon? Let alone the pain of colonizing the Moon? Doesn't make any sense to colonized Moon. What would make more sense is making bases for research, mining, and launching. All of this would take a lot of time so if China did start building I bet you the USA and Europe wouldn't be far behind.

• Members

Jrkirkish kind of brought up a good point earlier. In that we need to spend.

I don't think you can find another country with such a rich and diverse geography. We have mountains, desserts, forests, plains and plenty of ocean surrounding us. Yet we don't utilize much of it for "clean" energy. This wouldn't be something we could do overnight, but in the long run I liked to think it would pay off. And this is kind of my point with NASA.

We have NEOs(near earth objects) that have a estimated worth's of billions if not trillions of dollars and a Moon covered with Helium 3. These things could easily begin to front bigger things such as launch pads, bases, solar sails, and maybe even a space elevator.

• Members

Jrkirkish kind of brought up a good point earlier. In that we need to spend.

I don't think you can find another country with such a rich and diverse geography. We have mountains, desserts, forests, plains and plenty of ocean surrounding us. Yet we don't utilize much of it for "clean" energy. This wouldn't be something we could do overnight, but in the long run I liked to think it would pay off. And this is kind of my point with NASA.

We have NEOs
(near earth objects)
that have a estimated worth's of billions if not trillions of dollars and a Moon covered with Helium 3. These things could easily begin to front bigger things such as launch pads, bases, solar sails, and maybe even a space elevator.

ahhh, see now, doesn' it feel better to be back on track? Not derailed by obtuse PSEUDO-Communists that never sleep.

• Members

You can't make a space elevator on the moon.

A space elevator goes up to a point in orbit where the surface doesn't move - analogous to geostationary orbit around earth. Where is that point for the moon? Earth. A space elevator on the moon would just be an elevator to earth.

• Members

In other words, this country is full of idiots with nothing of any value to offer the world.

Whether in jest or not, its discrimination based on nationality/race.

just to make it clear there was no intention to be racist or discriminitive towards you and your mates on your island.

im sorry i hurt your feelings :sad:

however im not sorry for giggling my ass off while typing it :lol:

Archived