HCFX - Post your rig (late spring edition)

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just picked up a Ghia a couple of weeks ago and am really digging it. I might swap the speaker out that's in mine for a Blue since they are supposed to be magic in these amps, but I have been absolutely floored by the tone I've been getting so far. Band practice last night was one of the best I've ever had using the Ghia with an SM57 running to the board.

ghia.jpg

Try as I might.... I just can't hate this. ;)

Really glad it's working out for you. :wave:

• Members

These:

IMG_2696.jpg

Into these and this:

IMG_2695.jpg

Overall very happy with the rig, can't wait to get the legacy out gigging again the thing just absolutely rips. I can't think of any other amplifier I could be more happy with. My Mexi is soon to be retired ( it was the first guitar I bought) for my suhr coming in sept/oct.

• Members
how does that little carvin sound?

Fantastic. It's from the same series as the X-60B and X-100B. 30 watts from 2 6L6s. Pretty marshally with good headroom and a powerful 4 band EQ. The reverb is very good. The dirt channel is passable, but I don't really care much about that. I just got this the other day, so I might still be biased, but I had the X-60B a while ago and liked it a lot too. The things that make this amp even better for me is that it's small (18"x18"x11") and cheap ($280 in great shape!). :love:

• Members

These:

IMG_2696.jpg
Into these and this:

IMG_2695.jpg

Overall very happy with the rig, can't wait to get the legacy out gigging again the thing just absolutely rips. I can't think of any other amplifier I could be more happy with. My Mexi is soon to be retired ( it was the first guitar I bought) for my suhr coming in sept/oct.

Painted on f-holes???? :freak::lol::cop: :poke:

• Members
that strat looks like a beaut!
:love:

It is truly the best guitar I have ever owned and it has supplanted my old 79 Strat as #1. It is the Deluxe V Neck. I ordered it through my local music store and the store tech pulled it out of the case to see if any adjustment was required and it played unbelievable right from the factory. I have since made the bridge non-floating (I can only whammy down not pull up). I like the locking Fender tuners, the SCN pickups and the S1 switching as well. I usually mod the {censored} out of my guitars but this one is all stock and I plan to keep it that way.

I noticed recently that they don't make this color scheme any more.

• Members
Painted on f-holes????
:freak::lol::cop:
:poke:

YES! I get all the coolness, with no feedback and I can go much faster than u.

In all seriousness, I've never had a more comfortable guitar to play and the guitar sounds absolutley WICKED, It's got a Tone Zone in the Neck and The Bridge that really suit the guitar well. Just a great fat nice round tone. I can't believe more people don't use the tone zone in the neck position, its amazing. So fat and round! and just enough output.

Archived