why no TR-3?

korgi

• Members

....why don't boss just sort it out, and make a TR-3 with stereo in and outs for a panning option and a tap tempo input, DD-7 stylee......

surly it couldn't be that difficult, and would probably sell a {censored} load.

come on boss....lifes too short!

:facepalm:

• Members

they should.

but they should also release an MD-20, and quit making succesively {censored}tier modulation pedals for a change.

basically, if they do a TR-3 it'sll be digital with COSM models of old amp tremolo's. probably another Fender tie-in. and it'll be about 20% as good as it could have been if they listened to HCFX.

and the demo will be done by the blonde DeMarco. (the mentally retarded one). Boss are just SO far out of loop of new designs and what people are wanting.

• Members

Because it makes absolutely no sense to put the r&d into a pedal that already sells really well to make a few over particular gear nerds that wouldn't buy the product because they'd rather have its boutique equivalent happy.

• Members

Because it makes absolutely no sense to put the r&d into a pedal that already sells really well
to make a few over particular gear nerds that wouldn't buy the product because they'd rather have its boutique equivalent happy.

... and because the TR-2 is already a very good pedal in its own right.

There's no real need to update it at all as far as I can see.

• Members

....why don't boss just sort it out, and make a TR-3 with stereo in and outs for a panning option and a tap tempo input, DD-7 stylee......

I like it! Those are the two features I wish my TR2 had. Of course, like the guys said, there's a good chance they'd screw it up and make it COSM.

• Members

... and because the TR-2 is already a very good pedal in its own right.

There's no real need to update it at all as far as I can see.

Aside from the horrible bleed through at higher gain with the effect not engaged. Fix that and it's a keeper...otherwise...unusable.

• Members

Eventide already won that race.

I'm not so sure. If Boss could do something with similar functionality that just did pitch shifting and left out all the funky sounds like "Crystals" and whatnot, I bet they'd do just fine.

• Members

Someone already summed it up - they're selling {censored}loads of their current pedals so there is no incentive to "upgrade" them. If they had a TR-2 and a TR-2+ with stereo and tap tempo for a little more moolah the latter would probably move in minuscule numbers by comparison, and Boss will discontinue anything that doesn't meet its numbers quota quick smart (DC-2, VB-2, XT-2 etc).

It was 20 years before the PH-2 was "upgraded" to the PH-3, so expect a PH-5 in 2020 :eek:

• Members
Aside from the horrible bleed through at higher gain with the effect not engaged. Fix that and it's a keeper...otherwise...unusable.

I've never noticed that. :idk:

I've had several more expensive/boutique trems, and I'd still pick the TR-2 over most of them.

Archived