August New-Gear Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Nice! I drive an SVX (Alcyone)!

interesting. they've never been available in the uk to my knowledge.

i've been driving an ordinary impreza turbo for the last few years. great car but it's getting a bit temperamental, so time to change to a newer one.

i lubs teh subaru. :love:

• Members

The color flow between the monitors and micro Q is AWESOME!
:thu:

VERY BOLD INDEED ...

But you need one more yellow-colored element though to tie it together ... In cases like this, it's all about three ...

Maybe one of these ... ?

live3yj7.jpg

• Members
VERY BOLD INDEED ...

But you need one more yellow-colored element though to tie it together ... In cases like this, it's all about three ...

Maybe one of these ... ?

live3yj7.jpg

If you want something to just mess around with and can afford the price of admission, the Yellow Box of Boom is good clean fun. :thu:

• Members

Damn, I just had to pick up four bargains that I just couldn't resist.

First was the Komplete Synths $200 deal. It counts as new gear because I bought a Gateway Core 2 Duo Laptop w/printer for $600 in preparation for it.

Then I found a used SP-606 at Sam Ash for $200, already posted to this thread. I actually prefer the 606 over the 555.

I've been looking for a TC Helicon Vocal processor for a while, and I found one of the best, the VoiceWorksPlus for $499. Can you feel my T-Pain?

000009062.jpg

Then I ran across a Triton Extreme 61 for $750, new with full warrantee, but used as a demo display model. No scratches and cleaned up nicely.

TritonExtreme.jpg

I'm goin broke savin all this money. Now I need to decide whether to sell my X50, since it gives me nothing over the Triton EX, except its very convenient portability. Maybe I should do it just to buy the Moss board, but I've already got the R3 for VA work. I think I'm becoming a synth hoarder. Maybe I need to seek help.

• Members
watcha gonna be using it for james?

Two things:

1) Midi controller at my mix position. (routed to the Microwave XT, Nord Modular and Planet Earth modules in the racks below).

2) Dedicated controller for my softsynth PC running Massive, Absynth, Reaktor, Albino and Gigasampler (gotta think about replacing gigasampler now...Kontact?).

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Novation Remote SL integrates with my softies!

Later this evening, the guts of my softsynth PC are going into a brand new 2U rack case I also just received:

2150SE-3.jpg

• Members

The Remote SL is all set up now! So far, so good.

Softsynth duty will have to wait until my softsynth PC's brain is transplanted into its new body.

The keeys feel great, velocity is even and detailed and I even like the joystick...once I disengaged the spring-loading on the Y axis.

I'll say more as I get a chance to use it more fully.

remotesl.jpg

081208.jpg

• Members

Looks like Carbon's setup is getting smaller and smaller.
:D

If you ignore the rest of the room, it is. ;)

http://www.carbon111.com/photos/081208b.jpg

Seriously though, at this point I've only got ten synths (including modules) plus an upright piano:

...I do, however, have a couple things in the closet (Korg Lambda, Ensoniq VFX) though there are plenty more folks on this forum with a bigger setup than mine.

• Members
If you ignore the rest of the room, it is.
;)

http://www.carbon111.com/photos/081208b.jpg

Seriously though, at this point I've only got ten synths (including modules) plus an upright piano:

...I do, however, have a couple things in the closet (Korg Lambda, Ensoniq VFX) though there are plenty more folks on this forum with a bigger setup than mine.

I think "plenty more" is a generous assessment. Now, on some of the other boards I would agree, and certainly the amalgam of all the popular boards, why, sure, totally. But just here? I'd say "there are other folks..." to maintain accuracy. You are a modest man with a modest collection of toys; and God bless you for it.

• Members

Not much new stuff in August but a little summer clean-up:

s4.jpg

s3.jpg

s2.jpg

It is good that my bedroom studio is ground floor, so that I can just throw that dirty mess of a cable bundle out of the window occasionally ;)

Archived