Your Strats - Show Me Them.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

staying in tune > floating trem

This.

I have pretty much always slammed my vibrato all the way down flat to the body on my Strats; either with three springs and a tightened claw, or even via five springs. I occasionally use the bar to wobble the pitch (downwards), but not that often. Since I bend notes against held notes a LOT more often, I'd rather have the vibrato TIGHT so the held note doesn't go flat as I'm bending the other note.

• Members

Also, for all the strats in this thread, there seem to be very few people floating the trems. . .are you guys just not into the vibrato system?

I just never used them. When I was younger I noticed that, when playing and I ran out of ideas, I would just hit the bar and not think. I gave them up because of that and the tuning issue. I also found tone and sustained improved, how much depended on each guitar.

If I need to use a trem I have an Ibanez RG420CM.

• Members

n651980722_1405478_1914.jpg

I should really get better pictures. It's a Warmoth, reranch finish, callaham hardware, duncan's, plus a tremsetter, which actually works really well and now allows me to use a floating tremolo with no fear.

Electronics are master volume and tone, with a master mid-cut circuit. Way more useful than the stock setup.

Archived