Simpsons intro last night

RoboPimp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what I really hate is that most people are challenging the accolades and opinions voiced by others,not Banksy himself

I've never heard him come out and proclaim himself as the best artist in the world today,other people have hoisted that brand on him

if you don't like the work thats fine,different strokes and all that

but don't feed him to the lions over some dodgy fanboy critics wankings about his Graffiti,I'd imagine he finds some of the stuff written about himself hilarious

Undoubtedly true. The heaped praise might be something he doesn't like and he doesn't proclaim himself as a genius. He's not bigging himself up.

On the flip side, Brand Banksy is a reality. I don't see the subversion on creating an intro for a flagging TV show on one of Rupert Murdoch's prime channels. Is his fame based on his artistic ability alone? No. I'd say that the fanboy wankings are important as they give him the promotion he doesn't give himself. Either way, whether it's reviewing his fanboys gushing wildly or his actual artistic pieces, it doesn't do much for me.

• Members

wHo is bansky btw, as I have not heard of him and am not bored enough to check

he's the Primeminister of Canada, he's been in the news lately because of the drawings he doodles while their government is in session but he deems the topic "boring". He always looks busy scribbling into a notebook, but a Canadian journalist got ahold of some of his sketches and blew the whistle on it... so now he's in a bit of hot water.

• Members

he's the Primeminister of Canada, he's been in the news lately because of the drawings he doodles while their government is in session but he deems the topic "boring". He always looks busy scribbling into a notebook, but a Canadian journalist got ahold of some of his sketches and blew the whistle on it... so now he's in a bit of hot water.

finally, some sense

• Members
Sounds like people are just pissed by Banksy-fanboyism, and instead go the other extreme and become Banksy-haters.

There is a middle ground, and it is much more sensible.
:idk:

happens all the time though, people are driven away from x because they can't stand x's fans. i used to feel the same way about john lennon. i can't stand the whole 'cult of saint john' that's grown up since his death - a lot of it from people who weren't even born when he died. but recently i forced myself to separate him from his image and can enjoy his work again.

it happens everywhere... muse, radiohead, peter jackson, kevin smith.

• Members

Did the 1996 episode featuring two former Presidents pass you by? The political Simpsons commentary over the last seven years is more obvious than before. Better? No.

Yes, they've had guest politicians on, but the show never took sides on issues until fairly recently.

• Members
happens all the time though, people are driven away from x because they can't stand x's fans. i used to feel the same way about john lennon. i can't stand the whole 'cult of saint john' that's grown up since his death - a lot of it from people who weren't even born when he died. but recently i forced myself to separate him from his image and can enjoy his work again.

it happens everywhere... muse, radiohead, peter jackson, kevin smith.

Jesus... :rolleyes:

Archived