August New-Gear Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really liked it on the drum machine samples they have on the site... If I weren't so busy recording and had more time to play, I would be getting one as well!

Ive been on the fence since they were released. Im just not into reamping right now which is when I usually break out the pedals. (And I mean reamping everything, not just guitars)

• Members

Been saving $ lately but finally broke down and went for one of these after three or four aborted attempts to grab one over the years:

jp8080.jpg

Looks like this month got a little busier for me than expected...

Couldn't pass up the GC sale on this:

KompleteSynths.jpg

And then Universal Audio had to announce immediate release and shipment of the UAD-2 so I had to grab one of these:

UAD2.jpg

And since I needed more PCIe slots in the DAW, guess it was time to upgrade that (the hardware from the old machine will filter down to my softsynth machine so I kinda get two upgrades that way):

ArmorJr.jpg

Intel Q9550 Core2 Quad

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6

OCZ Platinum 4Gb DDR3 1600 RAM

All the other stuff (lots of storage, simple and silent video card, DVD burner, Flash Card reader, etc)

Still staying XP - can't see any reason to move to Vista for a DAW at this point.

Thanks!

bax

• Members

You dont need to reamp. What happens is a line level "drives" it, so the only thing you'll notice is the Sens knob's "sweet spot" will not be the full range of the pot, it'll be like half of it.

He has a germanium soldered into this Roland SH-101.

I considered getting the marvelously modular Foxrox Zim, but opted to go with the guy on Analogue Heaven. If I really find myself with a kink for fuzz, then I'll probably pursue that and the 2008 Chicago Iron Octavian Plus

• Members

I really liked it on the drum machine samples they have on the site...

I don't care for distorted drum machines about 95% of the time, save for gabba's gnarlied-up 909 kick and the occasional loop sitting way, way back in the mix. I find cats like John Tye, Digital Hardcore Records or 8 Frozen Modules {I'm dating myself, here} is nigh-unlistenable.

• Members

My acquistions this month were pretty limited....a cheapie rack mount DI unit and a Crown CM311-AESH headset mic (not so cheap). The DI unit is OK ... jury is still out on the mic - it just showed up and my first chance to use it with a full band is tomorrow. Here's hoping....

Archived