August New-Gear Thread

• Members

rs7000.jpg

Now someone please unban Swardle so that i can at least tell him Thanks! Thanks, for pointing me into right direction. This is really a great sequencer. Thank you swardle! (now just take it easy, and have a drink of grain alcohol and rainwater)

As of "sound engine". It is nice, but..... dynamic range is low. As soon as you add few more sounds, it turns too easy into mud. Second thing - the unit lacks bottom end. I transferred 808 kick, totally different sound, kind of plastic and little bit thin compared to original. Maybe it is just the converters, perhaps i should try to get digital-out expansion.

But... you can't have it all. For 500 bucks, fully expanded (64M ram/ 128M card/ 2G hard) i have no right to complain! This box is real fun!

I bought it from Droolmaster (another banned member - ha!). This guy is the best seller person i ever dealt with !!! And i met a lot of sellers in the last 3 years.

icon1.gif And... maybe our mods could show some good will and unban both members. It's summer after all. Time for fun! (and i'm running to the sea next week...haha!)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

rs7000.jpg

Now someone please
unban
Swardle so that i can at least tell him Thanks! Thanks, for pointing me into right direction. This is really a great sequencer. Thank you swardle! (now just take it easy, and have a drink of grain alcohol and rainwater)

As of "sound engine". It is nice, but..... dynamic range is low. As soon as you add few more sounds, it turns too easy into mud. Second thing - the unit lacks bottom end. I transferred 808 kick, totally different sound, kind of plastic and little bit thin compared to original. Maybe it is just the converters, perhaps i should try to get digital-out expansion.

But... you can't have it all. For 500 bucks, fully expanded (64M ram/ 128M card/ 2G hard) i have no right to complain! This box is real fun!

I bought it from Droolmaster (another banned member - ha!). This guy is the best seller person i ever dealt with !!! And i met a lot of sellers in the last 3 years.

icon1.gif
And... maybe our mods could show some good will and unban both members. It's summer after all. Time for fun! (and i'm running to the sea next week...haha!)

I got mine last month after stupidly selling one three years ago.

Have you sussed out the full Style/Section/Track/Phrase paradigm yet.

It's pretty insane that any Style can have 256 phrases over any track on 16 sections that can be 1 bar too 256 bars long and ANY TIMESIGNATURE simultaneously also.

Great for multi metered and timesignatured noodlings.

Realtime loop remix is great for mangling melodies etc also and then microediting into interesting variants when stuck for ideas.

The Output board makes a HUGE difference BTW as does the Digi out (especially the optical ...very crips output).

I absolutely adore these units and swear by them myself.

Congratulations.

• Members

The Output board makes a HUGE difference BTW as does the Digi out (especially the optical ...very crips output).

Thanks. I think i will give it a try.

It's pretty insane that any Style can have 256 phrases over any track on 16 sections that can be 1 bar too 256 bars long and ANY TIMESIGNATURE simultaneously also.

:freak:

• Members

intro_R_L.jpg

Did you get that yet? How do you like it?

I have a Korg Pandora (an older version). It doesn't have recording, but it does allow you to program in bass lines to go with its drum machine. I used to use it when the kids were asleep but it has been sitting idle for quite a while. I should probably just send it off to Ebay. Someone else can have some fun jamming with it.

• Members

Who isn't banned these days?? I think this is conspiracy and some evil forces "clean up" the internet!!

BTW, I can care less about your newest purchase Don, but your Avatar is stellar!!! :thu:

• Members

Very nice, Swami. How do you like the ReMOTE?

Remote SL just arrived today. I'm still at work so I haven't gotten to hook it up and install the SL software yet. I have an X-Station 61 (which I'll be selling now) which I was using as my main controller, which has the same action. (Which I like quite a bit.) Prophet is still on its way in!

-D

• Members

J3RK, what format is the Tau Phaser? From his site, it looks like a 1U rack format; is that correct, or are you mod'ing it to fit in euro format?

It's the Bride Chamber kit, and is in MOTM (large) format. I have a few large format spaces to fill, so no panel-work necessary on this one. I chose the 3086 option, as I've been hearing that the non-SSM versions have a bit more character/swirl to them. The SSM pairs are a lot more accurate. I'm actually thinking about designing it to accept either one in case I want to swap them out later. (it would just take ordering pairs of single row sockets for each size chip)

• Members

Thanks. I think i will give it a try.

:freak:

A Few More RS7000 Tips

1.When arming a sequence in a track use the soft keys under the controls.

You can then set the Time Signature and Phrase length before recording that phrase into that section of that track.

2.In your Job Menu you can also insert beat stretch (25%-400%) from beat/bar/measure x-y. So for example a 16bar Hip Hop Loop could break into double time from Bar 4-6 and Half time from beat 6-7 all in the one loop.

3.Use slice and sequence on drumloop samples. Then use divide drum job to spread the midi data for Kick / hat/ Snare etc over the first 5 midi channels and replace the samples with some of your own custom sounds then experiment with realtime loop remixing just the snares for example for 7-8 variation fills on the one groove.

4.Go nuts..... use 4/4 at 6 measures, 15/16 for 63 measures, 7/4 for 33 measures and 2/4 for 4 measures all simultaneously in a single section.

5.If your synths/samplers/rack gear can use key zones and you have used a drum kit sampled in the lower two octaves on the RS7000 then Midi A + Midi B can also utilize that one Phrase on a single track with clever keymapping each track inany section in any style can incorporate 256 phrases playing 3 parts (ie:internal sampling t/g on RS7000 + Midi A keyzone + Midi B keyzone at the same time).

5.Use the polyrythmic tool set of the RS7000 for great middle eastern music work outs - I tend to use my Technics WSA1 for really cooky percussive and modelled plucks and the like for just this purpose.

Archived