August New-Gear Thread

• Members
Not as sexy as my other purchases, but I got this in finally:

ER128.jpg

Once it's set up, things will be much more organized. Though I will probably feel the urge to buy more rack gear to fill it up. >.> I reorganized things in anticipation, and I am very happy with how things are going to turn out ergonomically.

-D

I've got one of those! Very nice, hopefully you won't run out of space any time soon!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got one of those! Very nice, hopefully you won't run out of space any time soon!

Well it's 12+8 and I only use 8 spaces of gear so far, so plenty to grow into! It's funny, sometimes organizational stuff actually helps in music making even more than new gear. A clean work flow means you get more done!

-D

• Members

Been saving $ lately but finally broke down and went for one of these after three or four aborted attempts to grab one over the years:

jp8080.jpg

Should be here in a week or so...my Microwave XT is feeling kinda lonely sitting up all by itself and this will fill some of that empty space nicely :)

Thanks!

bax

• Members

Well spotted, Id.

I bought it from a seller in the US - it'll in Tony's care when I return from Eire.

The only Oberheims I've ever had face-time with are the Xpander and the OB-Mx, both of which I encountered early in my days as a synth guy. I liked the sound of them, but had even less of an idea what I was doing than I do now {well, I knew where that cutoff knob was ;}. I have no basis for comparison to the SEMs at all - sorry.

That said, I'll be sure to take it to the PNW synthoid meeting next year =)

• Members
Plug it into your recording chain and use the hard bypass - or just run everything through it, all the time!
;)

Thats funny cause I am trying to find a way to bring it back before I get my 2nd digi 192 for 8 more I/O. And I have a 2nd patch bay but the I/O cables are going to be over 500 bucks... And I need the 192 to make the 2nd bay functional... Damn this gets expensive!

Sadly the damn dimension D has pretty low headroom IMHO. Ill never let it go though, I just had it repaired and fully serviced! I LOVE THAT BOX!:love:

• Members

Got this baby this month!!!!!! Lovey isn't it......

that one is really nice! i like my recently-acquired Fender Rhodes 73 so much i'm picking up a minty Rhodes 88 this week!! i have no idea how i'm going to transport it, even the 73 weighs ?...

my $500 precious, from a recent new gear thread:

73.jpg

• Members
that one is really nice! i like my recently-acquired Fender Rhodes 73 so much i'm picking up a minty Rhodes 88 this week!! i have no idea how i'm going to transport it, even the 73 weighs ?...

my $500 precious, from a recent new gear thread:

73.jpg

NICE the original "Fender Rhodes" That 88 is a beast :cop: I hope you are leaving that at home........

Archived