HCFX - Post your rig (late spring edition)

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thanks
:)
I don't really have an amp right now but I'm looking to get one, any suggestions?

I'm thinking about the Dr Z Carmen Ghia, thoughts?

I just picked up a Ghia a couple of weeks ago and am really digging it. I might swap the speaker out that's in mine for a Blue since they are supposed to be magic in these amps, but I have been absolutely floored by the tone I've been getting so far. Band practice last night was one of the best I've ever had using the Ghia with an SM57 running to the board.

ghia.jpg

• Members
I just picked up a Ghia a couple of weeks ago and am really digging it. I might swap the speaker out that's in mine for a Blue since they are supposed to be magic in these amps, but I have been absolutely floored by the tone I've been getting so far. Band practice last night was one of the best I've ever had using the Ghia with an SM57 running to the board.

ghia.jpg

Man, its beautiful!
may I ask what kind of music you play?

I'm looking for an amp that will give me a good countryalt.country clean tone and that will take pedals well. do you think the Ghia is a good choice?

• Members
Man, its beautiful!

I'm looking for an amp that will give me a good countryalt.country clean tone and that will take pedals well. do you think the Ghia is a good choice?

Hey udi, I tried pm'n you but your inbox is full :wave:

• Members

Man, its beautiful!

The Ghia would be perfect for you I think. I'm typically a church player but play alt-countryish/indie stuff on the side. The Ghia takes whatever pedals you feed it in stride. I run a lot of dirt and time-based effects (multiple delays) in front and it hasn't choked on anything.

I traded a Z28 to get this, which was also a good amp that I'd recommend as well. The Ghia is more of a british flavor running EL84s, and is a little lower headroom at 18 watts. The Z28 was 22 watts and runs 6v6s for more of a Fendery clean.

• Members
The Ghia would be perfect for you I think. I'm typically a church player but play alt-countryish/indie stuff on the side. The Ghia takes whatever pedals you feed it in stride. I run a lot of dirt and time-based effects (multiple delays) in front and it hasn't choked on anything.

I traded a Z28 to get this, which was also a good amp that I'd recommend as well. The Ghia is more of a british flavor running EL84s, and is a little lower headroom at 18 watts. The Z28 was 22 watts and runs 6v6s for more of a Fendery clean.

Never heard a bad word about the Ghia! and I really like the "less-is-more" design with just tone and volume knobs.
I'm going to try one soon.

thanks for your help :thu:

• Members
udi, that sunburst tele is so nice/clean! and i'm guessing you like Tortenmann. Whats the Overdrive like? is it a Tubescreamer?

The pedals are actually Telenordia (the older version of Tortenmann) and yes I like them a lot.
The overdrive is not a TS style pedal at all. its a low-mid gain OD that sounds like a cranked amp with a great low end.

• Members

Here was my old country rig:

RachelsRig.jpg

Here is my new country rig:

100_1073.jpg

(I built all the pedals on this board, with the exception of the tuner and footswitch. It goes Pitchblack-> BYOC 5 Knob Comp -> Way Huge Red Llama clone -> heavily modded TS-808.)

What do you guys think? Better or worse? Personally, I like it more, but just curious which one you guys like better. :wave:

• Members
Here was my old country rig:

RachelsRig.jpg

Here is my new country rig:

100_1073.jpg

(I built all the pedals on this board, with the exception of the tuner and footswitch. It goes Pitchblack-> BYOC 5 Knob Comp -> Way Huge Red Llama clone -> heavily modded TS-808.)

What do you guys think? Better or worse? Personally, I like it more, but just curious which one you guys like better.
:wave:

I like em both man. Both have the same bases covered (comp, drive, lead, trem, delay, tune) except for delay on that second board right? Less to carry around with the second rig though.

• Members

I like em both man. Both have the same bases covered (comp, drive, lead, trem, delay, tune) except for delay on that second board right? Less to carry around with the second rig though.

Thanks a lot! Delay is about the only thing I'm missing with the new board, but the old one didn't have trem, so it was a bit of a trade off. I'm happy with my new rig though.

• Members
I'm sorry for you man
:(
twas a vintage Orange, right?

aye.

I was supposed to drive down and get it tomorrow. Guy got an offer for a mid-80s Les Paul Custom today I guess (in his defense it's a better offer) so I'm SOL.

• Members
The best part? When you turn on the pedal, the LED is at the tip of his antenna, so it lights up.
:love::lol:

Thanks a lot! Delay is about the only thing I'm missing with the new board, but the old one didn't have trem, so it was a bit of a trade off. I'm happy with my new rig though.

All that matters is that you like it :thu:

what happened to the Honey Bee? i think when i'm done saving for my travels, i think im going to get one. When i saw a function Country band playing at my Aunties birthday, i got up and sat in with them because i knew the drummer, and the guitar player had a massive board, 2 landgraffs, a klon, a BJF DRD and HBOD a few others i can't remember.....

the HBOD was farkin awesome!! i want one!!

Archived