August New-Gear Thread

• Members

Rockin' find. Was the sale in Murrieta?

San Bernardino. Looked at Craigslist this morning and there it was. I hade to make a round trip drive of about 120 miles, but {censored}, I ain't complaining, at all.

Also picked up a RS-5 for $100.00 too. I've already listed the RS-5 on E-Bay. I thought those were pretty entry level, but it's got some noce real time controls that also send out MIDI.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got the Grand Piano Samples by KPR for my Fusion. I really like them so far (the Yamaha C3 more than the others) but I have to see how it sounds when playing with the band. I expect it to be really good.

Thanks ChristianRock for the recommendation

Expect to make some EQ adjustments. This weekend I did my first gig with the Fusion and it sounded very good but it's a very aggressive-sounding piano. It might be the nature of the C3 actually.

I was very surprised by the B

• Members

I got the Grand Piano Samples by KPR for my Fusion. I really like them so far (the Yamaha C3 more than the others) but I have to see how it sounds when playing with the band. I expect it to be really good.

Thanks ChristianRock for the recommendation

Expect to make some EQ adjustments. This weekend I did my first gig with the Fusion and it sounded very good but it's a very aggressive-sounding piano. It might be the nature of the C3 actually.

I was very surprised by the B

• Members

Jupiter 8 strings or Logan strings? I saw the Logan string demo he posted a few weeks ago.

He posted some Jup-8 strings in one of the monthly New Gear threads, right as he was talking about the Jup-8 he had bought weeks earlier (and had failed to report to KSS :cop:)

• Members

Just passes a Mono/Poly. With all respect, nothing too exceptional, condition was not very good and a high price as well.
:rolleyes:

Monopoly = best mid-freq range mono synth ever. :) But it takes some time to get into it - about a month. It is not that simple as it appears on first sight. The palette of sounds it can generate is really huge. One mistake users do - when using triangle wave (to fatten up) they set levels of saw and pulse oscillators too loud. There is no need to, becuase the output is totally silent, and you can pump up the master vol. to the max without worry for the noise. That SSM filter is fantastic for dirty "techno" sounds. Also, check these reviews. I have it for quite long and still discover some new tricks. ;) It is also my most sampled synth.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I think It IS a damn powerful monosynth,

but somehow I feel the cash the guy asks doesn't come well with the condition of the specific instrument, and considering I already own a few analogs, I think I can pass that opportunity... I know I WILL get one in the future, when the condition and price are fine :thu:

• Members

I'm mainly waiting for ...Melodyne.

Everyone and their mother is waiting to see how well the polyphonic version works....

If its even close to melodyne mono, its gonna be GREAT!

My mentor has intonation issues on occasion cause we track each section of the orchestra separately (if you aren't truly familiar- orchestra tuning is freakin NUTS). If the string section is off, the horns and woodwinds will fight the key. This program could seriously change the game...

• Members

SP-606-sm.jpg

Found an SP-606 used for $200 at Sam AssH. I need to figure out a way to introduce the SP-606 into my pack without causing a sibling rivalry with my SP-404. I guess I have to reassure the 404 that I still need his 1GB sampling and battery power, while the 606 will be used for velocity pads, D-beam, and midi out. I paid less for the pair than one SP-555, and I can crossfade between them for a better live workflow to keep the music goin'.

I like the features of the RS7000, but it's just so damn big and heavy. Maybe the QY100 is more for me, but other than the more limited polyphony, anybody know what else I'd be giving up on the sound and sequencer capability?

Archived