August New-Gear Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After using it (the Remote SL) a bit, I would say there are definitely things that could be better, but I wouldn't use any other keyboard as a soft-synth controller. I happen to like the Novation action, but the buttons below the knobs are pretty sub par. The soft label is the only way to go for me, miles better than using templates on my x-station. There are a lot of potential improvements though. Still, it's the first iteration of the product, so I'll cut them some slack.

• Members

my remote zero is seriously the biggest heap of plastik i've every used- i feel if it fell onto concrete it would shatter into dust. novation must have initially thought it would be packaged with Happy Meals.

whatever keeps it affordable...

vsedit.jpg

• Members

I initially didn't like the pads on the SL, but after playing on them a bit, they're not that bad. Actually, the more I use it, the more I like it. Also, novation has really good support articles online. I only had two issues, but they were comprehensively covered on their website.

-D

• Members

I got a remote SL compact recently and love it. I've completely mapped Sylenth1 and I've gone from total noob to moderate-but-still-somewhat-respectable noob really quickly!!!

It's been like having my own analog synth...at least that's what I say until I own a real one...

I honestly knew nothing about knob-tweaking, didn't even know what LFO's were, but now I'm making really exciting new sounds.

• Members

Not as sexy as my other purchases, but I got this in finally:

ER128.jpg

Once it's set up, things will be much more organized. Though I will probably feel the urge to buy more rack gear to fill it up. >.> I reorganized things in anticipation, and I am very happy with how things are going to turn out ergonomically.

-D

Archived